Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Oops. They already signed him. 2 years, 13 mill.

6.5M a year for a complete chump

Well, the Bills have to be the Bills. I think they're still in play to draft Geno, but not in a trade-up scenario.

I'd rather have no QB than have Kolb for 13M over 2 years. They should still be thinking trade-up for Geno

The 13M is supposed to be if he hits a bunch of incentives. Speculation is that it is 3-4M annually. Anyway, it's a 2 year deal...perfect for allowing a rookie time to take the reins. And the option was we start T-Jax, who absolutely cannot throw to the left side of the field, so...

Anyway, we will not be trading up in this draft...we only have 6 picks and GM Nix prefers to accumulate picks, not give them away. We still will select a QB in the 1st or 2nd for the future and that QB will need to fit into a WCO.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Well, the Bills have to be the Bills. I think they're still in play to draft Geno, but not in a trade-up scenario.

I'd rather have no QB than have Kolb for 13M over 2 years. They should still be thinking trade-up for Geno

The 13M is supposed to be if he hits a bunch of incentives. Speculation is that it is 3-4M annually. Anyway, it's a 2 year deal...perfect for allowing a rookie time to take the reins. And the option was we start T-Jax, who absolutely cannot throw to the left side of the field, so...

Anyway, we will not be trading up in this draft...we only have 6 picks and GM Nix prefers to accumulate picks, not give them away. We still will select a QB in the 1st or 2nd for the future and that QB will need to fit into a WCO.

Barkley at 8 is my guess.

Credit to IPwn for da sig
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad meets Evil wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Barkley at 8 is my guess.

Mine too, though a lot of Bills fans are hoping that our QB selection comes in the 2nd round. I just don't think we can afford to risk not getting our guy. That's like playing Russian roulette for our GM, Buddy Nix, who is likely struggling to keep his job right now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Nassib still makes tons sense to me for Buffalo.

Getting Kolb is the sort of placeholder you bring in if you're targeting a 'developmental' guy who may or may not be ready to start in his first or second year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN wrote:
Jacksonville Jaguars

Key additions: DT Roy Miller, C Brad Meester (re-signed), RB Justin Forsett, LB Geno Hayes
Key losses: DT Terrance Knighton, WR Laurent Robinson, FB Greg Jones, CB Aaron Ross

Analysis: The Jaguars rival the Raiders for having the worst roster in the NFL. They too will build through the draft, which will not yield results overnight. However, they still have an awful lot of money to spend if they chose to do so, which could lead to many value signings between now and when the season opens. In the meantime, Miller will replace the departed Knighton, which is more or less a lateral move, and Forsett could establish himself as Maurice Jones-Drew's top backup. Other than that, Jacksonville has done very little of note, but the Jaguars did release Robinson and Ross, as well as most likely losing Dawan Landry. Those three are all very replaceable, but will the Jaguars step up and make some prudent moves to help in the short term as well as fortify the roster for the long haul?

Grade: D

ESPN's grade of our offseason thus far. Laughing

Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Nassib still makes tons sense to me for Buffalo.

Getting Kolb is the sort of placeholder you bring in if you're targeting a 'developmental' guy who may or may not be ready to start in his first or second year.

Nassib obviously would be familiar to the staff, but Syracuse isn't exactly able to recruit the creme of the crop talent. Surely the staff knows that, so I don't think Nassib is as high on the list as some have been reporting.

As for the 2nd part, pretty much. I'd agree more if Kolb could stay healthy, but he's never played more than 9 games in any season. However, I do expect him to start the 1st half of the season while the rookie learns the ropes. Again, I like the signing as an efficient use of $$$ and the roster spot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next year's 5th round pick plus a conditional pick in 2015 for Flynn. We didn't make that deal, after Bradley saying how much he likes Flynn?

#GenoIsComing

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Next year's 5th round pick plus a conditional pick in 2015 for Flynn. We didn't make that deal, after Bradley saying how much he likes Flynn?

#GenoIsComing

And didn't we get a 2014 5th for Mikey T?

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
iPwn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
iPwn wrote:

#GenoIsComing

I believe so. There was no reason to not make that deal with how cheap compensation and pay is for Flynn unless we had other plans. That is really cheap.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
corry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
iPwn wrote:

#GenoIsComing

I think it was a 4th.

Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

#GenoIsComing

Kind of hard to argue with this logic. Young staff too, so they can easily shrug off any criticism about taking him too early. I would not be upset if this works out for you guys!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt McCoy to San Fran for late rounder

#GenoIsComing

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sen'Derrick Marks is visiting.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
DjBuddaH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
ESPN wrote:
Jacksonville Jaguars

Key additions: DT Roy Miller, C Brad Meester (re-signed), RB Justin Forsett, LB Geno Hayes
Key losses: DT Terrance Knighton, WR Laurent Robinson, FB Greg Jones, CB Aaron Ross

Analysis: The Jaguars rival the Raiders for having the worst roster in the NFL. They too will build through the draft, which will not yield results overnight. However, they still have an awful lot of money to spend if they chose to do so, which could lead to many value signings between now and when the season opens. In the meantime, Miller will replace the departed Knighton, which is more or less a lateral move, and Forsett could establish himself as Maurice Jones-Drew's top backup. Other than that, Jacksonville has done very little of note, but the Jaguars did release Robinson and Ross, as well as most likely losing Dawan Landry. Those three are all very replaceable, but will the Jaguars step up and make some prudent moves to help in the short term as well as fortify the roster for the long haul?

Grade: D

ESPN's grade of our offseason thus far. Laughing

Agreed, although we're apparently holding onto some money to carry over to next year. My guess is to see what building blocks we'll get this year in the draft and build accordingly. But with the 2nd pick in the draft I'd assume we already know what player will be our building block. May be waiting til after the draft to see what other teams do and pick up some pieces that will come with a low price tag. Draft can't get here soon enough.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the Clots

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

Jump to: