Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This is who the next Browns kicker should be!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruceb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And he can punt, too!
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
buno67 wrote:
FLAbrownfan wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
My question is, if he's really as good as this video implies, then why didn't the Jets pick him up after they worked him out? The Browns aren't the first team to kick the tires on him... I'm with Buno on this. If doing stunts made someone an amazing professional player, why aren't the Harlem Globe Trotters playing in the NBA?

I dont know much about him- Cool video but I think he should have tried going to school instead of straight to pro's - Pressure kicking in front of thousands is alot harder then making trick shots for a camera - how many times did he try each kick?? too much to question I hope this is not our answer for letting Phil Drill go

yeah I want to know how many possible scholarship offers he got?

I could care less if he received scholarship offers or went to college. All I care about is whether or not he can kick field goals.... If so, sign him.

so what he can kick field goals with his buddy taping him...having no idea how long it took him or how many takes.

Rookie kickers can struggle in the NFL and a majority of them have been kicking in big games since HS. We want to sign a kicker who has never kicked in a big moment?

do you seriously trust this game to kick the game winning FG in DEC vs the Bengals?

Browns just might go from the most clutch kicker to the least clutch kicker if they sign this Kickalicious bullcrap kicker

I don't know.

There is quite a bit of lulz in having a kicker called Kickalicious!

@Dropkick - I'm not saying he cant be good because he didn't get a scholarship- What I'm saying is I would like to see him kick under pressure before going straight pro.

That said I went through some articles about him and he is 28 so I see why he is trying to get paid. Dude has a leg and talent- if we sign him and feel he can be a guy for us then I'll cheer for him - his warm-ups would fun to watch atleast Laughing

and the lulz- come on it would be worth it for that factor alone!

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
buno67

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres a trick shot kicker for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0UxZ7A8QNA

Kevin Harper, a real kicker, who was the kicker for Pitt. Home boy too! Went to Mentor High School/

remember him kicking a game winner vs Glennville in the playoffs.
Kicked in high pressure situations in HS and College.

Also he is use to kicking in game with unpredictable and bad playing surface playing in Heinz field. Tied the record for longest made FG in Heinz field history. Made a 61yarder in HS too

Now I would love to see the Browns give him a workout!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think someone mentioned this already. Here's some corroboration of the sound thought:

"Husted said the ideal situation would be for Rugland to be signed by a team and then have minicamps, training camp and exhibition games to see how he adjusts and acclimates to the NFL. An alternative would be for a team to recognize his potential and sign him to the practice squad where he could learn for a year."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/03/kickalicious_looking_to_go_fro.html
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ey how about we just draft caleb sturges or dustin hopkins
bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Boring...no lulz
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Boring...no lulz

exactly!

C'mon, it's Cleveland! Kickalicious is our destiny!

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather draft one who has actually kicked in a big situation thats not youtube
bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Boring...no lulz

exactly!

C'mon, it's Cleveland! Kickalicious is our destiny!

His legend could pick up where Kaluka Maiava's was left off!
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Kickalicious was six years old, he kicked a boulder. It disappeared out of sight, almost immediately. It came back into sight later that night. We now know this boulder as the moon.

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
buno67

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather take substance (Harper) over style (kickalicous)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My issue is that people here don't know if he has more substance because all people know is that video. They are making rash and negative judgements without all the facts.

I'm glad the browns brought him in. Let them get a good look at him, and see what he can do, and then go from from there.....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
My issue is that people here don't know if he has more substance because all people know is that video. They are making rash and negative judgements without all the facts.

I'm glad the browns brought him in. Let them get a good look at him, and see what he can do, and then go from from there.....

the guy has never played a single football game!!!

you honestly think he could come in, kick for a couple months and be ready to kick a game winning situation. I feel like he would freeze up and choke having to kick a game winner in Pitt, Balt, or Cincy.

Im sorry, I say Harper from Pitt is more impressive than Harvard Rugland and has massive amounts of experience of kicking the football during a football game.

Rugland has no experience from kickin being hide a line with a holder and having a rush coming towards him

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

you honestly think he could come in, kick for a couple months and be ready to kick a game winning situation. I feel like he would freeze up and choke having to kick a game winner in Pitt, Balt, or Cincy.

Im sorry, I say Harper from Pitt is more impressive than Harvard Rugland and has massive amounts of experience of kicking the football during a football game.

Rugland has no experience from kickin being hide a line with a holder and having a rush coming towards him

Why do you care? If he can make a field goal than that's good enough for me.

I have no idea why you are so against bringing the guy to look at him and see what he can do. It's not as if the browns are only going to look at only ONE kicker.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Why do you care? If he can make a field goal than that's good enough for me.

I have no idea why you are so against bringing the guy to look at him and see what he can do. It's not as if the browns are only going to look at only ONE kicker.

Im glad that the browns are looking for talent everywhere- some one said he has been working for that past year with a former pro so Im sure the front offices have seen more then his youtube video before giving him a shot.

I too will be a bit uneasy with trusting a guy that never kicked in a game before- but if we do sign him, then I will cheer for him, and will be looking forward to his first game winner for us!!!

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: