Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

McKenzie's job so far, is he doing the right thing?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimkelly02

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: McKenzie's job so far, is he doing the right thing? Reply with quote

How do we all fel McKenzie is doing so far?

IMO I'd give him a C. I really wish he would have not signed Brisiel and after he made that mistake should have either cut him or done a straight salary reduction only. Same goes for Branch. He's a good player but we always overvalue our own players as fans. He isnt a 7m/yr SS. He's more like a 4-5m/yr SS. He's an in the box solid tackling SS who cant cover well, which always suprised me because he was a top 8 CB when drafted. We cant continue to keep guys like Kelly, DHB, Palmer, Huff, etc at these insanely overpriced figured.

IMO we should just cut them this year, bite the dead cap hits, just resign Bryant and scrubs and get cheap FAs to fill the holes, suck next year and build through the draft and value FAs next year. Also, we have Houston, Veldheer, Jano, Reese, McFadden, and Jano are free agents in '14.

IMO we should have bit the cap bullet and released Huff, Branch, Brisiel, DHB, Palmer plus McClain this year and next year we'd have very little dead cap hits. I feel like we're delaying the dead cap hits from out bad contract players for too long. They are not in the long term plans and we arent going to compete next year so why not clean the cap completely and go hard in the '14 offseason.

Also, I'd not sold on Bergstrom. I feel like he wont pan out, especially if we run a PBS.
lilcrazycat1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously... 1 offseason so far with no cap room and draft picks.. he was brought in to a bad situation that will take time to fix.. grading him on 1 offseason already is wrong
lilcrazycat1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously... 1 offseason so far with no cap room and draft picks.. he was brought in to a bad situation that will take time to fix.. grading him on 1 offseason already is wrong
jimkelly02

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm aware of the limitations but what I'm asking is: Is he really fixing the cap right now or just delaying the pain by moving more money into signing bonuses for Brisiel and Branch, plus whoever else we restructure.
blancanieve

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: McKenzie's job so far, is he doing the right thing? Reply with quote

jimkelly02 wrote:
How do we all fel McKenzie is doing so far?

IMO I'd give him a C. I really wish he would have not signed Brisiel and after he made that mistake should have either cut him or done a straight salary reduction only. Same goes for Branch. He's a good player but we always overvalue our own players as fans. He isnt a 7m/yr SS. He's more like a 4-5m/yr SS. He's an in the box solid tackling SS who cant cover well, which always suprised me because he was a top 8 CB when drafted. We cant continue to keep guys like Kelly, DHB, Palmer, Huff, etc at these insanely overpriced figured.

IMO we should just cut them this year, bite the dead cap hits, just resign Bryant and scrubs and get cheap FAs to fill the holes, suck next year and build through the draft and value FAs next year. Also, we have Houston, Veldheer, Jano, Reese, McFadden, and Jano are free agents in '14.

IMO we should have bit the cap bullet and released Huff, Branch, Brisiel, DHB, Palmer plus McClain this year and next year we'd have very little dead cap hits. I feel like we're delaying the dead cap hits from out bad contract players for too long. They are not in the long term plans and we arent going to compete next year so why not clean the cap completely and go hard in the '14 offseason.

Also, I'd not sold on Bergstrom. I feel like he wont pan out, especially if we run a PBS.

I agree with you 100% but in my opinion the reason why i think the Raiders as a organization have not done that is they are trying to get a new stadium and you need to field a competitive team to get that done just look at the Niners they start winning and BAMM new stadium i also think that Mark Davis believe's the Raider Team is better than a 4-12 team.

Last edited by blancanieve on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Totty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't [inappropriate/removed] in a coffee pot and get tasters choice. Give it time.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
blancanieve

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love it if the Raiders start winning i'm looking forward to that.
dante9876

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totty wrote:
You can't [inappropriate/removed] in a coffee pot and get tasters choice. Give it time.

Depends on who is tasting it.
jimkelly02

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stadium issues makes sense, good insight I didnt consider that.

I also find it almost comical how people are defending McKenzie so much. He can make mistakes and still be a good GM long term. I support him but I can still be critical of his decisions thus far.
daineraider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fail post IMO. He gave his plan last year and if you aren't completely delusional you would know its going to take several years to fix this mess. No draft picks and no cap space isnt ideal for anyone trying to make something good happen.

but you still have to put players on the field that are somewhat entertaining or no one will show up to any games. That's why he can't just cut everyone on the team and start over. Not to mention the cap hits would be huge. Give it time and give him at least this draft before you start grading him.

Sigged by Jamison
bitty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing he did was fire the HC and hire DA who was a gigantic failures as a first-year head coach. Over half of his staff was fired after one year and the offense scheme was changed back. The second thing he did was sign a few FA all but one were a waste of money.
Not exactly Bill Parcells.
jimkelly02

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm "completely delusional" because I believe we should have cut Brisiel or never even signed him for 4yrs/20m?

I'm "completely delusional" because I think Branch is overpaid and wanted to discuss whether we'd be better off cutting him then continuing to pay him soooo much money?
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
Fail post IMO. He gave his plan last year and if you aren't completely delusional you would know its going to take several years to fix this mess. No draft picks and no cap space isnt ideal for anyone trying to make something good happen.

but you still have to put players on the field that are somewhat entertaining or no one will show up to any games. That's why he can't just cut everyone on the team and start over. Not to mention the cap hits would be huge. Give it time and give him at least this draft before you start grading him.

but what about knapp?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
jimkelly02

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knapp was a horrible hire, but to be fair whose decision was that mckenzie or dennis allen?

im not trying to bash mckenzie here btw. i really like him, i just question his recent isolated decisions.
daineraider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
daineraider wrote:

but what about knapp?

Ok that I agree with. But do you not feel we have a better chance of success with Reggie running the show over Al?

Mistakes will be made but its not like Oakland gets first choice on coaches or free agents. Hopefully that will change over time. But reggies job is a lot tougher than I think its getting credit for. And to be fair that was probably Allen's choice but Allen was Reggies choice so it comes back around.

Sigged by Jamison

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 1 of 37

Jump to: