Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency 2013......
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
Rotoworld-
Quote:
Free agent OLB Victor Butler will visit the Saints on Thursday.
It has already been reported that the Saints are high on Butler's wish list, and Butler has experience playing under DC Rob Ryan the last two seasons. New Orleans already has Martez Wilson, Junior Galette, and Will Smith as edge rushers, but you can never have enough of them. Beat writer Larry Holder adds that "mutual interest is high," and he would be "surprised" if Butler isn't signed.

sucks

Not a done deal yet. Plus we have Sapp and we have a rookie to draft. Barnes will be pretty decent.

Mack on the Sig
sandwhich

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Heyward-Bey is worth a serious look. He should come cheap because teams are still concerned about his durability. Gibson signed a 3-year deal just under 10 mill (3.3 per year). I can see Hey-Bey getting a deal somewhat like Landry's last off-season: 1 year deal worth between 2-3 mil to try and prove he's still got a career.

Other than him and Slauson (who they should definitely try to retain) I think they should put the brakes on. As far as Kolb goes, he would be a good signing but I fear too many hands on the football isn't going to be helpful in the grand scheme of things.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
I think Heyward-Bey is worth a serious look. He should come cheap because teams are still concerned about his durability. Gibson signed a 3-year deal just under 10 mill (3.3 per year). I can see Hey-Bey getting a deal somewhat like Landry's last off-season: 1 year deal worth between 2-3 mil to try and prove he's still got a career.

Other than him and Slauson (who they should definitely try to retain) I think they should put the brakes on. As far as Kolb goes, he would be a good signing but I fear too many hands on the football isn't going to be helpful in the grand scheme of things.

What about a safety? If the season started today Antonio Allen and Josh Bush would be our starters. I think both have upside, but we need to get a veteran in the mix as well as a decent draft pick.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only for the right price. There's nobody out there at safety that is a bargain and could play at a good level. I think it's almost a guarantee we draft a safety somewhere in this draft. whether is Vaccaro in the 1st or elsewhere. I don't think you need to have many reservations about playing a rookie safety if he's talented enough. Especially if they were in Landry's role, where their assignments seem vague and your job is to just play your instincts.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:

What about a safety? If the season started today Antonio Allen and Josh Bush would be our starters. I think both have upside, but we need to get a veteran in the mix as well as a decent draft pick.

we should seriously bring back Jim Leonhard he showed last year he was over his injury and while hes not a great safety he is definitely very smart and can help our young safeties(Allen Bush and a rookie)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butler left the Saints without a contract, and it is mentioned that he drew strong interest from the Jets. Lefts scoop this kid up.
green24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RavensInsider

Defensive end ropati pitoitua visited his old team on friday meeting with the new york jets
jetskid007

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Defensive end ropati pitoitua visited his old team on friday meeting with the new york jets

This would be a nice depth signing
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Quote:
@RavensInsider

Ropati!!
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Redskins free-agent TE Fred Davis is scheduled to visit Bills on Wednesday. Jets and Redskins also interested.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred Davis would be great!

I really hope we sign a safety soon, D.Landry is the only one I think we have shown interest in.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWan Landry, Fred Davis, and Kolb and we might not be too terrible. I wouldnt mind Heyward-Bey either but I really dont think we have the money for all of that.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
imaiden6669

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think there is interest in Davis but with the way Idzik has been doing business he prefers to sing guys that wont cost us to lose Comp picks so i would be looking for the guys like Kevin Boss and Todd Heap and cut/waived players like that

i think there def targeting a TE in the draft somewhere

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
DaWan Landry, Fred Davis, and Kolb and we might not be too terrible. I wouldnt mind Heyward-Bey either but I really dont think we have the money for all of that.
Couldn't agree more. Realistically, I think we have about 9-10 mil worth of cap space left to spend on FA's (number includes estimated rookie contracts). I think Dawan could prob be had on a one year deal for about 2 mil, Davis probably about the same considering he's coming off major injury. Question becomes what does Kolb want?
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imaiden6669 wrote:
i think there is interest in Davis but with the way Idzik has been doing business he prefers to sing guys that wont cost us to lose Comp picks so i would be looking for the guys like Kevin Boss and Todd Heap and cut/waived players like that

i think there def targeting a TE in the draft somewhere
Considering how cheap he should come, he prob wouldn't cost us one less comp pick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 40 of 53

Jump to: