Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency 2013......
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Davis is coming off that Achilles injury and those can be quite serious. I would expect him to sign a one year prove it deal, much like what Keller did. Don't know if he will get as much as Keller, simply because his injury is more severe. Wouldn't mind adding him for the right price, since we need TE help.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
RollTide99

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to pick up some combination of Kolb, Huff, Davis, and DHB.

JMG on the sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they work on their catching, imagine how deadly it would be to have DHB & Hill on the outside. Db's wouldn't be able to gamble.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
If they work on their catching, imagine how deadly it would be to have DHB & Hill on the outside. Db's wouldn't be able to gamble.

They would be a very fast duo but unfortunately like you said catching is 1/3 the battle the other 1/3 is the delivery which we do not have.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

They would be a very fast duo but unfortunately like you said catching is 1/3 the battle the other 1/3 is the delivery which we do not have.

Yeah but they could help clear out the deep safety for crossing patterns for Holmes/Kerley
K-Ro 25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

DHB is a possession WR, oddly enough. He can't locate a deep ball.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-Ro 25 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

DHB is a possession WR, oddly enough. He can't locate a deep ball.

I'm going by their speed. Both ran low 4.3's .

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
green24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@TyDunne: #Packers decision to keep Finley in 2013 affects other teams as well. Was hearing that the New York Jets were interested.
JMG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Quote:
@TyDunne: #Packers decision to keep Finley in 2013 affects other teams as well. Was hearing that the New York Jets were interested.
Thank god.

He's so overrated and he's not as good as his price tag would be. Not to mention he's a head case.

[]_[] Family
jetskid007

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Yeah, Davis is coming off that Achilles injury and those can be quite serious. I would expect him to sign a one year prove it deal, much like what Keller did. Don't know if he will get as much as Keller, simply because his injury is more severe. Wouldn't mind adding him for the right price, since we need TE help.

I have a feeling he'd be the perfect player to give a LaRon Landry-type deal. If they can sign Davis to a similar deal without that "no franchise tag" clause, I'd be very happy
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

I have a feeling he'd be the perfect player to give a LaRon Landry-type deal. If they can sign Davis to a similar deal without that "no franchise tag" clause, I'd be very happy

Me too. When healthy he's a great weapon at TE. Similar to Keller in that both are good recievers but not so much at blocking. If we didn't match Miami's 4.5 mil one year deal for Keller, I don't see us giving that much to Davis though.

green24

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

Me too. When healthy he's a great weapon at TE. Similar to Keller in that both are good recievers but not so much at blocking. If we didn't match Miami's 4.5 mil one year deal for Keller, I don't see us giving that much to Davis though.

We did match the offer for Keller, but he chose Miami over us.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

Really, where was that reported? I didn't hear that.

green24

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

Really, where was that reported? I didn't hear that.

Omar Kelly wrote:
Dustin Keller said he picked the Dolphins over the Jets. Once "I visited it made the decision easy."
jetskid007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BrianHPFC ‏@PFCentral 42m
Jets will host Fred Davis after his visit with Bills

Let's hope he leaves Buffalo Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 41 of 53

Jump to: