Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Russell with ESPN 980 said that the redskins loved DeAngelo Peterson, the TE they had signed to the practice squad. If Fred isn't back he said expect to see Cooley in camp competing with the three young tight ends. DeAngelo Peterson is also the reason Chris Russell has been saying he doesn't see the the Redskins drafting a tight end.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Chris Russell with ESPN 980 said that the redskins loved DeAngelo Peterson, the TE they had signed to the practice squad. If Fred isn't back he said expect to see Cooley in camp competing with the three young tight ends. DeAngelo Peterson is also the reason Chris Russell has been saying he doesn't see the the Redskins drafting a tight end.

Geez, he's not very fast, never been anything special-seems like camp fodder and now he's an overlooked gem. Forgive me if I'm not buying in .. Rolling Eyes
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980 6m
James Harrison situation got me curious today about long shot possible #Redskins interest. Source wouldn't confirm they do, didn't rule out.

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Geez, he's not very fast, never been anything special-seems like camp fodder and now he's an overlooked gem. Forgive me if I'm not buying in .. Rolling Eyes
since when does it matter if your fast or not being a tight end? (It's a luxury) Cooley was always slow, Heath Miller is slow, Logan Paulsen is slow, some of the best TEs in history were slow. Mike Ditka, etc, etc. The Giants won a Super Bowl with slow tight ends like Boss and Ballard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Quote:
James Harrison situation got me curious today about long shot possible #Redskins interest. Source wouldn't confirm they do, didn't rule out.
that would be awesome! Having a rotation of he, Orakpo, Kerrigan and Rob Jackson after his 4 game suspension would be straight up sick! Cool
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Quote:
that would be awesome! Having a rotation of he, Orakpo, Kerrigan and Rob Jackson after his 4 game suspension would be straight up sick! Cool

Work your Skins/Steelers fan magic, turtle.
We're counting on you.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Quote:

Work your Skins/Steelers fan magic, turtle.
We're counting on you.

I am not sure that turtle can have any magic on the salary cap and what he is asking.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic Fred Davis:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1579574-fred-davis-a-familiar-face-to-police-29-traffic-tickets-in-virginia-since-2008

Quote:
The majority of the tickets are for speeding—nine. He has also been cited for failure to pay tolls (five), operating a vehicle with improper window tinting (three), failure to stop/yield entering a highway, improper display of license plates and false identity of self to a law enforcement officer.

The one that bothers me the most is the last one.

As I said, chucklehead. Let the Bills have him.
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
On the topic Fred Davis:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1579574-fred-davis-a-familiar-face-to-police-29-traffic-tickets-in-virginia-since-2008

Quote:
The majority of the tickets are for speeding—nine. He has also been cited for failure to pay tolls (five), operating a vehicle with improper window tinting (three), failure to stop/yield entering a highway, improper display of license plates and false identity of self to a law enforcement officer.

sounds like hws cheap and doesnt wanna pay these bs tolls. Sounds like me in real life he shoulf be re-signed for sure.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

@AdamSchefter
Redskins TE Fred Davis dined last night in Washington with Bills HC Doug Marrone, GM Buddy Nix, Doug Whaley and other Bills officials.

This is the last straw for me. He's dining with the Bills in DC. Not going on a visit to buffalo but they are coming down to DC and taking him out. Bye, bye Smoke Dog Fred. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

2008= Worst draft class in the history on the Washington Redskins. Thanks For nothing Vinny! Twisted Evil
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
On the topic Fred Davis:

Quote:

yep. I can't defend the guy anymore. Hope enjoys snowy and cold buffalo and not making the playoffs while Rg3 leads us back there.
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what Woz brought up and the fact that the Bills had to fly here to dine with him means only one thing. He is just a bone head that I now believe does not deserve to be a Redskin.

He can go to Buffalo and play second fiddle to Scott Chandler. Or he can go to Cleveland and be targeted as much as the kicker is.

Either way, I think that article about Davis and the traffic tickets really just says irresponsible and he is lucky, damn lucky, he has not been arrested. If any one of us did anything like that, we would be arrested.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Well what Woz brought up and the fact that the Bills had to fly here to dine with him means only one thing. He is just a bone head that I now believe does not deserve to be a Redskin.

He can go to Buffalo and play second fiddle to Scott Chandler. Or he can go to Cleveland and be targeted as much as the kicker is.

Either way, I think that article about Davis and the traffic tickets really just says irresponsible and he is lucky, damn lucky, he has not been arrested. If any one of us did anything like that, we would be arrested.
defintiely! I know I'd be in jail, I have the worst luck known to man. Laughing
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Quote:

@AdamSchefter
Redskins TE Fred Davis dined last night in Washington with Bills HC Doug Marrone, GM Buddy Nix, Doug Whaley and other Bills officials.

This is the last straw for me. He's dining with the Bills in DC. Not going on a visit to buffalo but they are coming down to DC and taking him out. Bye, bye Smoke Dog Fred. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

2008= Worst draft class in the history on the Washington Redskins. Thanks For nothing Vinny! Twisted Evil

Really?
Last straw?

So what they came here to visit him and dine with him.
He's going to Buffalo tomorrow.

He's a FREE agent.
If the Skins valued him they would have signed him to a long-term deal prior to the end of his contract.

It's a business.
Fans shouldn't be mad at Fred Davis for seeking other options.
If they can pay him more?
Go for it.

It sucks and it's a letdown, but it won't hurt the Skins too bad...
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep our fault if he leaves. But if we want winfield we will cut or re-do contracts.

I want winfield bad and hoping we snatch danario alexander.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: