Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals, Punter Kevin Huber to a 5-year extension

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 41344
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Bengals, Punter Kevin Huber to a 5-year extension Reply with quote

Quote:
Punters can get contracts, too. #Bengals lock up P Kevin Huber to multi-year deal.


https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/310091308146499584

The former 5th round pick punter 76 times in 2012 for an average of 46.6 yards a punt and net average of 42.0.

The Bengals are also working on a deal for long snapper Clark Harris.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute


Last edited by Billy Spikes on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 19430
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good punter. This needed to be done.

Now if they just get a kicker done along with Harris they can concentrate on other positions other than the specialists.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 29777
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skill position guys are getting released all over the place and Punters are getting franchise-tagged and signed to big contracts and extensions.

The NFL just keeps getting more and more confusing!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 19430
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Skill position guys are getting released all over the place and Punters are getting franchise-tagged and signed to big contracts and extensions.

The NFL just keeps getting more and more confusing!

Knowing the bengals, this was not a big contract. But i get your meaning.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 17122
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't worried about this re-signing. He played at University of Cincinnati and was thrilled to be staying in Cincy when he got drafted. Glad the Bengals were able to make it happen.

Still have a whole laundry list of players to re-sign. Clark Harris, Josh Brown/Mike Nugent (hopefully Brown), Andre Smith, Adam Jones, Terence Newman, etc...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TomRalph


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 11594
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if he's making Dustin Colquitt money?
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola Status: Being Severely Underutilised
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 17122
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Wonder if he's making Dustin Colquitt money?


Quote:
The deal is worth an average of $2.8 million per year, with $6 million being paid out in the first two years.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000148906/article/kevin-huber-cincinnati-bengals-agree-on-fiveyear-deal


About $1m less per year than Colquitt...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 17122
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clark Harris (our LS) is signed as well now:

Quote:
The Bengals went a long way in shoring up a special teams unit that finished first in the NFL's top ten major categories when they signed record-breaking punter Kevin Huber and flawless long-snapper Clark Harris to long-term deals a day before teams can begin talking to free agents about deals that can be announced Tuesday.

It's believed the tandem of Huber and Harris count in the $4.5 million range against the salary cap.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Its-a-snap-Huber-Harris-sign-up/b8b68888-10ac-45e6-a179-51d5ea4ddfb4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5807
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Wasn't worried about this re-signing. He played at University of Cincinnati and was thrilled to be staying in Cincy when he got drafted. Glad the Bengals were able to make it happen.

Still have a whole laundry list of players to re-sign. Clark Harris, Josh Brown/Mike Nugent (hopefully Brown), Andre Smith, Adam Jones, Terence Newman, etc...


Don't forget high school in Cincy as well, which is why I never thought he'd leave.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 19430
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Clark Harris (our LS) is signed as well now:

Quote:
The Bengals went a long way in shoring up a special teams unit that finished first in the NFL's top ten major categories when they signed record-breaking punter Kevin Huber and flawless long-snapper Clark Harris to long-term deals a day before teams can begin talking to free agents about deals that can be announced Tuesday.

It's believed the tandem of Huber and Harris count in the $4.5 million range against the salary cap.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Its-a-snap-Huber-Harris-sign-up/b8b68888-10ac-45e6-a179-51d5ea4ddfb4

Also good news. Retaining punting/kicking/long snapping units is often under appreciated, but definitely a + for success.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group