Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Mock Amidst FA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: New Mock Amidst FA Reply with quote

I don't want to do Free Agency which is why I haven't done a mock in a while. I've been waiting until after FA but I'll just do a draft right now. However I will make a disclaimer we either resign Slauson or sign Antoine Caldwell (I like him still). I have many ideas I've toyed with but all depend on how FA shakes. So here is pretty much a positional blue print of how I think the Jets should draft at the moment.

Round 1- Jarvis Jones
Round 2- Larry Warford
Round 3- Stedman Bailey
Round 4- Mike Gillislee/Christine Michael
Round 5- Omeregie Uzzi
Round 6- Ryan Otten
Round 7- AJ Francis

This is a mix of BPA and needs. I feel like Rounds 1 and 2, barring a freak falling, HAVE to be OLB and OG. Could be OG then OLB or OLB then OG but those two we must find starters. The only other position we really need a starter from is QB but that won't be found in this draft. Now Round 3 we shouldn't pigeonhole ourselves. I think Bailey is a BPA and the GM says he wants to get Mark more weapons. Plus Holmes is likely cut next season and who knows Hill's progression. Then round 4 we can pretty much take any RB that falls. Round 5 is when we can really get anyone. I would like to double dip at either OLB or OG but Uzzi's value kills any OLB's value. Cornelius Washington can be a good 3-4 OLB but he's going 3rd-4th. Uzzi is an athletic guy great for ZBS and was a mauler in the run game. Then round 6 I'm not big on drafting a TE because I think we retain Keller and Cumberland plus have Smith, but if we can find an athlete it would be nice to take a chance on a guy like Otten. Then round 7 do whatever, NT insurance is always good.

This may change after free agency. I want to grab Cornelius Washington as a second pass rusher and QUessenberry as a RG/RT for us but that would require trades and/or passing up on other positions. So this is still a work in progress. But based on how the offseason could shape up, this positional blue print makes the most sense to me.

Last edited by jetsfan4life51 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it a lot... good job
sandwhich

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally another AJ Francis fan! I think he'll go in the 5th or 6th, though. If the Jets like him they should reach. Little bit of a developmental player but I love the way he plays.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
Finally another AJ Francis fan! I think he'll go in the 5th or 6th, though. If the Jets like him they should reach. Little bit of a developmental player but I love the way he plays.

I like him too. I feel like he could be a versitile player in our attacking 3-4 as he can probably play DE as well as NT.
Joe Willie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Otten would be available that late.
famousj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mock works for me but I doubt the 2 RBs mentioned makes it out of the 3rd round. A Revis trade would give us the picks to make the pick. I checked the forums for other teams.

The really popular players in the mocks are:

Jamie Collins
Stedman Bailey
Justin Hunter
Sio Moore

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
opinion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coach Weeks & others have been closely watching RIdge Wilson out of UWA. Talked with him at Troy Pro Day & request he show up for a 9.00 am Pro Day workout at Alabama with 4 other players.
At regional combine in Atlanta this Sunday.
Very talented player than can play all downs in a 3-4. Pro Day 40 time was a misprint, runs constantly around 4.6. Shows above average speed in the cone drills and has great flexion.
Signed with agent Bus Cook and is working out in Hattiesburg Ms. .
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opinion wrote:
Coach Weeks & others have been closely watching RIdge Wilson out of UWA. Talked with him at Troy Pro Day & request he show up for a 9.00 am Pro Day workout at Alabama with 4 other players.
At regional combine in Atlanta this Sunday.
Very talented player than can play all downs in a 3-4. Pro Day 40 time was a misprint, runs constantly around 4.6. Shows above average speed in the cone drills and has great flexion.
Signed with agent Bus Cook and is working out in Hattiesburg Ms. .

Ridge Wilson is a major headache. He got into trouble multiple times while at UK, culminating with being dismissed from the team for a MAJOR drug bust. In the class I had with him, he rarely showed up with the other football players. When he did he would either sleep or make jokes the whole time.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
opinion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the outside i see where you are coming from. The situation was not as it appears, trust me on this one.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

opinion wrote:
On the outside i see where you are coming from. The situation was not as it appears, trust me on this one.

Huh?

First, how are you on the inside with this situation? And second, I think I know more about the situation since I witnessed most of it first hand.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming we sign:
Slauson/Boothe
Butler/Barnes

1. Jarvis Jones
2. DeAndre Hopkins
3. Baccari Rambo
4. Christine Michael/Knile Davis
5. Ryan Otten
6. Omeregi Uzzi
7. Bruce Taylor
UDFA: Braden Wilson, Baker Steinkuhler or Kapron Lewis-Moore

Jones is a no brainer, or insert favorite OLB, because Butler and Barnes aren't premier guys yet, McIntyre is just a run guy and Sapp is who knows. OLB HAS to be the 1st pick too much talent. With Colon mauling at RG, signing a vet LG and having Ducasse and Schlauderaff in the system for a few years this becomes less of a need so we can take Hopkins to give [insert QB] another weapon. We lost both Safeties and while I like Bush and Allen a ton, do we have a true FS? Rambo could be a ball hawk and would be a higher pick if he wasn't an idiot. If he goes higher we always have Lester who I still like. Goodson and Powell have never carried the load. Plus Michael/Davis would be a bigger back to compliment them. Huge talents with obvious concerns but they get to practically sit a year. Good insurance if Powell walks next season. No idea if Otten falls that far but he's small. I'm not worried about Cumberland and Smith working together. A guy like Otten would be good to develop. Uzzi is a great fit for the line and can sit behind Colon. If Colon has a great year and earns a better contract then Uzzi can step in. Bruce Taylor reminds me a little of Ahmad Brooks and we need ILB talent so we take the flyer. Then we can easily hit a big DE like Steinkuhler or KLM in UDFA. Just need a solid run defender and we found DeVito late.

QB: Sanchez, Garrard, McElroy
RB: Powell, Goodson, Michael/Davis
FB: rookie I hope
WR: Holmes, Kerley
TE: Cumberland, Smith, Otten
LT: Ferguson
LG: FA, Schlauderaff
C: Mangold
RG: Colon, Ducasse
RT: Howard
WR: Hill, Hopkins, White

DE: Coples, Steinkuhler
NT: Ellis, Garay, Harrison
DE: Wilkerson
OLB: Jones, McIntyre
ILB: Harris, Bellore, Taylor
ILB: Davis, Mauga
OLB: FA, Sapp
CB: Revis, Lankster, Trufant
FS: Rambo, Bush
SS: Allen, FA?
CB: Cromartie, Wilson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one likes the updated version?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. I'm a little hesitant on Jones, beyond the medical, I've been hearing now he's not much of a weightroom guy, which is a red flag for me.

You can't argue his talent and athleticism, though. I just worry about his longevity.
Rich51

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

For a straight (no trades) 7 pick draft, I liked both versions. I'm just not sure why you switched Gillislee with Davis. I like all three but Gillislee is my favorite
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

For a straight (no trades) 7 pick draft, I liked both versions. I'm just not sure why you switched Gillislee with Davis. I like all three but Gillislee is my favorite

We signed Goodson, we could use a bigger back now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: