Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams release former Jets OT Wayne Hunter
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blah, I see no problem with a thread discussing a potential draft or FA acquisition. Having one blanket thread gets a little confusing and when a guy like Tavon Austin, who is coveted by many of us, is constantly being brought up there is nothing wrong with having an individual thread about him.
derekfelty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so dumb. why did we even trade one of are players for this guy if were only gonna cut him.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekfelty wrote:
This is so dumb. why did we even trade one of are players for this guy if were only gonna cut him.

The Jets cut Jason Smith as well, so really it's a non-factor both ways...

IDOG_det on the sig...
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On subject: Not shocking with the his cap, but I gotta say he did a lot better than most anticipated. He was actually a solid tackle. Not someone that's a cornerstone for a line, but still, he filled in nicely.

Off subject: I've been seeing the thread arguments coming up a lot lately. Things get really messy around here during off-season time. As most of you know, I'm a stickler about consolidation. That being said, I've also been working 70+ hour weeks lately, which is why the Tavon Austin thread didn't get locked. When something like that hits 2 pages, I usually leave it alone because I can assume there is enough discussion to make it a legible thread (however I looked through it and discovered half the posts were 'why does this need its own thread?) Truth be told, it didn't need its own thread. It fits the guideline of general discussion and could have contributed to that thread because Austin is one of our favorite prospects coming out for this draft. Therefore, if there are any more threads about draft prospects, I will lock up that thread and provide a link to the General Thread.

A thread like this, IMO, can be its' own thread. It's not like Wayne Hunter was a practice squad guy, he was part of a trade that got a lot of attention because it involved two underwhelming players that were well known throughout the league for being...well..underwhelming. If Craig Dahl gets released, I will allow that thread to stay open for 2 reasons. 1. It's a move involving a player that caught a lot of scrutiny this season, plus he was a starter. 2. I really want to post that picture of him. You all know the one....

Mock draft threads. Yes, it does kind of bug me seeing tons of them throughout the page. However, this is footballs FUTURE. This is what the site is about. Therefore, I just tell myself, "tough, deal with it." This is one of the biggest football mock draft sites out there, and it's where we all get our kicks. Every member that wants to do a mock can feel free to post it with their own thread. If there were a mock draft thread, their mock would get lost. It's not like threads involving offseason topics, or free agency moves, or draft picks, which is a discussion where you can just jump back and forth in the thread, and discussion is much easier to update. With mocks, the poster is going to be evaluated, and the discussion can offer constructive criticism and insight. That is why I haven't created a "mock draft thread" yet, and I don't plan on doing so. However, if I keep seeing the same user post mocks with a "2.0" right after they made one a day earlier, then keep making "3.0, 4.0, 5.0" I'll just shoot them a message telling them to stop spawning so many.

Okay, I hope that clears some air
Smile I gotta say, it also makes me happy to see so many of you guys being adamant about keeping things organized in threads! I spent the last 2 offseasons fighting clutter, and now it seems my will has been highlighted!

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: