Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joutman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Mike Jenkins Reply with quote

Mike Jenkins???????????

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now the bills haven't met with Mike Jenkins maybe the signing of kolb and branch have made them decide not to pursue Jenkins just yet

Thanks Max
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there goes Hixon.

We better use what money we have left to get a deal done with Byrd then, because this is getting tiresome.
OffseasonChamps

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
And there goes Hixon.

We better use what money we have left to get a deal done with Byrd then, because this is getting tiresome.

they probably are trying to work a deal but Byrd hasn't even signed off on the tag. consider that he may not want to play here. it might be a situation where he holds out until he has a guarantee that he won't be tagged next year. if that's the scenario we're way better off trying to work a sign and trade. that would suck, obviously, but there's a reason why the guy hasn't accepted a 100% no way i'm not getting paid big money payout. if that's the deal, trade him, Williams moves to safety, and draft a corner.

Domenik Hixon was drafted in the 4th round and had 1 reception for 5 yards in his first 3 seasons. David Nelson has 94 catches and 1042 yards in his first 3 seasons. David Nelson was signed by this FO as an undrafted free agent. just sayin'.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is to say the bills use the 16 million they have left as they can carry it over to 2014 and have a spending spree then. The bills arent a player or 2 from being a contender so why pay these FA alot of money? Nix and/or Whaley will be around if they go 2-14 or 14-2 next offseason. Some of these GMs such as the Dolphins know its a make or break year so they went out and over spent on all these FA hoping they can land a playoff team.

I do agree bills need to sign Byrd and the question is does he want to play for buffalo or move on

Thanks Max
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/9153254/kyle-moore-signs-chicago-bears-source-says

Bums me out... what the hell are we doing? How are we going to fill out the roster?
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/9153254/kyle-moore-signs-chicago-bears-source-says

Bums me out... what the hell are we doing? How are we going to fill out the roster?

Yeah, this one hurts. Levitre was the worst loss, this is second IMHO. I'm guessing the FO feels that Lawson fills his role? IDK...
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Even though he occasionally struggled against the run, I kind of was hoping we'd resign him at least as a situational rusher. I wonder if the staff just didn't believe he fit the scheme? I guess I could understand that argument against him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:

This puzzles me as much as Nelson and Levitre.. We have the cap space and with only 6 picks in our inactivity in FA who is gonna fill the holes
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are we not looking at Danario Alexander again ? IMO he makes perfect sense as the big bodied guy we need and it allows us to maybe take Warmack or Cooper at 8 than Barkley/Nassib at 41, or maybe Geno/Barkley at 8 and a guy like Eifert or Ertz at 41.

Just opens up more options
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Why are we not looking at Danario Alexander again ? IMO he makes perfect sense as the big bodied guy we need and it allows us to maybe take Warmack or Cooper at 8 than Barkley/Nassib at 41, or maybe Geno/Barkley at 8 and a guy like Eifert or Ertz at 41.

Because we're the Bills, and that makes too much sense.
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:

Because we don't trust a guy who's had one good half a season and who's knees are held together with paper mache and chewing gum?

He's a huge injury red flag, if he'd have lasted the full season I could see it. But most teams just don't trust his knees.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

Because we don't trust a guy who's had one good half a season and who's knees are held together with paper mache and chewing gum?

He's a huge injury red flag, if he'd have lasted the full season I could see it. But most teams just don't trust his knees.

Legit teams spend the money and take gambles. He could be had on a 2 yr 10 million deal type deal with a low tender.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are the bills going to bring in a guy like Denario in? Giving up a pick for him and paying him when the bills originally had him. No thank you, I rather bring in a rookie Qb and see what he can do with that pick. if it was a free agent and the bills wouldnt lose any of their 6 picks in this years draft it might be different but giving up the 2nd rd pick for him is ridiculous he could just be in the right system and thats why he did so well compared to him being in buffalo and being irrelevant.

Thanks Max
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Why are the bills going to bring in a guy like Denario in? Giving up a pick for him and paying him when the bills originally had him. No thank you, I rather bring in a rookie Qb and see what he can do with that pick. if it was a free agent and the bills wouldnt lose any of their 6 picks in this years draft it might be different but giving up the 2nd rd pick for him is ridiculous he could just be in the right system and thats why he did so well compared to him being in buffalo and being irrelevant.

Wasn't he tendered on a low pick ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: