Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buccaneers sign RB LeGarrette Blount to a 1-year deal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Buccaneers sign RB LeGarrette Blount to a 1-year deal Reply with quote

Quote:
LeGarrette Blount's one-year deal is slightly more than the average of the low ($1.323M) & 2nd round ($2.023M) RFA tenders ($1.673M).

http://twitter.com/corryjoel/statuses/310404349719375874

Blount exploded as a rookie in 2010 as he rushed for 1,007 yards on 201 carries [5.0 average] and scored 6 touchdown but after an up and down 2011 season, Blount only received 41 carries for 151 yards in 2012.
Tom Brady Tribute
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently there is no guaranteed money in the deal.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/310405469858566145

Quote:
Bucs re-signed RFA RB LeGarette Blount a few days ago to a 1 yr, $1.75 M deal. No guaranteed money.

I didn't expect us to resign him, but with no guarantees I'm OK with it. There will definitely be an open competition behind Martin.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he will more than likley be traded. I like Blount and I feel like we could have a strong1-2 punch with him and Martin.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good.

I know I've been very critical of Blount but he was criminally underused last season. We could use him soaking up hits instead of Martin and wearing out some defenses behind Nicks and Joseph Twisted Evil
leadkills

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's just a security blanket for us until the draft, where we draft one and release him after the draft since there will be no cap hit.
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feed him the damn ball...he's still the same beast that gave us 1000 yards in almost half a season 2 yrs ago.

Love how people hopped on his bandwagon overnight and hopped off of it just as fast.

FEED HIM THE BALL
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't expect him to stick here very long.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Bucs are trying to trade LeGarrette Blount after re-signing him to a one-year, $1.75 million contract on Saturday.
La Canfora thinks Blount could bring the Bucs a mid-round pick, and "some have suggested a fifth-round pick." Blount doesn't have a role in Tampa Bay's offense, and that was blatantly clear last season. La Canfora mentions the Lions as a possible trade partner. Detroit is looking for a scat back, not another plodder. We could see maybe the Cowboys, Chargers, Rams, Titans, and Chiefs being interested.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21840884/bucs-agree-to-deal-with-blount-but-are-trying-to-trade-him

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Quote:

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Bucs are trying to trade LeGarrette Blount after re-signing him to a one-year, $1.75 million contract on Saturday.
La Canfora thinks Blount could bring the Bucs a mid-round pick, and "some have suggested a fifth-round pick." Blount doesn't have a role in Tampa Bay's offense, and that was blatantly clear last season. La Canfora mentions the Lions as a possible trade partner. Detroit is looking for a scat back, not another plodder. We could see maybe the Cowboys, Chargers, Rams, Titans, and Chiefs being interested.

Hey. I calls em as I sees em.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Good.

I know I've been very critical of Blount but he was criminally underused last season. We could use him soaking up hits instead of Martin and wearing out some defenses behind Nicks and Joseph Twisted Evil

more like criminally Overused. If he got one carry that's overused, can't stand to see us give him the ball anytime, it goes nowhere, every time. I would take any other running back, back there to take some carries away from Martin, we don't need Blount for that
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Quote:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21840884/bucs-agree-to-deal-with-blount-but-are-trying-to-trade-him

Just added the link to your post.

If we could actually get something for Blount I would be very happy.

eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
Feed him the damn ball...he's still the same beast that gave us 1000 yards in almost half a season 2 yrs ago.

Love how people hopped on his bandwagon overnight and hopped off of it just as fast.

FEED HIM THE BALL

I tried feeding him the ball, expect one problem, he's allergic to it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Pvsports9 wrote:

FEED HIM THE BALL

I tried feeding him the ball, expect one problem, he's allergic to it.

What do you mean...

5th round pick or better would be bonkers!!

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
5th round pick or better would be bonkers!!

It really would be. Dom has had some success in trading clunkers for cash, though.

2009: Traded TE Alex Smith to the Pats for a 5th rounder - he didn't make it past final cuts
2012: Traded DT Brian Price to Chicago and TE Kellen Winslow Jr. to the Seahawks for 7th rounders - neither made it past final cuts

Getting anything in return for Blount would be a steal, IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: