Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Could it be time to start thinking Collins at 15?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How would you feel if the Saints took Jamie Collins at 15?
Great
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Good
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
OK
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Bad
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Horriable
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Could it be time to start thinking Collins at 15? Reply with quote

Jamie Collins OLB Southern Mississippi

While players such as Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo and Jarvis Jones would likely still be higher on the Saints big board, Jamie Collins has really opened some eyes among the NFL scouts and is now looked at as a ledgit 1st round talent. The question though for the Saints is if Mingo, Jordan & Jones are all gone by the 15th pick and a trade partner is not found in an attempt to move down… is Jamie Collins worth the 15th overall pick?

Collins had an impressive showing at the NFL combine which backed up his impressive defensive performance on a bad football team last season. Collins has the look of your prototypical 34 outside edge rushing linebacker and baring the conference he played in college, isn’t much different athletically from the other prospects ahead of him at his position.

So… what would be your reaction if the Saints shocked many and selected Collins at 15 this April?

WHODAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard he's at best a 2nd round prospect, so I'd laugh pretty hard if we reached on him at 15 and then I'd cry, a lot; but then I'd defend it until the death of me.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I've heard he's at best a 2nd round prospect, so I'd laugh pretty hard if we reached on him at 15 and then I'd cry, a lot; but then I'd defend it until the death of me.

I'm not so sure anymore there Harp... believe me, I totally agreed with you about a month ago on his 2nd round assessment but here lately he's getting real late first round buzz and is on the rise as a prospect. I cannot totally discount him as a possible mid 1st if his stock continues to rise up until draft day.

We always have these kinds of soaring prospects and I feel Collinas will be that guy similar to Bruce Irvin last year.

There's no denying that Collins possesses all the physical tools as the other top prospects and actually has the production to back it up...

I truly think he's a wildcard in this draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a man crush on him, so I wouldn't be mad. I think we could certainly trade down and get him though.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Porter22

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Collins, but not at #15. If we trade down to like 25, add another 2nd rounder or future pick, then I'm fine with him. But I can't see us trading down and right now I feel like we're going to draft a corner or safety (depends on Harper)
Injured Reserve: WR Joe Morgan
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I'm done with these OLB's. Unles it's a guy like Jordan who will play SOLB. We have to give Galette a chance to start.

SWATcha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really depends who's all on the board. I really like Collins, but even with as much as he's improved his stock, I don't see him being taken in the 1st. I agree with you that he has all the physical tools to be a 1st rounder, but I just don't see him going in the 1st. If the Saints somehow traded back 10-12 spots and added a 2nd while drafting Collins I can't say I'd be upset. If the Saints took him at 15 I might have to call Harp and share a good cry while splitting a case of whiskey.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compare Mingo and Collins. If you think that Mingo is worth #15...then why not Collins?Very similar athleticism, but I think that Collins has looser hips. He was more productive, better size, and actually has significant experience as a LB. The only advantage that Mingo has is that he went to LSU. But considering that many other highly touted LSU d-linemen have busted...I don't see that as a huge advantage.

Do yourself a favor and ignore mock drafts. The mock drafts have greatly underestimated Collins value. Its ignorant group think.

I would love Collins. He is only one of three players capable playing both OLB positions at a high level (along with Jones and Jordan).
krewebrees

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I don't think anyone can know what position we can draft. To many things can happen. If we choose to draft BPA there will be better players than Collins. If for what ever reason OLB becomes a need, if Galette signs with another team or something, I still think someone better will be available at that position. I have him ranked 9 for OLBs However I can see him at 7. Don't get me wrong I like Collins but 15. If we get a 2nd round then I would love to get him there assuming OLB becomes a need.

Adopt a Saint 2013
Malcolm Jenkins: 71 tckl, 3 PDef, 2 int, 2 ff, 2.5 sck
FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krewebrees wrote:
At this point I don't think anyone can know what position we can draft. To many things can happen. If we choose to draft BPA there will be better players than Collins. If for what ever reason OLB becomes a need, if Galette signs with another team or something, I still think someone better will be available at that position. I have him ranked 9 for OLBs However I can see him at 7. Don't get me wrong I like Collins but 15. If we get a 2nd round then I would love to get him there assuming OLB becomes a need.

As of right now we still have a need for OLB. Galette and Wilson are all we have, and Wilson could be playing ILB for all we know. Even though I think he'll be at OLB. We have no depth at the position and you can never have enough pass rushers.

Adopt-a-Saint
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
krewebrees wrote:

As of right now we still have a need for OLB. Galette and Wilson are all we have, and Wilson could be playing ILB for all we know. Even though I think he'll be at OLB. We have no depth at the position and you can never have enough pass rushers.

You don't add depth in the 1st round. You add immediate impact starters. So if we put Tez & Galette as OLB, were not gonna draft one. It's looking like the team wants Hawthorne/Vilma & Lofton inside.

FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
krewebrees wrote:

You don't add depth in the 1st round. You add immediate impact starters. So if we put Tez & Galette as OLB, were not gonna draft one. It's looking like the team wants Hawthorne/Vilma & Lofton inside.

We don't have any proven starters at OLB.

Adopt-a-Saint
krewebrees

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
krewebrees wrote:

Exactly I can see us getting depth like Chase Thomas in round 4 if available, but with Galette and Tez, who I will be shocked if he isn't an OLB, we don't need a starter, but that can change.

Adopt a Saint 2013
Malcolm Jenkins: 71 tckl, 3 PDef, 2 int, 2 ff, 2.5 sck
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krewebrees wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
krewebrees wrote:

Exactly I can see us getting depth like Chase Thomas in round 4 if available, but with Galette and Tez, who I will be shocked if he isn't an OLB, we don't need a starter, but that can change.

Thomas and Collins would start over Wilson at SOLB. Willson would be out of position there. And no question that Collins would start over Galette at WOLB. Galette will be serviceable but he is not going to be special. You really need an elite pass rusher.
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember the stat but PFF had a stat stating that both Martez Wilson and Junior Galette were top 15 pass rushers when they saw the field. If they start and stay healthy I could see both of them finishing in the 8-12 sack range; that's more pressure then we've seen since Will Smith and Charles Grant were in their prime 8 years ago...

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: