Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

McKenzie's job so far, is he doing the right thing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
But that ain't what you said. You said tht there wouldn't be any talent on this defense. And there is absolutely no way to know that at this point.

But like you say, its whatever. I just choose to look at it differently and won't waste time trying to convince anyone of anything.

I said "little talent". There's no way to know that? Looking at our roster and being realistic is how most Raider fans know that.

There is no possible way to know what this team will look like right now. We have a new regime that does things that most Raider fans have never even experienced. Like stepping into the modern era to run a team. So no, there is no way to know how this thing is going to be put together.

Why do people keep saying this. Yes nobody here can tell the future. But you make intelligent guesses. What we had last year, who we signed so far, what cap space we have left, how guys we signed have played in the past. It's not hard to determine our defense will still lack the talent to be competitive and will not be where Allen wants it yet. It will improve cause it really is no where to go but up and staying with the same coaches should help to.
And you still dont get it, can your intelligent guess tell us who we gonna sign tomorrow or who we gonna draft? We have to add 40 or more players before training camp, can you intelligently guess who they gonna be? It's not hard to determine we should wait and see.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
idk whats going on i just remember last years fa class and i want to hate on reg but it is too early in the offseason.

imho i think deep down davis is just like his dad and will get tired of the losses. we dont even have many good losses.

with what?

the offseason

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such a crock of [REMOVED].... 'Give him more time... He needs more time...' What bad team won't get better, eventually, given enough time? I'm not expecting buddy to turn water to wine... but a little improvement, even just on paper would be much [REMOVED] appreciated...

To the rm supporters... Seems your #1 defense is 'he came into a bad situation'.... Understood.... He came into a bad situation... It was undeniably a better situation than what he's had a hand in creating... Not expecting a Super Bowl, just improvements, regardless of how marginal they are... Have not seen a single one... IMO we were better the season before rm got here than we were last season, and we were probably better last season than were gonna be this season.... Not acceptable. A good gm isn't one that can build a team with an abundance of the two most important resources... Time and money. Given time and money, IMHO most of us on this site could build a dynasty... A good gm is one that can build a team without an abundance of either time or money... Because that's the reality every gm in the Nfl faces basically....

We're basically defending him for forgetting to uncheck the 'salary cap' and 'supersim' boxes before he started working here....

Last point:.... A bad move is better than no move... Not unimpressed with moves rm has made... Unimpressed with the lack of moves he's made
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
This is such a crock of [REMOVED].... 'Give him more time... He needs more time...' What bad team won't get better, eventually, given enough time? I'm not expecting buddy to turn water to wine... but a little improvement, even just on paper would be much [REMOVED] appreciated...

To the rm supporters... Seems your #1 defense is 'he came into a bad situation'.... Understood.... He came into a bad situation... It was undeniably a better situation than what he's had a hand in creating... Not expecting a Super Bowl, just improvements, regardless of how marginal they are... Have not seen a single one... IMO we were better the season before rm got here than we were last season, and we were probably better last season than were gonna be this season.... Not acceptable. A good gm isn't one that can build a team with an abundance of the two most important resources... Time and money. Given time and money, IMHO most of us on this site could build a dynasty... A good gm is one that can build a team without an abundance of either time or money... Because that's the reality every gm in the Nfl faces basically....

We're basically defending him for forgetting to uncheck the 'salary cap' and 'supersim' boxes before he started working here....

Last point:.... A bad move is better than no move... Not unimpressed with moves rm has made... Unimpressed with the lack of moves he's made

Id love to hear what "moves" you would make LOL
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. What a bunch of crap.

And I would love to hear what moves he would make at this point. Rolling Eyes

With three new linebackers, a new DE and two new DT's, they are all relatively young and if needed we can get at least 3-4 years out of all of them if they do what we expect them to do. And that isn't even counting what we can come away with in the draft.

We just freed ourselves up to really nail the CB position, upgrade at RT and add depth to the rest of the OL.

It is a friggin process. You can't just snap your fingers and all of a sudden its all better immediately.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of comparison is that... He's an nfl gm, I'm a 20 year old economics major... A reasonable person wouldn't compare him to me... A reasonable person would compare him to other gms... Given that I have no experience as a gm, working with an nfl team, or anything comparable outside of some university classes... Still pretty positive I could have signed some papers to cut some players.... That's all Reggie has done....

To answer your question, what moves would I make... I'd look at a guy like freeney, price pending. I'd look at trading for guys with injury history but are game changers when they're healthy... If they stay healthy you got a steal... Jon beason comes to mind, Brian orakpo, etc... I'd start talking to teams in cap crises, they are more likely to ship a guy out cheap (ie boldin)... Id look at teams that were under achievers and more willing to trade guys... Woodley on pit comes to mind. Austin in Dallas comes to mind. Santonio in ny comes to mind.... I'd look for teams that have depth at a position and a lot if money invested in it.... MacLin on Philly comes to mind seeing as Jackson's contract is gonna make it difficult to resign a guy like MacLin. I'd look at trading for a guy like Aaron Hernandez. I'd look at trading for a guy like earl Thomas... Got a contract coming up as well as every other guy on their secondary...

These are just examples.... Point being, I would be trying to get sh*t done. Logistics are a whole other story, but it's not as if there's even been speculation of us trying to do anything
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:

And I would love to hear what moves he would make at this point. :roll:

With three new linebackers, a new DE and two new DT's, they are all relatively young and if needed we can get at least 3-4 years out of all of them if they do what we expect them to do. And that isn't even counting what we can come away with in the draft.

We just freed ourselves up to really nail the CB position, upgrade at RT and add depth to the rest of the OL.

It is a friggin process. You can't just snap your fingers and all of a sudden its all better immediately.

So what, 3 new linebackers.... 2 new dts.... None of these guys are anything!!! Who cares we got DIFFERENT guys... The idea is to get BETTER guys.... Glad you're impressed with side ways moves though...
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
It was undeniably a better situation than what he's had a hand in creating... Not expecting a Super Bowl, just improvements, regardless of how marginal they are... Have not seen a single one... IMO we were better the season before rm got here than we were last season, and we were probably better last season than were gonna be this season.

Do you not understand that things had to get worse before they got better? What the hell is the point of having a marginal improvement on an old, overpaid roster that is a fringe .500 ball club? The roster, as it was constructed, had no maneuverability to be able to make significant moves to become legit contenders, hence the whole rebuilding process that is taking place. If you think we had a chance to be contenders with the roster that was assembled, that's your prerogative, but you'd clearly be wrong.

Quote:
I'd look at trading for a guy like Aaron Hernandez. I'd look at trading for a guy like earl Thomas

This isn't Madden. I'm quite certain that New England is trying to ship out Hernandez. Same with Seattle and Thomas. I wish things were as easy as just trading for elite players. Then again, if you want to trade for elite players that would be available for whatever reason, you'd need to have something of value to give up, which the Raiders clearly don't.

mission27 wrote:
And she flips out like wtf I don't like that and I'm like you don't like rodents?

#JDI
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
What kind of comparison is that... He's an nfl gm, I'm a 20 year old economics major... A reasonable person wouldn't compare him to me... A reasonable person would compare him to other gms... Given that I have no experience as a gm, working with an nfl team, or anything comparable outside of some university classes... Still pretty positive I could have signed some papers to cut some players.... That's all Reggie has done....

To answer your question, what moves would I make... I'd look at a guy like freeney, price pending. I'd look at trading for guys with injury history but are game changers when they're healthy... If they stay healthy you got a steal... Jon beason comes to mind, Brian orakpo, etc... I'd start talking to teams in cap crises, they are more likely to ship a guy out cheap (ie boldin)... Id look at teams that were under achievers and more willing to trade guys... Woodley on pit comes to mind. Austin in Dallas comes to mind. Santonio in ny comes to mind.... I'd look for teams that have depth at a position and a lot if money invested in it.... MacLin on Philly comes to mind seeing as Jackson's contract is gonna make it difficult to resign a guy like MacLin. I'd look at trading for a guy like Aaron Hernandez. I'd look at trading for a guy like earl Thomas... Got a contract coming up as well as every other guy on their secondary...

These are just examples.... Point being, I would be trying to get sh*t done. Logistics are a whole other story, but it's not as if there's even been speculation of us trying to do anything
Yeah your not a GM thank god, but your quick to tell us what you would do. lmao!
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

And I would love to hear what moves he would make at this point. Rolling Eyes

So what, 3 new linebackers.... 2 new dts.... None of these guys are anything!!! Who cares we got DIFFERENT guys... The idea is to get BETTER guys.... Glad you're impressed with side ways moves though...

All of the "nothing" linebackers that we signed were better than the linebacker that we lost. And Roach is miles better than McClain. So there is an improvement there. Have you even been paying attention?

And you mentioned "price pending" and we got these guys for GREAT contracts.

Vance Walker has comparable numbers to Kelly and the oft injured Seymour and is a much more disciplined player coming from a defense that was one of the league's best. And those comparable numbers come from a guy that was in a rotation. Just think of how much production we will get from him when he plays full time. Plus he is YOUNGER and much LESS EXPENSIVE than both of them. 7 years younger than Kelly and 8 years younger than Seymour.

So where is the downside? That is how you build a team.

And trade for Earl Thomas and Aaron Hernandez??? What???!!! Are you kidding me???

How in the hell are you going to get Hernandez our of New England when Gronk is always injured and Hernandez is so productive? And trade what for him genuis? What do we possibly have that the Pats would want? You wanna give your 1st rounder? Your 3rd? And how would we upgrade the CB position with young and inexpensive ballplayers? And where would you get the money to sign Hernandez, Thomas, Freeney and all these other superstars you want to bring in?

Like someone else said, THIS AINT MADDEN. That is the problem with 20 year olds with a joystick in their hands. Your statements aren't based in reality. You build a team from within, through the draft and with smart young free agents.

There is a reason that Green Bay and Baltimore win and teams like Washington, Dallas and Miami don't and won't. You can't just throw money around and hope to buy a title and a quality team with staying power.

Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
This is such a crock of sh*t.... 'Give him more time... He needs more time...' What bad team won't get better, eventually, given enough time? I'm not expecting buddy to turn water to wine... but a little improvement, even just on paper would be much f**kin appreciated...

Seriously? Confused Laughing

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
Tamby

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:

Sure its easy to get guys like these that are nearing the ends of their careers, and they are probably still productive, but where are we going with them? This team won't be competitive for another 2 years minimum. We need to build a foundation of young talent on this team, whether its through the draft or free agency. Once a foundation is set and we approach 8-8, then you'll start to see us go after either the big names or the guys on their last legs that can still be productive. No need to hinder the growth of young players by signing the guys you just mentioned. Have you also ever considered maybe the players you just mentioned want to play for a contender?

To make you happy, we were shown to have interest in Sean Smith and Dashon Goldson before they picked other teams over us.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know right. I'm just sitting here SHM. Confused

OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were GM I'd trade McClain for TOm Brady! Why isn't McKenzie gettin ish done????!! Why can't he turn the salary cap off like I do in madden?
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
This is such a crock of [REMOVED[.... 'Give him more time... He needs more time...' What bad team won't get better, eventually, given enough time? I'm not expecting buddy to turn water to wine... but a little improvement, even just on paper would be much [REMOVED] appreciated...

'A bad move is better than no move'. How can committing a bad contract to a bad player be a good move Confused Terrible logic, terrible post.

Another Madden GM.
#clueless

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 16 of 37

Jump to: