Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Do You Want?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who at 2?
Geno Smith, QB West Virginia
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Eric Fisher, OT Central Michigan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chance Warmack, OG Alabama
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sharrif Floyd, DT Florida
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei, DT Utah
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Bjoern Werner, DE Florida State
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Dion Jordan, DE Oregon
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB LSU
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Ezekiel Ansah, DE Bringham Young
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Datone Jones, DE UCLA
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Damontre Moore, DE Texas A&M
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jarvis Jones, OLB Georgia
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Dee Milliner, CB Alabama
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (Who?)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 28

JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caps fan Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith, QB West Virginia -- just no!! There is not one legitimate argument someone can make to convince me Geno for the Jags at #2 makes any amount of sense. He is not deserving of that high a selection. He is not an obvious upgrade over Gabbert and just does not make sense for a team with so many needs and a QB who has shown enough flashes among the overwhelming crap to warrant at least one more shot to prove himself.
Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M/Eric Fisher, OT Central Michigan -- You do not draft a RT at #2, and doing so would be incredibly stupid, even though these two players happen to be excellent prospects.
Chance Warmack, OG Alabama -- Nope! Between what I would call a minor to non-existent need at OG, Warmack does not make sense. If OG was the pick, give me Cooper who is probably a better fit for the supposed Zone-blocking heavy scheme.
Sharrif Floyd, DT Florida/Star Lotulelei, DT Utah -- DT would be an interesting pick and of these 2, I think Lotulelei might be the more versatile one. I think he could play both the "NT" and 3 technique in the new scheme. Signing Roy Miller was nice, but he seems to be nothing more than a 2 down "NT." Pretty sure he is not the ideal long term starter on this defense. FLoyd is purely a 3-tech in my opinion but probably helps this defense right now more than Lotulelei would. If it came down to one of these guys, I probably go Lotulelei just because I like the idea of giving Alualu a legitimate shot at the starting 3-tech in this defense.
Bjoern Werner, DE Florida State/Jarvis Jones, OLB Georgia -- I bunch these two guys as the non-ideal LEO guys. Each one is talented, but there are just better fits for the LEO spot that will be available.
Dion Jordan, DE Oregon/Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB LSU/Ezekiel Ansah, DE Bringham Young -- these are the explosive players that make the most sense if this team looked LEO at #2. I think in some respect it comes down to preference among these guys. Personally, I am ot sure you can go wrong with any of the 3 although I do think Ansah could end up the best of the 3. Interestingly enough, Daniel Jeremiah calls Jordan a better fit than Ansah at LEO. (I think Caldwell's/Bradley's prference among these 3 should be the pick at #2)
Datone Jones, DE UCLA/Damontre Moore, DE Texas A&M -- not realy sure either one is close to worth the pick at #2. Jones is certainly not a LEO (the DE spot really needed) in this scheme and Moore is just not explosive enough to play the position. Both are just not really good options for this team at #2.
Dee Milliner, CB Alabama -- intriguing option, but I just do not see it when there are probably better fits for this team that could be had in the 2nd round.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
Geno Smith, QB West Virginia -- just no!! There is not one legitimate argument someone can make to convince me Geno for the Jags at #2 makes any amount of sense. He is not deserving of that high a selection. He is not an obvious upgrade over Gabbert and just does not make sense for a team with so many needs and a QB who has shown enough flashes among the overwhelming crap to warrant at least one more shot to prove himself.

Jags have given him extensive looks, interviews, etc.
Raiders have given him extensive looks, interviews, etc.
Eagles have given him extensive looks, interviews, etc.
Browns have given him extensive looks, interviews, etc.
Cardinals have given him extensive looks, interviews, etc.
Bills have given him extensive looks, interviews, etc.

Something tells me he is worthy of that high of a pick.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:

Give me Geno or give me death!

Or a massive amount of picks Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:

Not really. He is the #1 QB in a bad class. Some team will draft him higher than he should be drafted simply because of the fact that this is a QB driven league.

I will put it like this. Combine his talent and his his position, and you might have a guy worth a top 10 pick. HOWEVER, when I assess the state of this team (numerous needs, more talented players than Geno available at positions of need, a top 10 pick at QB from just 2 years ago) I am not sure I really could condone going Geno at #2. If he ends up the pick, I won't be thrilled although in the end I will put faith in Gus and Dave and live with it.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
iPwn wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:

Not really. He is the #1 QB in a bad class. Some team will draft him higher than he should be drafted simply because of the fact that this is a QB driven league.

I will put it like this. Combine his talent and his his position, and you might have a guy worth a top 10 pick. HOWEVER, when I assess the state of this team (numerous needs, more talented players than Geno available at positions of need, a top 10 pick at QB from just 2 years ago) I am not sure I really could condone going Geno at #2. If he ends up the pick, I won't be thrilled although in the end I will put faith in Gus and Dave and live with it.

The potential is definitely there, but let me ask you this.

Who do you want? Because outside the OTs which arent worth it for us, who is a safe bet at 2?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: