Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens telling WR Anquan Boldin to take pay-cut; Refuses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thing is such a slap in the fact to Boldin. I still can't believe it. You can argue the cap numbers all you want but this man should NOT be getting asked to take a pay-cut after the performance he just turned in.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
This whole thing is such a slap in the fact to Boldin. I still can't believe it. You can argue the cap numbers all you want but this man should NOT be getting asked to take a pay-cut after the performance he just turned in.

Why not? The Ravens shouldn't make sentimental decisions. If they don't feel like he can give them $7.5 million worth of production, why should they guilt trip themselves into paying the guy?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Why not? The Ravens shouldn't make sentimental decisions. If they don't feel like he can give them $7.5 million worth of production, why should they guilt trip themselves into paying the guy?

Because he very well can give them 7.5 million dollars worth of production, especially if Joe Flacco is worth 120 million dollars worth of production Rolling Eyes

wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

$6 million. The other $1.5 million is a sunk cost.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Because he very well can give them 7.5 million dollars worth of production, especially if Joe Flacco is worth 120 million dollars worth of production Rolling Eyes

This isn't about what other people feel he's worth. This is about what the Ravens feel he's worth. If they don't think he's worth that much, why shouldn't they ask him to take a pay cut?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

You are comparing 1 year of Qs contract to 6 years of Joe's. Joe's number for 2013 is lower than Anquan's.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

This isn't about what other people feel he's worth. This is about what the Ravens feel he's worth. If they don't think he's worth that much, why shouldn't they ask him to take a pay cut?

Because quite simply he is worth that much, which is why this is such an outrageous thing to ask, regardless of whether they "think" it's justified or not.

However, if your cap situation is SO tight that you're asking one of your 3 best offensive players to take a pay-cut after he just had one of the best playoff runs by a WR I can remember, you need to think about how you're negotiating your cap situation.

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

You are comparing 1 year of Qs contract to 6 years of Joe's. Joe's number for 2013 is lower than Anquan's.

I've seen the breakdown, I know Joe's numbers are lower than his for this year, but that doesn't mean Joe's contract doesn't play a factor at all.

Either way, like I said, if you're having to ask one of your best players on offense to take a pay-cut because of cap room, you're doing something wrong.

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you know then dont make ignorant posts like one of the gazillion idiots in NFL News who don't.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Well if you know then dont make ignorant posts like one of the gazillion idiots in NFL News who don't.

The only ignorance that's going on here are the Ravens for thinking they're making a good decision by asking Boldin to take a pay cut.

I'm sorry if I wasn't more clear in my message: If the Ravens don't feel Boldin is worth his contract, I can't imagine WHY they feel Joe Flacco is worth his. That's my message.

wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I've seen the breakdown, I know Joe's numbers are lower than his for this year, but that doesn't mean Joe's contract doesn't play a factor at all.

Either way, like I said, if you're having to ask one of your best players on offense to take a pay-cut because of cap room, you're doing something wrong.

No, you're doing something right, by getting all that talent to pay.

That said, I do think Boldin is worth the $6 million we'd save by cutting him, but people are spinning this all wrong.

The Ravens are choosing Ellerbe/Reed/Unknown Player over Anquan Boldin. It's nothing more or less than that.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only logical choice in that 3 player scenario is Ellerbe. Ed Reed has 1 more year or so left in him, and even at that he's not even half of what he used to be. The unknown player is obviously unknown so, yeah...

Either way, we know what we are getting with Boldin. He can still play, he's got a lot left, and he's coming off his best postseaon run EVER, in which he was arguably the MVP of, and we are asking him to take a paycut...I understand "this is is a business", but that's just ridiculous. Ask someone else who ISN'T playing up to their contract (Ray Rice, I'm looking at YOU!) to take a pay cut, not Anquan Boldin.

GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
The only ignorance that's going on here are the Ravens for thinking they're making a good decision by asking Boldin to take a pay cut.

When Ozzie Newsome gets doubted, things generally end poorly for the doubter.

What should we be doing/have done to clear cap space instead of cutting Boldin?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Asking others to take paycuts.

GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Asking others to take paycuts.

And what if they say no? Do you cut them? Who are these players and what would cutting them do to our cap?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: