Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Just some thought

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punisher1380

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Just some thought Reply with quote

Restructure or Release!

Jordan Gross
Chris Gamble
Jon Beason
DeAngelo Williams

*** Gross would be the biggest loss BUT we need to shed cap and if all these players want to win that lombardi trophy then they need to realize they dont need superstar paychecks! Players dont get remembered based on how much money they made but by how their team did.

Guys who should restructure next year:

Ryan Khalil
Greg Olsen
Charles Johnson

*** If Gettleman can preach to the team that not winning the NFC South is simply not acceptable and putting together a complete roster filled with quality players rather than high paid "superstars" maybe the panthers could do some good. I know it might be a huge stretch but maybe im just old fashioned and just wanna see cam hoist the lombardi trophy in the near future with a team full of studs whose egos arent in the way!
panattack86

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unable to cut williams beason, The cap hit would devistate the team and cause the panthers to make moves they dont want. Only cut i see right now is gamble. Gross should restructure for around 5-6 million a year. if he is cut cam would be injured by the end of game 1. unless the panther expect lane johnson to be there at 14 i dont see how they cut him.
Beason and williams will prob be shopped around at the start of FA. hopefully the panthers will get decent picks for them beason (4th round 2013 conditional 3rd 2014) and williams probably similar to the beason trade i said above.
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Just some thought Reply with quote

Punisher1380 wrote:
Restructure or Release!

Jordan Gross
Chris Gamble
Jon Beason
DeAngelo Williams

*** Gross would be the biggest loss BUT we need to shed cap and if all these players want to win that lombardi trophy then they need to realize they dont need superstar paychecks! Players dont get remembered based on how much money they made but by how their team did.

Guys who should restructure next year:

Ryan Khalil
Greg Olsen

Charles Johnson

*** If Gettleman can preach to the team that not winning the NFC South is simply not acceptable and putting together a complete roster filled with quality players rather than high paid "superstars" maybe the panthers could do some good. I know it might be a huge stretch but maybe im just old fashioned and just wanna see cam hoist the lombardi trophy in the near future with a team full of studs whose egos arent in the way!

Why should Kalil and Olsen resign next year? They just did a last week.

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
Cypher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

panattack86 wrote:
Unable to cut williams beason, The cap hit would devistate the team and cause the panthers to make moves they dont want. Only cut i see right now is gamble. Gross should restructure for around 5-6 million a year. if he is cut cam would be injured by the end of game 1. unless the panther expect lane johnson to be there at 14 i dont see how they cut him.
Beason and williams will prob be shopped around at the start of FA. hopefully the panthers will get decent picks for them beason (4th round 2013 conditional 3rd 2014) and williams probably similar to the beason trade i said above.

Why do people keep saying this? It is completely untrue. We can designate Williams as a June 1st cut and free around 3.4 million. It devastates our cap far more to keep Williams than cut him. Beason could also be designated a June 1st cut to gain around 3.5 million, but I think there's some dead money missing there.

On the note of trading, we still take the dead money cap hit for trading a player as far as I can find, however we can trade them after June 1st for the same split over two years.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
panattack86

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why do people keep saying this? It is completely untrue. We can designate Williams as a June 1st cut and free around 3.4 million. It devastates our cap far more to keep Williams than cut him. Beason could also be designated a June 1st cut to gain around 3.5 million, but I think there's some dead money missing there.

On the note of trading, we still take the dead money cap hit for trading a player as far as I can find, however we can trade them after June 1st for the same split over two years.

How much dead money vs cap hit would the panthers have to pay williams and beason if they were designated june 1st cuts?
Cypher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panattack86 wrote:
Quote:

How much dead money vs cap hit would the panthers have to pay williams and beason if they were designated june 1st cuts?

Williams has 9.6 million in guaranteed money left, and a cap hit of 8.2 million. Beason has 12 million in guaranteed money left, and a cap hit of 9.5 million. Both would free up space as June 1st cuts, and take their huge salaries off our books next year.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: