Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Abraham To Visit SF After Seattle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: John Abraham To Visit SF After Seattle Reply with quote

Quote:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows
49ers showed interest during season... RT @MikeGarafolo When John Abraham is done visiting SEA, he'll visit #49ers: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/niners/2013/03/08/john-abraham-scheduled-visit-san-francisco-49ers-seattle-seahawks-atlanta-falcons/1974017/ … …

https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/310117102080122881

Quote:
Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff
Nearly 1/4 of Atlanta's pressures last year came from Abraham. Our 5th ranked 4-3 DE, and 6th best 4-3 DE in Pass Rush Prod. Rating. #49ers

Interesting, would he want to play in a 3-4 scheme? Stud pass rusher even at this age, but I think Seattle will be the place he ends up at.

Last edited by J-ALL-DAY on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: John Abraham To Visit SF After Seattle Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows
49ers showed interest during season... RT @MikeGarafolo When John Abraham is done visiting SEA, he'll visit #49ers: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/niners/2013/03/08/john-abraham-scheduled-visit-san-francisco-49ers-seattle-seahawks-atlanta-falcons/1974017/ … …

https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/310117102080122881

Interesting, would he want to play in a 3-4 scheme? Stud pass rusher even at this age, but I think Seattle will be the place he ends up at.

He has a chance to start elsewhere. I think scheduling a visit with us is just an attempt to leverage Seattle into giving him more.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kind of feels like the Brandon Lloyd visit from last year....it makes a little sense, but at the same time, I don't think anyone would think we are signing and that this visit is more or less for ulterior motives.

Cullen Jenkins makes sense, not so sure about Abraham, though I'd love to have him as a rotational and situational pass rusher. Guy just knows how to get to the qb

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much will come from this. He'll go to a 4-3 team

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
cali-2-ky-niner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether he comes or not he would be a good fit for both. We had games where ICE only played a handful of snaps bc teams ran 3+ wr sets all game and Sop is our STARTING NT. we kill the run in the reg so we end up in a nickel all game. Chances are he goes elsewhere but I would love to have Abraham.

NO MORE EXCUSES!

GET ERR DONE!!!!!!!!!!!
miner49er

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about we just bring back Takeo Smile

Thank You to GridironGreat09 for the sweet sig!
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miner49er wrote:

Veterans minimum, if Grant leaves... I don't know. He might go elsewhere. I don't recall him being very happy about being cut by the new regime.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miner49er wrote:

No way. We've got a good thing going and are potential super bowl winners. Everyone knows you put takeo on your team your season instantly goes into the crapper and you're drafting in the top 12 Laughing

49ersfan2152

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love to have him on the cheap but think its a leverage move an he ends up in Seattle or some were else. I badly want Seymour who makes so so much sense for us. He lives in the area already an has been playing across the bay for a phew years, he likes the west coast an wants to play for a SB he could get lots of playing time here an win a SB hopefully.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little off topic, but James Harrison:

Quote:
J. Harrison to me on the type team he prefers to play for next: "Of course you want to go to a team that is successful. I want to try and stay in the scheme that I'm in--in a 3-4 defense. Warm weather is probably better but sometimes you don't have a choice on where you get to go. You have a choice in picking the team but it still depends on the circumstances around that team. You have to go with what is best for you."

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/310456175370047488

His description fits our team, but will he be fine with a limited role? When healthy, Harrison is a damn good run defender along with being one of the best pass rushers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan2152 wrote:
Id love to have him on the cheap but think its a leverage move an he ends up in Seattle or some were else. I badly want Seymour who makes so so much sense for us. He lives in the area already an has been playing across the bay for a phew years, he likes the west coast an wants to play for a SB he could get lots of playing time here an win a SB hopefully.

i thought about him too. but i dont think he will be happy with his pt here. he struggled and was outplayed by desmond bryant and also had injuries. but if he is okay with the role here, i would like that

i dont think harrison would want to come here though. i could see cleveland for some reason.

new sig... sorry alex
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Little off topic, but James Harrison:

Quote:
J. Harrison to me on the type team he prefers to play for next: "Of course you want to go to a team that is successful. I want to try and stay in the scheme that I'm in--in a 3-4 defense. Warm weather is probably better but sometimes you don't have a choice on where you get to go. You have a choice in picking the team but it still depends on the circumstances around that team. You have to go with what is best for you."

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/310456175370047488

His description fits our team, but will he be fine with a limited role? When healthy, Harrison is a damn good run defender along with being one of the best pass rushers.

probably unwilling to take a limited roll, and just as likely to be unwilling to come in on a much reduced salary. with what we pay our defense already, there's no way we are shelling out even a 1 year several million dollar contract for a linebacker. He has a chance to make more money and be a starter for a super bowl contender elsewhere; new orleans immediately springs to mind.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vincent Frank ‏@VincentFrankNFL
If 49ers want John Abraham, he will sign with them. That's what I am hearing. #NFL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
If 49ers want John Abraham, he will sign with them. That's what I am hearing. #NFL

Some of this guy's other tweets:

Quote:

#49ers want 2Y deal, Abraham wants 3Y deal. Meaning, he could bolt for SEA if Schneider and CO. offer 3Y. They won't.

Quote:

Point is, Abraham has decided on the #49ers, but is willing to listen to offers from other teams. 49ers will not lock down at his price.

Quote:

49ers don't believe price will get larger for him and ARE NOT willing to up price.

Worth checking out the rest, he claims to have a pretty good source.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, I do think Abraham at this stage rather be a situational pass rusher anyways. He could come in for Brooks on passing downs or even give Aldon a breather from time to time. I hope next season we utilize our back ups more and give the starters some rest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: