Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FA DB's
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drfrey13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: FA DB's Reply with quote

With the cuts today are any of these DBs capable of contributing at a reasonable price or are we stuck with vet minimums and rookies?
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: FA DB's Reply with quote

drfrey13 wrote:
With the cuts today are any of these DBs capable of contributing at a reasonable price or are we stuck with vet minimums and rookies?

I personally feel we should address other areas of the defense first. Our CBs will work if they're not asked to do a lot. They showed promise as the season progressed. Getting some good pass rushers will only make them better.

PM sig requests.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt mind looking at Chris Gamble, depending on the price.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a good thing we signed Branch long term to a bad contract. Safeties are in short supply this year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its a good thing we signed Branch long term to a bad contract. Safeties are in short supply this year.

Your sarcasm is genius. I think it's sarcasm as this draft is LOADED at safety. I mean he's a safety. . . a strong safety at that. I can't even name 7 starting SSs and I'm bananas about the NFL.
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cap is going to be worked out.

Tracy Porter and Jarraud Powers are two of my personal favorites. I don't think we need an amazing CB to bring this team back to legitimacy. However, Dee Milliner is pro ready and would provide an average services at the positon over his rookie year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
The cap is going to be worked out.

Tracy Porter and Jarraud Powers are two of my personal favorites. I don't think we need an amazing CB to bring this team back to legitimacy. However, Dee Milliner is pro ready and would provide an average services at the positon over his rookie year.

Ugh, I am a major proponent of the "Elite CBs are overrated, what we need is an elite pass rush" theory, but once in a while the idea that we should take Milliner sneaks into my head for a little bit. Like, what is better- a hit or miss DE or a legitimate CB? IDK, if any of the DEs were as good a prospect as Milliner is, then I would say DE easily, but they arent. Then again, a CB's impact can be somewhat limited, especially on a team with no pass rush. It would be nice to have a potentially elite CB if Allen and Tarver use him correctly (which I am confident they would). This damn draft has been toying with my emotions for months. At this point I think I would be happy with Milliner, Joekel, Fisher, Warmack, Ansah, Jordan, or maybe even Smith if we dont trade down.

P.S. dont hate me JTagg, I swear I still fight for the pass rush > CB team, I'm just having a moment of weakness Laughing

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Tacos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Branch's contract and hope Reggie worked some kind of magic in it but he's not bad and will hopefully show improvement next season.

Good FA to grab an average corner for a low price, I would only grab one though and let someone on our squad hopefully step up.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great topic. But not just because of today's cuts. The cut's today are just another part of the market being flooded with DB's.

If you look at most people's "top 50 free agent" list, you'll find a guaranteed 10+ DB's, and that was before today's cuts.

CB's:
Greg Toler
Sean Smith
Antoine Cason
Quinten Jammer
Chris Houston
Sheldon Brown
Brent Grimes
Rodgers-Cromartie
Chris Gamble
Keenan Lewis
Aqib Talib
Aaron Ross
DeAngelo Hall is supposed to be released, Philly bloggers saying Nnamdi will be cut, Revis will be traded...

Safety's:
Kenny Phillips
Dashon Goldston
William Moore
Ed Reed
Adrian Wilson
Dawan Landry
Chris Clemens
Glover Quin

Then add on top of all these mediocre players that may provide stop gaps for a year. This years Free Agent class is loaded with defensive players, especially in the backfield. A great time for Reggie to clear up some more cap space and get some good deals while there is a buyers market.

What's interesting to me is that a lot of these guys were cut because of gawdy salaries. Clearly teams across the league are setting a trend that they will not pay top dollar for elite (or supposed/potential elite) CB's.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Last edited by NickButera on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Your sarcasm is genius. I think it's sarcasm as this draft is LOADED at safety. I mean he's a safety. . . a strong safety at that. I can't even name 7 starting SSs and I'm bananas about the NFL.

Its more about value than anything. Side note: I really want Rambo.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Cox but the way the Jags are getting rid of their other CB's I am sure they are going to make a big run at him.

Bradley Fletcher and Tracy Porter make sense for various reasons.
3 MILE LYLE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that a good dl can make up for bad dbs but they make it look so pretty though.

Heard the bills are trying to keep Leodis, I hope they don't and we can make a run at him.
drfrey13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is our D going to emphasize the front seven or are quality dbs needed. I could be wrong but I was under the impression that this system would focus on a dominant front seven. On a side note my only wish this off-season is that we finally get a true run stuffer in the middle. I do not care if it is a rookie vet or is only a 2 down lineman. I want to run the other team over with the PBS and not see another game like the Tampa game this year.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think Tracy Porter is going to be brought in. Pretty sure there were reports of us pursuing him last year and obviously had his best year under Allen. He'll come cheap, too.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: FA DB's Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
drfrey13 wrote:

I personally feel we should address other areas of the defense first. Our CBs will work if they're not asked to do a lot. They showed promise as the season progressed. Getting some good pass rushers will only make them better.

Everything starts at the lines both O and D.
For years the Raiders have wasted draft picks on DBs without getting the results they wanted that's because they were lacking a pass rush.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: