Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cornbread5 Mock Draft 3/7 - 7 ROUNDS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cornbread5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Cornbread5 Mock Draft 3/7 - 7 ROUNDS Reply with quote

Hey guys this is my first mock posted in the forum, not as fancy as some but feedback much appreciated! I approached as if the Rams biggest FA noise is resigning Danny Amendola and signing Jared Cook.

1st. 16 - Kenny Vaccaro S Texas- Versatile safety, can cover tight ends/slot. What a difference a safety will make.

1st. 22 - Menelik Watson OT Florida State - Sounds like he's rising and Rams just cut Hunter. Tackle may be a bigger need considering coaches like Rok. Saffold and Watson could be two good starting tackles for this team.

2nd. 48 - Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech- Some could call this a reach and very well could be but he's arguably the most talented WR in the class. Big physical guy who could match up well with the division competition.

3rd. 78 - Brian Winters OG Kent State - Projected to move inside in the NFL this picks allows the Rams to have options at guard with Dahl, Rok, Winters. He may not last to this selection. Justin Pugh could also be an option.

4th. 110 - J.J. Wilcox SS Georgia Southern - It's possible the Rams cut ties with Mikell and if Wilcox is there in the 4th the Rams could be starting two rookies at safety in 2013.

5th. 142 - Zaviar Gooden OLB Missouri - Needs development as an NFL WLB but could start for Rams and fast/athletic enough to chase down mobile QBs.

6th. 174 - Josh Boyd DT Mississippi State - Depth and development pick. Rams are thin behind Brockers and Langford.

7th. 206 - Ace Sanders WR South Carolina - Could provide return help. The Rams need to find a return guy with one of their late round picks.

I feel like this draft upgrades all positions of weakness and could really take the Rams to the next level in competing for the division. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the outside the box thinking. Very different.

Kempes on the sig, El ramster on the avy.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Cornbread5 Mock Draft 3/7 - 7 ROUNDS Reply with quote

Cornbread5 wrote:
1st. 16 - Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
Bleh, just dont like him at all. The hype around him seems more of a desperation to find that Top/First Round guy and he shouldnt be up there. I dont like him at #22, I really hate him at #16.
Quote:
1st. 22 - Menelik Watson OT Florida State
Im a big fan of Watson, Iv just had a hard time slotting him into a spot. Im not sure where his value is at this point. Some day I see him as a Top 20 guy, others he is more of a Top 50 guy. He would be a very good RT, and still have some potential athletically as a LT (dont think he'll get there, but he has it)
Quote:
2nd. 48 - Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech
Jim Thomas has been off his game with the new regime, but he did quote Snead in his chat the other day "We've already got a guy like that on the Roster". Ive said it all offseason, they like Quick alot more than most around here do, and believe he is the guy who will be the #1.
Quote:
3rd. 78 - Brian Winters OG Kent State
I like winters, if we dont get a Top guy early, he is another good option for the interior.
Quote:
4th. 110 - J.J. Wilcox SS Georgia Southern
I hear alot of hype, havent seen it yet.
Quote:
5th. 142 - Zaviar Gooden OLB Missouri
Has played himself much higher than this, It would be a steal if he makes it out of the Top 100, much less to the 140s
Quote:
6th. 174 - Josh Boyd DT Mississippi State
Always like DT depth, cant complain.
Quote:
7th. 206 - Ace Sanders WR South Carolina
Ace has fallen, but Im not sure he has fallen this far. I would love to get a Kick Returner later in the draft so we keep our starters away from it, but its unlikely that Sanders is here this late.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate it.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Hate it.

+1

Cornbread5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Hate it.

+1

Does anyone care to say why? It's fairly realistic and upgrades the team at many areas.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Cornbread5 Mock Draft 3/7 - 7 ROUNDS Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Cornbread5 wrote:
1st. 16 - Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
Bleh, just dont like him at all. The hype around him seems more of a desperation to find that Top/First Round guy and he shouldnt be up there. I dont like him at #22, I really hate him at #16.
Quote:
1st. 22 - Menelik Watson OT Florida State
Im a big fan of Watson, Iv just had a hard time slotting him into a spot. Im not sure where his value is at this point. Some day I see him as a Top 20 guy, others he is more of a Top 50 guy. He would be a very good RT, and still have some potential athletically as a LT (dont think he'll get there, but he has it)
Quote:
2nd. 48 - Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech
Jim Thomas has been off his game with the new regime, but he did quote Snead in his chat the other day "We've already got a guy like that on the Roster". Ive said it all offseason, they like Quick alot more than most around here do, and believe he is the guy who will be the #1.
Quote:
3rd. 78 - Brian Winters OG Kent State
I like winters, if we dont get a Top guy early, he is another good option for the interior.
Quote:
4th. 110 - J.J. Wilcox SS Georgia Southern
I hear alot of hype, havent seen it yet.
Quote:
5th. 142 - Zaviar Gooden OLB Missouri
Has played himself much higher than this, It would be a steal if he makes it out of the Top 100, much less to the 140s
Quote:
6th. 174 - Josh Boyd DT Mississippi State
Always like DT depth, cant complain.
Quote:
7th. 206 - Ace Sanders WR South Carolina
Ace has fallen, but Im not sure he has fallen this far. I would love to get a Kick Returner later in the draft so we keep our starters away from it, but its unlikely that Sanders is here this late.

Thanks for the feedback but I have disagree on Vaccaro. He has so much to offer in terms of versatility and he's the type of player that can really hit those running QBs when they get past our first line of D. Pick could go either to OL or WR but Vaccaro just seems more likely. Safety play was a nightmare last season.

I believe in Brian Quick too but I also have a crush on Rogers. I actually like Quick so much, and believe the Rams do to, I think they pass on a WR in the first unless Keenan Allen is available. Maybe Justin Hunter at 22 but I think they keep Amendola and are OK with waiting to the 2nd for a WR. Rogers would likely be BA at the position and arguably has more talent and potential than Quick. He could be a sturdier Dez Bryant and one of the best out of this class.

I think Gooden moves up too and actually had him in the 4th before swapping him and Wilcox. Also think Ace may go earlier too but who knows.

Thanks for the feedback on the OL too, I think Watson could be a very good tackle in the pros.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Menelik Watson at all, especially in the 1st round. He has Alex Barron boom/bust type written all over him to me...

Immense athleticism and potential, but also raw as they come in everything needed of the position...

I think they'll be much better options at #22...

IDOG_det on the sig...
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Not a fan of Menelik Watson at all, especially in the 1st round. He has Alex Barron boom/bust type written all over him to me...

Immense athleticism and potential, but also raw as they come in everything needed of the position...

Crazy, that is the exact same thought I had on him. Project tackles have been a big downfall for our franchise in recent years (Barron, J.Smith). I'd MUCH prefer to go the safe route with OT's
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:

Crazy, that is the exact same thought I had on him. Project tackles have been a big downfall for our franchise in recent years (Barron, J.Smith). I'd MUCH prefer to go the safe route with OT's
After the top 3 there isnt a "safe route" and those guys wont likely make it anywhere near us.

We would be drafting a RT, you guys do remember that Alex Barron was actually a pretty decent RT for us, the problem was he was supposed to be a LT. Im completely fine taking a chance on a RT, especially n the 20s. Theres a good chance that the talent we all think might be there, wont be.

Id rather take Watson at #22 over Vaccaro, Cyprien, Hunter, Hankins or one of the other over-hyped guys.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:

After the top 3 there isnt a "safe route" and those guys wont likely make it anywhere near us.

We would be drafting a RT, you guys do remember that Alex Barron was actually a pretty decent RT for us, the problem was he was supposed to be a LT. Im completely fine taking a chance on a RT, especially n the 20s. Theres a good chance that the talent we all think might be there, wont be.

Id rather take Watson at #22 over Vaccaro, Cyprien, Hunter, Hankins or one of the other over-hyped guys.

I'd much rather have Vaccaro or Hunter then Watson in the 1st. There are better RT prospects then Watson if we are going that direction in the first, which I hope we do not (unless Johnson happened to fall). Watson is not a 1st round talent in my eyes. 2nd, absolutely
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: