Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eric Winston
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAC DRE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Eric Winston Reply with quote

He was just cut by the chiefs. We have a need for a RT. He graded out as a top 9 RT last season and is a zone blocking guy. He's still fairly young and should come at a reasonable price.

What do you guys think? Should we make a run or do you think we will?

I'd be down

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its perfect - its a buyers market this year for tackles. I really like Winston - I wasn't a big fan coming out of Miami but he proved me wrong in Houston and KC. Lots of OT options fot us to look at with a deep draft and strong fa.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Breno needs to be upgraded. Perfect for our system and he's only 29???? (I think)

Ran a 4.93 at his combine. To show the athletism

He signed a deal worth roughly 5 million a year with KC. If we cut Breno it will only cost us an extra 1.5 million a year. Well worth the difference between Breno and Winston.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should go after him, better player than Breno

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
sirensong

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can snag him and Levitre our OL will be so beat that Shawn's nickname will be in jeopardy!

But seriously, would be a fantastic pick up. Perfect scheme fit and on the right side of 30 I believe. Would give us a nice set of bookends.
MAC DRE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really the perfect fit for both sides. I really hope we go after him. Breno isn't that bad but he's not a starter. I see us going defense a lot in the draft, so I don't how we don't make a run a him considering the cap space available and he's very affordable. He will def garner less then the 4 yr/22M he signed last season. Bargain for a top ten RT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
If we can snag him and Levitre our OL will be so beat that Shawn's nickname will be in jeopardy!

But seriously, would be a fantastic pick up. Perfect scheme fit and on the right side of 30 I believe. Would give us a nice set of bookends.

Shocked

If we can snag both of them we have one of the top O-Lines in the league!!

Okung-Carp-Unger-Levitre-Wnston Shocked

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
Sham

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be ecstatic if we picked up Winston.. A solid, above-average RT to help shore up our OL. It'd be a match-made in heaven. It'd be perfect. Too perfect...

It won't happen Crying or Very sad

Stat Tracker:
* ATT | * Pass YDs | * Pass TDs | * Rush YDs | * Rush TDs

USC Trojans | Seattle Seahawks
bill21792

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that's okay with Breno? Not saying he's great or anything, but he's worlds better than what we used to deal with in Sean Locklear. I thought he was pretty decent last year minus the penalties, which simmered down a lot after his benching in the Panthers game.

We need depth overall at tackle though. We're screwed if Okung or Breno go down.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston would be a phenomenal signing. While I'm not opposed to having Breno start for us at RT, but he's still a guy that can be upgraded on when an opportunity presents itself. Winston would give us a nasty run blocking OLine.

He officially joins my small list of players that we HAVE to go after, including Andy Levitre and Jared Cook. We need to eliminate as many needs as we can going into the draft, and taking out two of OG/RT/#2TE would be huge.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bill21792 wrote:
Am I the only one that's okay with Breno? Not saying he's great or anything, but he's worlds better than what we used to deal with in Sean Locklear. I thought he was pretty decent last year minus the penalties, which simmered down a lot after his benching in the Panthers game.

We need depth overall at tackle though. We're screwed if Okung or Breno go down.
Sean Locklear in his prime was better than Breno. He was just really bad for a two year stretch here.

Why settle for fine? That's the point of all this. Breno is a good run blocker and a solid pass blocker. Winston is a great (borderline dominant) run blocker and a good pass blocker. It's an all around improvement and creates stronger backup depth with Breno.

ram29jackson wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
bill21792 wrote:

Sean Locklear in his prime was better than Breno. He was just really bad for a two year stretch here.

Why settle for fine? That's the point of all this. Breno is a good run blocker and a solid pass blocker. Winston is a great (borderline dominant) run blocker and a good pass blocker. It's an all around improvement and creates stronger backup depth with Breno.

Well I guess his point could be (which I understand) that why should we expend resources on a spot that is simply a slight upgrade rather than one of our other bigger needs that really needs improving. If you were to tell me we could get Levitre, Cook, OR Winston, I would take Winston last because Breno is good enough.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
bill21792 wrote:

Well I guess his point could be (which I understand) that why should we expend resources on a spot that is simply a slight upgrade rather than one of our other bigger needs that really needs improving. If you were to tell me we could get Levitre, Cook, OR Winston, I would take Winston last because Breno is good enough.
...I'd hope everyone would Laughing

It's more than a slight upgrade.

ram29jackson wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
bill21792 wrote:

I didn't think that was obvious. In fact, I bet a handful of people here would rather have the upgrade at RT than the upgrade at #2 TE.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
bill21792 wrote:

I didn't think that was obvious. In fact, I bet a handful of people here would rather have the upgrade at RT than the upgrade at #2 TE.
Maybe, but that's a generalization. Cook would be an extreme upgrade as a number 2 TE weapon. If you offered up a better RT than Winston, there'd be more of an argument.

ram29jackson wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: