Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Available Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
Emerica wrote:
Well, there goes Bennett. He signs with Seattle.

Quote:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

DE Michael Bennett agrees to one-year, $5 million deal with the Seahawks, per league source.

Jake Long is holding us up me thinks. Come on now..

Not really sure I get it.... Seattle is making some moves on the Dline with Bennett and Avril. I don't even think they visited. I think we are starting to see the real Jeff Ireland.....

I don't think it has to do with Jeff Ireland. I think at this point, he isn't overpaying. Keller was rumored to be asking for Cook money. I think Ireland is just not going to overpay for guys that are stop gaps.

Thats what I was meaning by we are starting to see the real Ireland. The Wallace/Ellerbe/Wheeler deals seemed out of the norm. I am glad he stuck to his guns with Keller. With Bennett makes it interesting because he only signed a one year deal which tells me he is going some where that will accept that so he can drive his price tag up next year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emerica wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
Emerica wrote:

Quote:

DE Michael Bennett agrees to one-year, $5 million deal with the Seahawks, per league source.

Not really sure I get it.... Seattle is making some moves on the Dline with Bennett and Avril. I don't even think they visited. I think we are starting to see the real Jeff Ireland.....

I wouldn't put this on Ireland. I think he's just waiting on Jake to make a decision before spending some cash. Which is a smart thing to do.

Right now, they are just doing their due diligence. I'm just glad we aren't overpaying for Keller

UniversalAuthor
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emerica wrote:

Quote:

Damn. Seattle's defense will be even more insane next year.

I wonder what is Ireland's plan now. I still believe!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet right after Jake signs. Were on the phone with Winston.

-Courtesy of bpastermack talking about John Beck.
patdt13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fins20??SBChamp wrote:
Emerica wrote:

Quote:

Damn. Seattle's defense will be even more insane next year.

I wonder what is Ireland's plan now. I still believe!

#NFCWestarmsrace

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiaDolphan13 wrote:
I bet right after Jake signs. Were on the phone with Winston.

I think the deal for Winston is already done, just in case.

UniversalAuthor
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The New York Daily News hints the hang-up in talks between the Dolphins and free agent Dustin Keller is Miami being unwilling to offer a multi-year deal.

If that the case I am glad Miami did not sign him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Winston is in South Florida. Dolphins management needs to make a decision soon(like this weekend) on whether Jake Long will be on the team or not. Winston is set to meet with Philadelphia early next week. At this point I would rather not have to face the possibility of a rookie at the tackle position.(Based on who would be available at #12 in the draft).

Jeff Ireland should throw out a contract to Jake Long with an answer required within 24 hours. All those weapons and no oline would not make for any momentum forward for the franchise.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Eric Winston is in South Florida. Dolphins management needs to make a decision soon(like this weekend) on whether Jake Long will be on the team or not. Winston is set to meet with Philadelphia early next week. At this point I would rather not have to face the possibility of a rookie at the tackle position.(Based on who would be available at #12 in the draft).

Jeff Ireland should throw out a contract to Jake Long with an answer required within 24 hours. All those weapons and no oline would not make for any momentum forward for the franchise.

Eric Winston is a better fit in the Dolphins offense and will come much cheaper then Jake Long....the again Winston doesn't come with Jackie and that seems to be Jake's main selling point.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We brought Antwan Barnes in for a visit. He was a pretty good pass rusher in a 3-4 but he would play DE for us.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4400/antwan-barnes

UniversalAuthor
mhfan3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't we go for somebody like Danario Alexander instead of Gibson. Alexander only has an original tender on him and since he went undrafted you would have to give up nothing if the Chargers tried to match the contract. I know he has had multiple knee surgeries but he's 6'5 with decent speed and good hands. Being that he is only going to make $1.32 million I would've offered 2 years, $5million. I think somebody of his size would've been the perfect redzone target for us. Could anybody tell me why nobody has offered him a contract?
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151611/article/osi-umeyiora-reportedly-on-radar-of-dolphins-lions

Apparently the Fins may be interested in Osi Umeyiora. Not sure what I think about this. He did just say about a week or two ago that he was gonna be the 2013 NFL Defensive POY. That has to mean something, right? Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mhfan3 wrote:
Why didn't we go for somebody like Danario Alexander instead of Gibson. Alexander only has an original tender on him and since he went undrafted you would have to give up nothing if the Chargers tried to match the contract. I know he has had multiple knee surgeries but he's 6'5 with decent speed and good hands. Being that he is only going to make $1.32 million I would've offered 2 years, $5million. I think somebody of his size would've been the perfect redzone target for us. Could anybody tell me why nobody has offered him a contract?

Gibson was definitely the safer, more consistent choice. Having five knee surgeries since college certainly does not help get teams interested in you. More so if you play WR. Danario has a lot of potential but is a huge injury risk. Major boom or major bust potential. I still think someone will pick him up. But not us at this point.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starks signs tag, Devlin and Stanford are tendered.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavisIsland wrote:
mhfan3 wrote:

Gibson was definitely the safer, more consistent choice. Having five knee surgeries since college certainly does not help get teams interested in you. More so if you play WR. Danario has a lot of potential but is a huge injury risk. Major boom or major bust potential. I still think someone will pick him up. But not us at this point.

It depends what you are looking for. As a Rams fan I've seen both play a lot and Alexander's potential is insane. If you want a guy who will play 8-10 games and contribute like a 1/2 than take Alexander. If you want a depth guy who will play all year but never be much more than a 3/4 you take Gibby.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: