Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ijalana

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColtsFan40

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Ijalana Reply with quote

Was wondering if anyone has seen anything about his recovery. If his recovery is on track, does anyone think he will compete for the RT spot or one of the guard spots?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Mike McGlynn and Joe Reitz manning the guard spots right now, you and I have a chance to compete for a spot.

Free agency will tell a lot. If we end up grabbing a guard (Vazquez) and a RT (maybe Winnie Justice comes back) then the field becomes pretty crowded, and Ijalana off of injury seems unlikely.

But if we go into the season with the unit we have, you can't count Ijalana out of the conversation. His injury came in training camp 2012, and they are doing great things with the ACL injuries these days.

However, even if he returns 100% healthy, the very best young players still need time on the field to develop into anything. This is now a 24 year old kid who has played 6 games and 1 shortened training camp in the last 2 years. He's a long shot in my mind no matter what the medical diagnosis is.

Images courtesy of the great IndyColt#88
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CapitalColts

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't necessarily think Ijalana is a long shot. Yes, there would probably be an adjustment period, but I doubt it would be that long. Remember, as a rookie he handled Adrian Claiborne when Costanzo went down. If healthy, I expect Ijalana to be in the mix for RT or OG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: