Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Intro/Random Thread [Playoff Letdown/Who Coaches Nugs? Ed.]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15034
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Oh yeah look at that throwing ability

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTFhkHK6t1A

I seriously wonder what people actually watch his throws look even worse in practice with no pressure on him.

Anyone can play that game. Perfect throw here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zuUIhv8z3M


There are A LOT more instances of the first type of throw than the second.

Not arguing that. But what 07 did was childish. Anyone can find a video of a bad pass. Heck, I bet I can find more bad passes from Manning too. It was a stupid post, so I made a stupid post.
So are the arguments that some are making, some people keep saying no one appreciates what Tebow did. When that's not true, we all enjoyed that run and that playoff win. But that does not mean he is immune to criticism just because he's likable and a good guy.

But people calling out others for being "wrong" when Tebow never played another down for Denver and has not nor will not start another game for some time is ironic.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8167
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Oh yeah look at that throwing ability

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTFhkHK6t1A

I seriously wonder what people actually watch his throws look even worse in practice with no pressure on him.

Anyone can play that game. Perfect throw here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zuUIhv8z3M


There are A LOT more instances of the first type of throw than the second.

Not arguing that. But what 07 did was childish. Anyone can find a video of a bad pass. Heck, I bet I can find more bad passes from Manning too. It was a stupid post, so I made a stupid post.

So are the arguments that some are making, some people keep saying no one appreciates what Tebow did. When that's not true, we all enjoyed that run and that playoff win. But that does not mean he is immune to criticism just because he's likable and a good guy.

But people calling out others for being "wrong" when Tebow never played another down for Denver and has not nor will not start another game for some time is ironic.

You know what, I respect that stance you take. If youre man enough to admit the time that he had in Denver was fun and memorable but still disagree he can play QB, I respect it. However, there are some that act like a child whenever his name is brought up. They do exist.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elliot878


Moderator
Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 10620
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Oh yeah look at that throwing ability

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTFhkHK6t1A

I seriously wonder what people actually watch his throws look even worse in practice with no pressure on him.

Anyone can play that game. Perfect throw here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zuUIhv8z3M


There are A LOT more instances of the first type of throw than the second.

Not arguing that. But what 07 did was childish. Anyone can find a video of a bad pass. Heck, I bet I can find more bad passes from Manning too. It was a stupid post, so I made a stupid post.

So are the arguments that some are making, some people keep saying no one appreciates what Tebow did. When that's not true, we all enjoyed that run and that playoff win. But that does not mean he is immune to criticism just because he's likable and a good guy.

But people calling out others for being "wrong" when Tebow never played another down for Denver and has not nor will not start another game for some time is ironic.

You know what, I respect that stance you take. If youre man enough to admit the time that he had in Denver was fun and memorable but still disagree he can play QB, I respect it. However, there are some that act like a child whenever his name is brought up. They do exist.


Even I'd say his time in Denver was fun and memorable. The end of the Jets game had me on my feet making fun of my friend. The Steelers playoff game I was going nuts.

While I'll admit that, I just don't think we would have kept winning the way we were. Tebow was always miserable for 3 quarters, and the D kept us in it. Then Tebow worked prevent defenses over. We had plenty of good bounces, outstanding special teams and defensive plays that I think deserve more credit than Tebow's fourth quarter heroics. As exciting as they were, I don't think that style would sustain winning the next year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobdevine


Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 2177
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture of 6'8" Brock Osweiler and the 5'5" Trindon Holliday:

http://imgur.com/Pc0dj
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PGeorge2


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 1706
Location: Columbia, MO
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't believe there are 5 pages in the random thoughts thread about Tebow.

There is no winner to this argument. Some people get more emotionally involved than others.

Here's my thoughts Tebow's career. A buddy of mine and I watch the draft together every year. He was a huge Gator fan and obviously a Tebow fan. I'll never forget that entire night of just hoping we wouldn't draft Tebow (nd if you don't believe that then go back and look at the posts from that era.) I even had "No to Tebow!" in my signature for a long time.

Once he got here, I started drinking the kool aid. He's personable, seems like a damn good guy off the field, hard worker, role model, etc.. He was a guy you wanted to succeed. But no matter how hard you want someone to be good at what they do, it still comes down to talent and production.

Tebow won us some games that we had no business winning. The Dolphins game and Bears game come to mind instantly. But he held back other players and everyone on offense had to change their style to fit his. Bad offensive scheme decision, IMO.

Today, I can sit back and appreciate what Tebow did for Denver. I can also sit back and say I am damned glad he is not our starting QB.

Tim Tebow is not good enough to be a NFL QB. It's as simple as that. He has the work ethic, drive and determination to succeed in the NFL, at another position. Notice, I didn't say he has the talent. That is still yet to be determined. And if you need proof he isn't good enough to play QB, 32 teams wouldn't sign him for the vet minimum. Some of you guys act like he has the potential to be a franchise QB making 20m+/year. He wasn't signed for the veteran minimum, by anybody.
_________________

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnAngryAmerican


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 18427
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
I really can't believe there are 5 pages in the random thoughts thread about Tebow.

There is no winner to this argument. Some people get more emotionally involved than others.

Here's my thoughts Tebow's career. A buddy of mine and I watch the draft together every year. He was a huge Gator fan and obviously a Tebow fan. I'll never forget that entire night of just hoping we wouldn't draft Tebow (nd if you don't believe that then go back and look at the posts from that era.) I even had "No to Tebow!" in my signature for a long time.

Once he got here, I started drinking the kool aid. He's personable, seems like a damn good guy off the field, hard worker, role model, etc.. He was a guy you wanted to succeed. But no matter how hard you want someone to be good at what they do, it still comes down to talent and production.

But he held back other players and everyone on offense had to change their style to fit his. Bad offensive scheme decision, IMO.

Today, I can sit back and appreciate what Tebow did for Denver. I can also sit back and say I am damned glad he is not our starting QB.

Tim Tebow is not good enough to be a NFL QB. It's as simple as that. He has the work ethic, drive and determination to succeed in the NFL, at another position. Notice, I didn't say he has the talent. That is still yet to be determined. And if you need proof he isn't good enough to play QB, 32 teams wouldn't sign him for the vet minimum. Some of you guys act like he has the potential to be a franchise QB making 20m+/year. He wasn't signed for the veteran minimum, by anybody.

I agree with every word of this and it nicely sums up my feelings regarding Tebow as well.

PGeorge2 wrote:
Tebow won us some games that we had no business winning. The Dolphins game and Bears game come to mind instantly.

I wouldn't say that. Our defense and Willis McGahee kept us in those games.

Marion Barber running out the bounds and Jay Culter and Lance Briggs being out with injuries helped us win the game against the Bears more than the few small contributions Tebow made. The Dolphins switching to a prevent defense late in the fourth quarter, when it was clear an over-under zone coverage alignment was too much for Tebow to handle in the first 55 minutes of the game, won us the game against the Dolphins; Mike Nolan and Tony Sparano did more to help us win the game against the Dolphins than anything Tebow did.
_________________
big_palooka:

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BroncoinGermany


Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 2372
Location: Deutschland
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Picture of 6'8" Brock Osweiler and the 5'5" Trindon Holliday:

http://imgur.com/Pc0dj


How often will this picture be posted on here? Laughing
_________________

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15034
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:


Marion Barber running out the bounds and Jay Culter and Lance Briggs being out with injuries helped us win the game against the Bears more than the few small contributions Tebow made. The Dolphins switching to a prevent defense late in the fourth quarter, when it was clear an over-under zone coverage alignment was too much for Tebow to handle in the first 55 minutes of the game, won us the game against the Dolphins; Mike Nolan and Tony Sparano did more to help us win the game against the Dolphins than anything Tebow did.
Dennis Allen Wink

Actually it's hard to keep up with who is filling the Defense Against the Dark Arts position in Denver.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joe_is_the_best


Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 6607
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Joe Webb can be a second string QB, then Tebow sure as hell can be too. First he couldn't play QB, now people are saying that he's not even good enough to be roster fodder? Who's delusional now? Now it's unprofessional to even sign him? What am I even reading?

I, for the record, don't think he's good enough to be a starting QB in this league. He doesn't have the abilities that you want in a QB. I could care less about his throwing motion. He doesn't read defenses, has poor pocket presence, bad timing, bad vision, etc. Can those be fixed? Theoretically, yes. realistically, probably not.

Does that mean he doesn't deserve a roster spot? No. Kafka is evidence of that. Belichick would rather have non-conventional talent than conventional trash. How is this a negative for NE?

They have invested in countless FA's and have made them much better than people thought. See: Ninkovich, Woodhead, Carter, etc. They also invested in some more high-profile moves that didn't work out. See: Ochocinco, Haynesworth, etc. There is no risk. None. How many times have NE castoffs not succeeded versus the castoffs they take on succeed? Probably more.

Can he play QB in this league? Probably not. But why so much disdain? Everybody else is a bigger circus than Tebow fans. The media flocking everywhere he goes, thousands of Jags fans filing a petition for him not to come, 20 pages of talk on FF, etc. The guy won a playoff game, by his own merit. Nobody carried him. No prevent defense. Completion percentage is irrelevant if you have 30 YPA.

Plus, who knows how much progress he's made the past year? Do you trust the Jets as talent evaluators? I don't. They let Woodhead go. They signed Sanchez to a nice contract. They put Greg McElroy on the field. They used Tebow as a punt protector. They don't have a clue.

/rant
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PGeorge2


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 1706
Location: Columbia, MO
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
PGeorge2 wrote:
I really can't believe there are 5 pages in the random thoughts thread about Tebow.

There is no winner to this argument. Some people get more emotionally involved than others.

Here's my thoughts Tebow's career. A buddy of mine and I watch the draft together every year. He was a huge Gator fan and obviously a Tebow fan. I'll never forget that entire night of just hoping we wouldn't draft Tebow (nd if you don't believe that then go back and look at the posts from that era.) I even had "No to Tebow!" in my signature for a long time.

Once he got here, I started drinking the kool aid. He's personable, seems like a damn good guy off the field, hard worker, role model, etc.. He was a guy you wanted to succeed. But no matter how hard you want someone to be good at what they do, it still comes down to talent and production.

But he held back other players and everyone on offense had to change their style to fit his. Bad offensive scheme decision, IMO.

Today, I can sit back and appreciate what Tebow did for Denver. I can also sit back and say I am damned glad he is not our starting QB.

Tim Tebow is not good enough to be a NFL QB. It's as simple as that. He has the work ethic, drive and determination to succeed in the NFL, at another position. Notice, I didn't say he has the talent. That is still yet to be determined. And if you need proof he isn't good enough to play QB, 32 teams wouldn't sign him for the vet minimum. Some of you guys act like he has the potential to be a franchise QB making 20m+/year. He wasn't signed for the veteran minimum, by anybody.

I agree with every word of this and it nicely sums up my feelings regarding Tebow as well.

PGeorge2 wrote:
Tebow won us some games that we had no business winning. The Dolphins game and Bears game come to mind instantly.

I wouldn't say that. Our defense and Willis McGahee kept us in those games.

Marion Barber running out the bounds and Jay Culter and Lance Briggs being out with injuries helped us win the game against the Bears more than the few small contributions Tebow made. The Dolphins switching to a prevent defense late in the fourth quarter, when it was clear an over-under zone coverage alignment was too much for Tebow to handle in the first 55 minutes of the game, won us the game against the Dolphins; Mike Nolan and Tony Sparano did more to help us win the game against the Dolphins than anything Tebow did.


What I wrote came out totally wrong. I meant that he had little to do with those wins. Like you said, the Barber fumble was what kept us in the Bears game. The Dolphins game was horrible defensive coaching on their part at the end. Those are the reasons I used those two examples. Not sure why I typed what I did.
_________________

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5081
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
If Joe Webb can be a second string QB, then Tebow sure as hell can be too. First he couldn't play QB, now people are saying that he's not even good enough to be roster fodder? Who's delusional now? Now it's unprofessional to even sign him? What am I even reading?

I, for the record, don't think he's good enough to be a starting QB in this league. He doesn't have the abilities that you want in a QB. I could care less about his throwing motion. He doesn't read defenses, has poor pocket presence, bad timing, bad vision, etc. Can those be fixed? Theoretically, yes. realistically, probably not.

Does that mean he doesn't deserve a roster spot? No. Kafka is evidence of that. Belichick would rather have non-conventional talent than conventional trash. How is this a negative for NE?

They have invested in countless FA's and have made them much better than people thought. See: Ninkovich, Woodhead, Carter, etc. They also invested in some more high-profile moves that didn't work out. See: Ochocinco, Haynesworth, etc. There is no risk. None. How many times have NE castoffs not succeeded versus the castoffs they take on succeed? Probably more.

Can he play QB in this league? Probably not. But why so much disdain? Everybody else is a bigger circus than Tebow fans. The media flocking everywhere he goes, thousands of Jags fans filing a petition for him not to come, 20 pages of talk on FF, etc. The guy won a playoff game, by his own merit. Nobody carried him. No prevent defense. Completion percentage is irrelevant if you have 30 YPA.

Plus, who knows how much progress he's made the past year? Do you trust the Jets as talent evaluators? I don't. They let Woodhead go. They signed Sanchez to a nice contract. They put Greg McElroy on the field. They used Tebow as a punt protector. They don't have a clue.

/rant


The bolded really sums up his abilities nicely. Lots of QB's have had success with lousy throwing motions, none have had success lacking the other abilities mentioned.

I think he's a great young kid. I also think he's the worst NFL Starting QB I've ever seen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 12418
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
Tim Tebow is not good enough to be a NFL QB. It's as simple as that. He has the work ethic, drive and determination to succeed in the NFL, at another position. Notice, I didn't say he has the talent. That is still yet to be determined. And if you need proof he isn't good enough to play QB, 32 teams wouldn't sign him for the vet minimum. Some of you guys act like he has the potential to be a franchise QB making 20m+/year. He wasn't signed for the veteran minimum, by anybody.

I disagree he is good enough to be an NFL QB. i doubt he's good enough to ever be a starter unless he's a journeyman that you have to mentor. I think But he's better than most QBs in this league. I can't think of 80 QBs better than Tebow and w/ guys like Kaepernick, Newton, and other QBs that will run he can be useful simulating those guys. I know Damon Huard was extremely important when Patriots beat the Colts during one of the Super Bowl runs because of his usefulness mimicking Manning.
There's terrible QBs employed purely on how they work, intelligence and such. His athletcism I'm hoping he gets some use at another position if he can learn to catch he could be a RB/QB/TE hybrid. Can anyone make any argument that Kafka is more useful for the Patriots than Tebow? I can't and I honestly don't think Tebow will make the team and Brady and Mallett are the QBs an Tebow might come back if one of them gets injured or they think Tebow could be more useful simulating an athletic QB(I know Edelman used to do it but w/ how awful the WRs are he may start(in case your wondering after Amendola its a lot worse Laughing))
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
One, I have no idea how such an inconsequential player has generated so much discussion. And I do not mean just here or even in the world of sports, I mean in the universe; apparently there was talk about Tebow on the "Today Show" this morning. It's embarrassing.

Before game 1 last night they were interviewing Torey Krug and they asked him about Tebow.
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

More practically, I cannot understand why a franchise which presents itself as the epitome of professionalism would do this. The Jets, sure, they invite the circus to town but the Pats....? Wow.

They had Tebow have to keep it all on the down low and he did. Belichick is doing the normal thing. Tebow is saying nothing and Belichick is being Belichick angering the media. Also I think its also being used as a way to put more pressure on Mallett to grow. He is the 3rd most popular guy in NE again at QB and can test his maturity more.

Though I like Tebow always have. I don't think he'll make the team and it will be 2 QBs again. But he'll make preseason a bit more interesting.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot:
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
hibdib31


Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 1372
Location: NoVA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:


Marion Barber running out the bounds and Jay Culter and Lance Briggs being out with injuries helped us win the game against the Bears more than the few small contributions Tebow made. The Dolphins switching to a prevent defense late in the fourth quarter, when it was clear an over-under zone coverage alignment was too much for Tebow to handle in the first 55 minutes of the game, won us the game against the Dolphins; Mike Nolan and Tony Sparano did more to help us win the game against the Dolphins than anything Tebow did.
Dennis Allen Wink

Actually it's hard to keep up with who is filling the Defense Against the Dark Arts position in Denver.


Mike Nolan was the defensive coordinator for the Dolphins at the time. I believe AAA meant that it was a poor job by Nolan that attributed to the Broncos win.
_________________
Elite...and it's not even close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15034
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:


Marion Barber running out the bounds and Jay Culter and Lance Briggs being out with injuries helped us win the game against the Bears more than the few small contributions Tebow made. The Dolphins switching to a prevent defense late in the fourth quarter, when it was clear an over-under zone coverage alignment was too much for Tebow to handle in the first 55 minutes of the game, won us the game against the Dolphins; Mike Nolan and Tony Sparano did more to help us win the game against the Dolphins than anything Tebow did.
Dennis Allen Wink

Actually it's hard to keep up with who is filling the Defense Against the Dark Arts position in Denver.


Mike Nolan was the defensive coordinator for the Dolphins at the time. I believe AAA meant that it was a poor job by Nolan that attributed to the Broncos win.
Miami's defense played pretty good that game that onside kick was the difference.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
germ-x


Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Posts: 7795
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some will probably roast me for this, but Tebow's time in Denver was memorable, but far from fun, IMO. Honestly, it was the least fun i have ever had as a Bronco fan. It was the first time i never really looked forward to the weekend and watching the Bronco game. He was/is a terrible QB.

I really think he needs to change positions. I think he could have a role in this league, but it isn't at QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 52 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group