Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Do it through the Draft MOCK DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roontoona9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: The Do it through the Draft MOCK DRAFT Reply with quote

I know we donít have a lot of money to spend on Free agents, so I tried to make this mock focus on the draft (thatís what a good organization should do anyway). Let me know what you think

Restructure or Extend:
Matthew Stafford, Shaun Hill, Nate Burleson, Dominic Raiola
Own FA Signings:
Joique Bell, Sammie Hill, Willie Young, Lawrence Jackson, DeAndre Levy, Louis Delmas, Chris Houston, Jason Hanson

Outside FA Signings:
Jason Jones DT- Had a down year last year because on an Injury. I think we will be able to get him pretty cheap and has the ability to be a good role player on our line
Jared Cook TE Ė Another Guy who I think will work well in our system. Him and Schfeller will be able to be a poor mans Gronk and Hernandez

Draft:

5. Trade with San Diego. After Resigning Louis Vasquez, San Diego continues to do what they need to do to Protect Rivers. They give up the 11th pick and the 45th pick (5=1700, 11 & 45= 1700) to come up and get Eric Fisher. I know some will argue that we should just stay put and take him but with so many needs we take the picks.

11. Trade with Cincinnati. Well we did it once why not keep going down and getting more picks. This Draft just does not have many top notch talents but does have a lot of second round talents. Cincinnati comes up to 11th to get Xavier Rhodes and gives up their 21st pick, 53rd pick and 2014 4th round pick (11=1,250, 21 & 53=1,170)

21. Kenny Vaccaro S Texas- We have a big need for the safety position. Delmas when healthy is great but even than he canít do it alone. Vaccaro is good against the run but also has the speed to keep up with fast receivers.

36. Giovani Bernard RB North Carolina- We know we need the change of pace back and Bernad fits that role. I know we have been burned by using early picks on backs but with a three headed monster Leshoure, Bernard and Bell Teams would finally have to respect our running game.

45. Larry Warford G Kentucky- Goodbye Peterman, Hello Road Grader. Warford played for a bad Kentucky team but shined playing against good level DTís. This is the right step keeping Stafford upright.

53. Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers- I hope he last this long as he once started out as a 4th round pick he is climbing up the boards real quick. Even though his Combine was not the best, watch some of the tape from his Rutgers games. He will come in and start from day one.

65. Cornelius Washington DE Georgia- Got to address the Dline at some point. Washington would be a good fit for the Wide 9 that we do.

4 Comp pick- T.J McDonald S USC- Need some depth to help with the safety position.

130. Kenny Stills, WR Oklahoma Ė Stills will add depth to our WR Core. Is he the greatest? No, but maybe he will be a surprise on the NFL level.

131. Brian Winters, G Kent State -Trade with Seattle. We trade pick 163 and Brandon Pettigrew for pick #131. Look I wanted Pettigrew to be the best like everyone else but if I have to watch the ball get ripped away from him again I am going to puke. With Jared Cook coming in we can get try to get something for him. Winters played OT for Kent State but looks more like a Guard. He will add depth to the line.

195. Trade with Oakland for their 2014th 6th round pick. Just adding some ammo for next years draft

Depth Chart:
If you donít seem someone on the depth chart assume they were cut and got on with their lives.
LT: Jeff Backus, Corey Hillard
LG: Rob Sims. Brian Winters
C: Dominic Raiola, Dylan Gandy
RG: Larry Warford, Bill Nagy
RT: Riley Reiff, John Fox
TE: Tony Schfeller, Jared Cook, Will Heller
Wr: Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson, Mike Thomas, Kenny Stills, Ryan Bryoles
RB: Mikeal Leshoure, Giovani Bernard, Joique Bell
QB: Matt Stafford, Shaun Hill, Kellen Moore

DE: Lawrence Jackson, Ronnell Lewis
DT: Nick Fairley, Jason Jones
DT: Ndamukong Suh, Sammie Hill
DE Willie Young, Cornelius Washington
OLB: DeAndre Levy, Tahir Whitehead
MLB: Stephen Tulloch, Travis Lewis
OLB: Khaseem Greene, Doug Houge
CB: Chris Houston, Jonte Green
S: Kenny Vaccaro, T.J McDonald
S: Louis Delmas, Ricardo Silva
CB: Bill Bentley, Chris Greenwood
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love trading back and picking up so much ammo in the draft. Only a couple of complaints with what you did with your pics:

Don't like a RB that early.
Don't think we should give Pettigrew away like that.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Roontoona9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Love trading back and picking up so much ammo in the draft. Only a couple of complaints with what you did with your pics:

"Yeah I was back and forth on a RB that soon but whats another one at the top going to hurt" Matt Millen

Its my hate to Pettigrew, I wanted him to be the best TE the Lions ever had but when any DB or Saftey can come up to you and just take the ball away its time to go. We lose enough games other ways
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roontoona9 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:

"Yeah I was back and forth on a RB that soon but whats another one at the top going to hurt" Matt Millen

Its my hate to Pettigrew, I wanted him to be the best TE the Lions ever had but when any DB or Saftey can come up to you and just take the ball away its time to go. We lose enough games other ways

Believe me I understand the Pettigrew hate, I just think he is worth more to us if we line him up as strictly a blocking TE than what you traded him for.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: