Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Combine Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Jason Peters is a 31 year old player coming off of a serious knee injury. He put up a great season or two with the Eagles after 3 crappy seasons. This is a rebuilding team and 31 year old players coming off of big time injuries with big time contracts don't fit the rebuild. Eagles fans enjoy being the last to know. You don't want to be the last to know that Jason Peters' career is finished as a guy that can dominate. You definitely don't want to be the last to know that he isn't starting material anymore. So what if he comes back and picks up where he left off? So what. This still is a rebuilding team and he's 31 with a huge contract. Peters was brought here for McNabb and Kolb. He's 31 now and it's time to move on from this guy with no dead money on the salary cap and questionable health.

He was a beast in Buffalo

His last season in Buffalo he gave up 11.5 sacks. The season before that he gave up 6 sacks. His first season as an Eagle he gave up 6.0 sacks. So he has had an inconsistent career, and I'm not banking on him showing consistency after a serious injury and after a coaching change.
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
Cutting Peters isn't a bad idea. It's a bad idea to cut Peters for the reason listed above. Fact..... This team is rebuilding and there isn't a place for any 31 year old player making over 10 million a year. By time this team is relovent again, Peters will be in decline, in need of new contract and have one foot out the door. Draft a new Tackle in the 1st or 2nd, plug in him and let him grow with the team. If not this year then most certainly next season.
Peters isn't going to win any more games next season and this team won't even get a sniff of a playoff game during the next 2 seasons.
It truely makes little sense to pay a guy 10+ million when there is little chance he is here by time the 2015 season rolls around.
People can say I'm wrong all they want but the reality is, this team has already gotten rid of 2 Tackles that were atleast as talented as Peters is right now, because of their age.

I am never a fan of cutting our best players. We are bad enough as is right now, cutting Peters only makes us worse. I can see why that would make sense in a year where we were short cap space, but with us expected to have 40+ mill in cap space, why even worry about the money? Don't make the team worse for no reason.
birdman0069

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
Cutting Peters isn't a bad idea. It's a bad idea to cut Peters for the reason listed above. Fact..... This team is rebuilding and there isn't a place for any 31 year old player making over 10 million a year. By time this team is relovent again, Peters will be in decline, in need of new contract and have one foot out the door. Draft a new Tackle in the 1st or 2nd, plug in him and let him grow with the team. If not this year then most certainly next season.
Peters isn't going to win any more games next season and this team won't even get a sniff of a playoff game during the next 2 seasons.
It truely makes little sense to pay a guy 10+ million when there is little chance he is here by time the 2015 season rolls around.
People can say I'm wrong all they want but the reality is, this team has already gotten rid of 2 Tackles that were atleast as talented as Peters is right now, because of their age.

I am never a fan of cutting our best players. We are bad enough as is right now, cutting Peters only makes us worse. I can see why that would make sense in a year where we were short cap space, but with us expected to have 40+ mill in cap space, why even worry about the money? Don't make the team worse for no reason.

Please tell me how the team could be worse?
New offensive scheme
New defensive scheme
New rookie head coach
New coaching staff.
No franchise QB on the roster.

This is a 3-5 win team with or without Peters on the roster. He does get you anymore wins next season.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:

There is also a roster spot under consideration.

The more guys you have the greater the chance of someone being a player.
Andy Reid amassed picks for a reason.
He had about the same success rate as everyone else, but he had 20% more picks.

Kelly is going to want to get a long look at some guys.
If Peters isn't the future I don't see keeping him for nostalgia purposes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: