Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs release former Texans OT Eric Winston
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warpticon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:
Why not keep Winston and allow Albert to go to free agency? Then you draft Joekel and you are set at tackle for years.

I don't get the moves.

Because you can have Albert at a more premium position for the same price.

And Albert is great in Pass Pro which will be a must with Reid.

Albert is absolutely not going to be the same price as Winston was. Not even close.

It's been said Winston made around 9 mil last season. I don't see Albert getting much more than that.

Winston didn't make $9 million last season. His contract was 4 years $22 mil. $9 mil is the total that will be paid to him from that contract since he was cut.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:
Why not keep Winston and allow Albert to go to free agency? Then you draft Joekel and you are set at tackle for years.

I don't get the moves.

Albert is absolutely not going to be the same price as Winston was. Not even close.

It's been said Winston made around 9 mil last season. I don't see Albert getting much more than that.

Winston didn't make $9 million last season. His contract was 4 years $22 mil. $9 mil is the total that will be paid to him from that contract since he was cut.

Where is that said? According to Spotrac, he's just a $3m dead money cap hit.

But aside from that, Winston didn't make $9m in 2012. Again, according to Spotrac, he made $900k base, $1m SB, and $600k Misc. Bonus for a total cap hit of $2.5m

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:

I don't get the moves.

But aside from that, Winston didn't make $9m in 2012. Again, according to Spotrac, he made $900k base, $1m SB, and $600k Misc. Bonus for a total cap hit of $2.5m

There have been some reports claiming he made 9.3 Mil last year.

I'm on my mobile so it's hard to find the links, but I will later.

Personally I don't think it was that high, but I do think there was some bonus in his contract not given to the public. One report said a 500k per game bonus, which is extremely high and I dont think is totally accurate.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:

I don't get the moves.

Cap hit wasn't what I was responding to, but I thought he made a higher guaranteed number on that contract. In any case, he didn't make close to $9m last year.
dsorc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9M number was reported based on the previously reported signing bonus of 8.4M. However, after Winston was cut, Spotrac changed the bonus numbers to the current 4M signing bonus and 4.4M in assorted roster and workout bonuses. Signing bonus gets paid upfront but is prorated for cap purposes so Winston got paid more money last year than he counted for in the cap. Just how much is unclear given that there are no reports outside of spotrac of his signing bonus. Everybody that has tried to cover the cap consequence is just going off spotrac which is now a headache since they just changed their numbers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: