Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NYG Free Agency Rumblings/Thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this on Rotoworld

Quote:
The Newark Star-Ledger reports the Giants have expressed interest in free agent LB Justin Durant.
New York is intent on overhauling its linebacker corps. In addition to Durant, they've shown interest in free agents Rey Maualuga and Jasper Brinkley. Durant played strong-side 'backer in Detroit for the past two seasons. If signed, Mathias Kiwanuka could move back down to defensive end.

Well, we resigned Keith Rivers, which means we still need LBs. Brinkley doesn't seem like much of an upgrade to me over Chase. Durant or Dansby would be a clear upgrade, as long as we can get a Cullen Jenkins-like contract.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen interested in justin durant. He would be the best option to sign he's relatively young and let's us move Kiwi back to end. Also the signing of Ryan mundy should be expected today. I like the signing but then he's being bought in to replace KP sooooo lol. I want delmas bad he would come cheap idk why they won't give him a look.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
Gmen interested in justin durant. He would be the best option to sign he's relatively young and let's us move Kiwi back to end. Also the signing of Ryan mundy should be expected today. I like the signing but then he's being bought in to replace KP sooooo lol. I want delmas bad he would come cheap idk why they won't give him a look.

Ryan Mundy cannot and will not replace KP. Mundy is not a fraction of the player that KP is. He'll be lucky to be the 4th safety on this team.

Still a believer in #22
In Reese We Trust
mlv

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:

Ryan Mundy cannot and will not replace KP. Mundy is not a fraction of the player that KP is. He'll be lucky to be the 4th safety on this team.

I asked about Mundy in the Steelers' forum, because the few times I've seen him on D, he's been out of position. They basically said he was like their CC Brown.

Why the hell did Reese feel the need to sign a guy like this on Day 3 of free agency when Phillips and Boothe are still unresolved? This is a guy that gets signed in June as a camp body.
Acgott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles signed Kenny Phillips
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the Giants want to restructure Diehl's contract as well. God ... losing Kenny and Boothe, only to keep Webster and Diehl. Depressing man
Acgott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan_Prime wrote:
Looks like the Giants want to restructure Diehl's contract as well. God ... losing Kenny and Boothe, only to keep Webster and Diehl. Depressing man

Giants did not want KP. KP did not want Giants
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rumored Blackburn replacement:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/5373/Jasper-Brinkley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
The rumored Blackburn replacement:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/5373/Jasper-Brinkley

Along with malauga, dansby, and durant.
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I hope we have enough money to sign cruz. I mean we are scraping at the bottom of the barrel, and if we just extend Eli's contract we can have the money to extend cruz. I just don't know why we decided to restructure Diehl. We should have cut him and no one would have signed him for more than vet min. Mad
ESKY008

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Maualaga would be a very handy pick. Including Kiwi we have 5 LBs on the roster. He will be cheap prob 1 year deal. Just a 2 down player who has played SLB as well. Worst case scenario he is a back up MLB/SLB. Best case scenario Kavika Mitchell. I'm all for it. Just hoping he is in the 240s pound as 260 is too heavy for him.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brinkley inks with Arizona
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
Brinkley inks with Arizona

Oh thank god. No go sign Dansby Reese, it may take the sting out of Phillips leaving us ... Crying or Very sad
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here is what I'm hoping for the rest of the offseason by position. Will have to do a mock offseason.

QB- Extend Eli-te and resign a backup (David Carr, I guess?)

RB- Get a 3rd RB, a Wind to Wilson's Fire and Brown's Earth. There isn't much on the FA market so maybe a 4th-6th Round Pick. With a draft that isn't top heavy at RB but deep, a quality backup should fall.

WR- Other than resigning Cruz, get some backups. If DHB is too expensive (we are very limited cap wise), maybe resign Hixon, go after a Kevin Walter type. Draft or sign a UDFA to handle KR.

TE- Sign a cheaper vet. Ben Watson would be a great fit for us.

OL- Resign Boothe and maybe draft an early and late round OL. Look at Geoff Schwartz, Will Svitek, or the two Jets OG on the cheap. Maybe bring back Locklear and put him on the PUP as a mid-season injury replacement.

DL- Draft a UT type and use a very early pick on a DE to fill out our DL that will at least include Joseph, Jenkins, JPP, Tuck and Kiwi. Vance Walker as a FA?

LB- Sign a FA like Dansby, Nick Barnett, Brad Jones, and/or Durant as cheap as possible. Bring back Chase for depth and ST. Draft a mid-rnd LB like Gerald Hodges.

S- Draft a mid-rnd S and/or pick up another for depth. Gerald Sensbaugh from the Cowboys could come cheap and is decent. As might Michael Huff.

CB- Draft one around Rnd 2-3 that fits our scheme. Look at a vet for cheap that may want a chance at a ring. Antoine Winfield would be perfect, but Chris Owens and Captain Munnerlyn bring versatility, ST experience, and quality depth as well. Mike Jenkins, even on a prove-it contract might be out of our price range.

Even though we have restructured Webster, guys like him and Diehl still carry the same cap penalty number, so they can technically be cut just as easily then or now. Maybe after June 1?

Thoughts?

I'm hoping as prices start to come down, JR can get some bargains.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis murphy coming in for a visit. I don't know why but whatever. Dustin kellers agent is reaching out to us as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: