Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Free Agency Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Official Free Agency Thread Reply with quote

With the star of free agency to hit on Tuesday @4pm, there is already buzzing going around about Redskins players.

Let's keep all free agency talk in here fellas and discuss any player acqisituons and releases here.

Man I love the off-season.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read in the Washington Post this morning that CB DeAngelo Hall is likely to be released as the Redskins are currently about 3M over the cap and considering his cap hit is 8M, he is likely to be the first casualty of the salary cap.

The 10year vet said that he wanted to remain with the team if that meant he had to take a paycut but the Redskins have not pushed to rework his contract which will likely mean the release of the All Pro CB. The Redskins can resign Hall in free agency but it could be a gamble if another team offers him more money.

We'll see how this plays out on Tuesday.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted in the other fa thread that we're looking to sign Derek Cox,db from jacksonville.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5321/player?r=1

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some names already discussed

Brandon Myers TE
Kenny Phillips FS/SS
Eric Winston RT
Antoine Cason CB
Julian Edelman WR
Greg Toler CB

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:

Brandon Myers TE
Kenny Phillips FS/SS
Eric Winston RT
Antoine Cason CB
Julian Edelman WR
Greg Toler CB

-Brandon Myers would be cool if Fred cant get a deal done.
-Kenny Philips would be a mistake. We give Dr Andrews enough business
-Eric Winston would be a dream come true. He will be 2 expensive. Im not sure why I keep reading he was so bad in KC last year. He only gave up 3 sacks!!!
Im indifferent about the rest....They dont seem like upgrades to me!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
I posted in the other fa thread that we're looking to sign Derek Cox,db from jacksonville.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5321/player?r=1
yeah I saw that. I'd definitely take cutting Hall for Derek Cox

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:

Brandon Myers TE
Kenny Phillips FS/SS
Eric Winston RT
Antoine Cason CB
Julian Edelman WR
Greg Toler CB

-Eric Winston would be a dream come true. He will be 2 expensive. Im not sure why I keep reading he was so bad in KC last year. He only gave up 3 sacks!!!
if we lose moss. Signing a guy like Edleman or Josh Cribbs to be our slot wr and punt returner would be good signings.

Antoine Cason, Greg Toler and Derek Cox are more reliable in coverage than DHall. They don't have his flash and mouth, but they are better in coverage.

I'm with you about Kenny Phillips, he's never healthy so I want no part of that. I want Corey Lynch.

Signing Brandon Myers would give us a healthy TE, so we wouldn't have to worry about if Fred is healthy all offseason. We enough to worry about with Rg3, Helu, Carriker, Orakpo, Fletcher, Meriweather and Robinson in that category. Sad

Signing Eric Winston would be a dream. If we can sign him, seriously I wouldn't care whomelse we signed. I want Rg3 protected. 1st and foremost.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:

Brandon Myers TE
Kenny Phillips FS/SS
Eric Winston RT
Antoine Cason CB
Julian Edelman WR
Greg Toler CB

if we lose moss. Signing a guy like Edleman or Josh Cribbs to be our slot wr and punt returner would be good signings.

Antoine Cason, Greg Toler and Derek Cox are more reliable in coverage than DHall. They don't have his flash and mouth, but they are better in coverage.

I'm with you about Kenny Phillips, he's never healthy so I want no part of that. I want Corey Lynch.

Signing Brandon Myers would give us a healthy TE, so we wouldn't have to worry about if Fred is healthy all offseason. We enough to worry about with Rg3, Helu, Carriker, Orakpo, Fletcher, Meriweather and Robinson in that category. Sad

Signing Eric Winston would be a dream. If we can sign him, seriously I wouldn't care whomelse we signed. I want Rg3 protected. 1st and foremost.

I dont care what CB they bring in during FA. If they dont fix the FS problem, they will all suck.
Derek Cox would be a decent signing...IMO
Cason and Toler seem more like lateral moves to me. I would just assume pay Hall less money.......He is at least familiar with our system.
Edelman concerns me because he could just be a product of Tom Brady. To many of his recievers have gone to other teams and sucked!!
I would rather draft a slot reciever in the 5th like Ace Sanders or Conner Vernon and sped the money on more of a need!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I hear ya on Ace Sanders. I always forget about that guy, but he's a great player who's very versatile, quick and fast.

aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most exiting news to me, is this...

Quote:
"Manny_PPI: Again, just getting a taste of the market... But I can confirm that the #Redskins stuck their foot in the Danny Amendola water..."
--http://twitter.com/Manny_PPI/status/310411887525376000

This tells me, that I'm not so dumb in wanting a #1 or #2 type of WR to pair with Garcon.
That this would make us even more explosive.
...And that the front office is thinking this way as well.

Now whether we can afford him or any top WR is another matter.
Cutting Hall will give us 8M extra money, btw. (We would be about 5M under the cap I believe) Much more work to be done.

Be nice if we actually did something... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:

Quote:
"Manny_PPI: Again, just getting a taste of the market... But I can confirm that the #Redskins stuck their foot in the Danny Amendola water..."

This tells me, that I'm not so dumb in wanting a #1 or #2 type of WR to pair with Garcon.

Cutting Hall will give us 8M extra money, btw. (We would be about 5M under the cap I believe) Much more work to be done.

i still don't think we need a wr with his cost over a Rt, CB and FS upgrade though. It all depends on Danny's cost.

I guess what they could be thinking is they are cutting moss and going to use that $ to sign Amendola. That does make sense.

Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Postded last night we where close to getting philips and pashos.

Would love danny
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Postded last night we where close to getting philips and pashos.

Would love danny

Are you talking Kenny Phillips? (Giants)
That would be awesome!!!

I got to admit...I don't know much about this Pashos character.
Is he a RT?
Where was he playing...
Seriously..lol
I know nothing about this dude, other than I've "heard" of his name.
Is he any good?

(I could google him...but that would be cheating) Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
aceinthehouse wrote:

Quote:

i still don't think we need a wr with his cost over a Rt, CB and FS upgrade though. It all depends on Danny's cost.

I guess what they could be thinking is they are cutting moss and going to use that $ to sign Amendola. That does make sense.

Why in the world would we spend our precious little cap space on a WR? I feel like Im on glue when I read these posts! WE NEED A SECONDARY!!!
We dont have 1 FS on our roster. Our starting SS is going to miss OTAs and part of camp recovering from an ACL. We are getting ready to cut our starting CB. That leaves us with 3 CBs. 1 that is average...Wilson, 1 that is a 7th round pick with 4 games exp...Crawford, and 1 that has never played an NFL down comming off an ACL tear....Minnifield. It shocks me that you guys would considering spending what little FA money on a WR. We have a 38 year old ILB comming off 2 sugeries, and we are about to lose his backup. Our starting RT was one of the worst in the league, and hes a FA. You guys are wanting to sign a player to a position that we acctually dont have a hole at..............serioulsy?
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
aceinthehouse wrote:

Quote:

Why in the world would we spend our precious little cap space on a WR? I feel like Im on glue when I read these posts! WE NEED A SECONDARY!!!
We dont have 1 FS on our roster. Our starting SS is going to miss OTAs and part of camp recovering from an ACL. We are getting ready to cut our starting CB. That leaves us with 3 CBs. 1 that is average...Wilson, 1 that is a 7th round pick with 4 games exp...Crawford, and 1 that has never played an NFL down comming off an ACL tear....Minnifield. It shocks me that you guys would considering spending what little FA money on a WR. We have a 38 year old ILB comming off 2 sugeries, and we are about to lose his backup. Our starting RT was one of the worst in the league, and hes a FA. You guys are wanting to sign a player to a position that we acctually dont have a hole at..............serioulsy?

ill tell you why Marcus...

Because when Garcon comes out with foot injury and you can't put up 20 pts, no matter how hard you try.

You might want to consider getting an insurance policy on an additional #1/#2 type of WR, in case that happens again.

I agree we need secondary.

But when your top WR gets hurt and your offense falls off a cliff.
You have to address it.

Because lord knows neither Hankerson, Robinson or Morgan was doing anything except dropping passes when Garcon went out.

In fact the ONLY wr, that did ANYTHING without Garcon was Moss. (and we may cutting him...which I personally would NOT do, but I understand for cap purposes)

I don't know why many of you did not see this, but I did.

We will address secondary...
But do you want to rely on rookie Tavon Austin getting open as your #2, or Amendola?
We should know if anything with Malcolm Kelly and Taylor Jacobs and Devin Thomas, that if you want an immediate impact at WR....

Get one with experience 1st.
Then look in the draft for WR who COULD become great later on...
It takes them longer to develop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: