Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Available Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warpticon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Fins20??SBChamp wrote:
Former Jets G Brandon Moore also visited Miami today.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/875/brandon-moore

Moore would be a nice addition to the team in my opinion. He's played in both a ZBS and a Man/Gap scheme. He is not entirely consistent with his play, but he would represent upgrade to John Jerry.

And he played really well by the end of last season:

More here https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/29/brandon-moore-interview/

I like that he actually compliments Incognito in this interview, heh.
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2013/03/25/rt-eric-winston-wants-to-play-in-miami-but-dolphins-arent-biting/

It seems like the Fins are not high on Winston. If that is the case, I hope Miami drafts a few O-lineman early.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://fansided.com/2013/03/26/miami-dolphins-have-some-interest-in-signing-dwight-freeney/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

Some interest in Freeny(33) who didn't do too well in the 34 last season. Abraham(34) would be the alternative I suppose, we clearly want to find another starting DE in FA.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/26/3307969/defensive-end-vaughn-martin-visits.html

Martin would play DT for us. Maybe we are worried we won't get a DE and have to play Odrick at end again next season? Martin would be our rotational guy inside in place of Odrick. It's clear that we don't like any pass rusher in the draft that will be there at 12.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
http://fansided.com/2013/03/26/miami-dolphins-have-some-interest-in-signing-dwight-freeney/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

Some interest in Freeny(33) who didn't do too well in the 34 last season. Abraham(34) would be the alternative I suppose, we clearly want to find another starting DE in FA.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/26/3307969/defensive-end-vaughn-martin-visits.html

Martin would play DT for us. Maybe we are worried we won't get a DE and have to play Odrick at end again next season? Martin would be our rotational guy inside in place of Odrick. It's clear that we don't like any pass rusher in the draft that will be there at 12.

Philbin has stated he didn't want the draft to be dictated by need....filing needs in FA helps to do that....now they need to sign Winston, Grimes and one of the DE's and the draft will be wide open.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

Philbin has stated he didn't want the draft to be dictated by need....filing needs in FA helps to do that....now they need to sign Winston, Grimes and one of the DE's and the draft will be wide open.

I don't believe in BPA.

Anyhow, so that everyone knows where we stand. We currently have $15.7M in cap. After June first we will have $22.5M. $8M is a generous prediction for 11 draft picks and with the $6.8M added after June first we can spend $14.5M but would have no cap leftover which wouldn't be too smart. Assuming we want to keep $5M for the season, we would have a spending cap of $9.5M right now. Dimitri Patterson is still a possible liability if we need extra space giving us an additional $4.6M to spend for a total of $14.1M. Alternatively, he could take a pay cut of perhaps half of his contract meaning it would give us an additional $2.3M instead and a total of $11.8M in spending cap.

Next season we have a projected cap of $29.2M not counting possible rollover, dead money, and assuming a $125M cap. Though we do have multiple possible liabilities if we need more space. Notable free agents include Davone Bess, Richie Incognito, John Jerry, Randy Starks, Paul Soliai, Koa Misi, Reshad Jones, and Chris Clemons. Meaning we will be cutting it close and not be major players in free agency if we decide to go the resigning route. We can thank Mike Wallace's $17.2M cap figure for that. This also means that any other player we sign this off-season will have a larger first year cap hit and a smaller second year cap hit or will only be a one year deal.

All of this together, I'm assuming we have the money for only one more major free agent, not counting smaller signings which could still happen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some FA still out there in areas of need. Some possibilities.

CB
Brent Grimes (think most if not all us want him here)
DeAngelo Hall (may have to much attitude for JP liking)
Sheldon Brown
Tracy Porter
Mike Jenkins
Pat Lee (would like to see my boy back home but is just ST player at this point)

OT
Andre Smith
Eric Winston
Bryant McKinnie

OG
Brandon Moore
Willie Colon
Chris Spencer (can play guard or center)

DE
Osi Umenyiora
Dwight Freeney
John Abaraham

DT (really not interested in any of them)
Vaughn Martin
Alan Branch
Sedrick Ellis
Richard Seymour
Tommy Kelly

Blocking TE
Will Heller (Is a pretty good blocking TE and has good enough hands to keep the defense honest)

RB Focused on bigger backs to get the shorter yardage.
Payton Hillis
Michael Tuner
Andre Brown
Rasheed Jennings
Isaac Redmen
Greg Jones

^ Thanks for the sig Delphi83^
Emerica

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 18s

Dolphins still not done in free agency - very much in on CB Brent Grimes, who played on franchise tag in '12. could land there soon

Oh baby.

If Ireland pulls this off, I give him an A for the off-season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chances may increase cap wise now that the Falcons has signed Osi Umenyiora

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 11, Tackles 11 Assists 3 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 11 : Death 30 Joe 34
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emerica wrote:
Quote:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 18s

Dolphins still not done in free agency - very much in on CB Brent Grimes, who played on franchise tag in '12. could land there soon

Oh baby.

If Ireland pulls this off, I give him an A for the off-season.
Man you are not kidding. I want grimes bad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

Jump to: