Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams release former Jets OT Wayne Hunter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Rams release former Jets OT Wayne Hunter Reply with quote

Quote:
Rams have released OT Wayne Hunter.

http://twitter.com/jthom1/statuses/309424177247559680

The move saves the Rams $4 million in cap space, so it was a no brainier.

The Rams traded former 2009 2nd overall pick OT Jason Smith for Wayne Hunter last year who was also released this off-season.

Hunter played 14 games for the Rams and started 4 games, Smith played 16 games for the Jets with no starts.
Tom Brady Tribute
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey bro we don't need a thread for this. It goes in the free agent offseason discussion. Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams4eva92 wrote:
Hey bro we don't need a thread for this. It goes in the free agent offseason discussion. Thank you.

Kinda like how a Tavon Austin thread goes in the draft thread?

Think this should have it's own, this can generate interesting discussion , especially since it's a 4 million dollar saving. Hopefully that money can go towards a Loadholt.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

Kinda like how a Tavon Austin thread goes in the draft thread?

Think this should have it's own, this can generate interesting discussion , especially since it's a 4 million dollar saving. Hopefully that money can go towards a Loadholt.

Tavon Austin is going to be on the Rams bro. Hunter is history. I just always get corrected so I decided to correct someone for once lol.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams4eva92 wrote:

Its BillySpikes thing bro.

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

Yeah, you can't really criticize the Spikes. That guy is on it.

Hey look, you got just got corrected again. Laughing

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this move is a surprise but just a matter of when it was going to happen.

Biggest thing I wonder is if Dahl and Mikell get cut or not. If Mikell restructures he won't and I wonder what the Rams think of Dahl's injury and if he'll come back from the injury at the same level.
jjab360

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

Yeah, you can't really criticize the Spikes. That guy is on it.

Hey look, you got just got corrected again. Laughing
Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was considering making a Eric Winston thread to see if I got corrected for it lol but one is already made. This forum is going to get very messy in the next couple of days I feel.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams4eva92 wrote:
I was considering making a Eric Winston thread to see if I got corrected for it lol but one is already made. This forum is going to get very messy in the next couple of days I feel.
When its an actual Move made by the Rams (cut, trade, signing) its completely fine to made a thread about it because it is big news, and deserves its now discussion.

Other teams cuts that you may want the Rams to go after, speculation of intrest in Free Agents or Draft prospects, or other rumors should be going into the catch-all Offseason thread or Draft thread accordingly.

On very rare circumstances should a Rams rumor get their own thread, and that would be if they are really swirling and looking imminent and very impactful; Like the Alex Smith to the Chiefs thing, but for the Rams.
D9-EM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Rams fans around here need to get the sand out of their panties. Rolling Eyes "It's okay to make a thread about this, but not about this. Even though I'm in charge of nothing." lol I say let the forum get messy. It's funny watching some of you cry about it.

Good move by the Rams. Sub-par player that cost too much.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its actually been a long-standing guideline around here, and if you dont like that people try an keep this place the best it can be, then that means you're part of the problem.

Have you seen any of us tell anyone that we make the rules? No, but we are passing along a message that has Multiple times come directly from the Mods of this forum. Self Policing has helped this be one of the best groups on this site, it happens every year around this time, the news heavy cycle, and the first time a bunch of new people are apart of it.
D9-EM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing What about the 16 mocks on the first page? No thread for that? Not a word?

It's cool bro... Your not trying to make the rules. Liar
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D9-EM wrote:
Laughing What about the 16 mocks on the first page? No thread for that? Not a word?
We've NEVER had a Mock Draft thread, so now its pretty obvious that you havent been paying attention.

We have had a General Draft & a General Offseason for many years now, and we have always policed it around here to keep it clear. The point is to not let these threads get buried down the page so discussion on those things all get kept in the same place.

All Mocks are all separate ideas, and often things people spend alot of time on and want to get feed back on. But once that is done, its completely fine to let them fall off the page. When we have a discussion about the same thing over an extended period of time its good to have a place to put that all so people can always find it.

Its the reason RF28 & 2015's jobs are pretty easy, because they dont have to go around locking up threads and laying the hammer down. Because we police ourselves. But sure, keep making things up.
D9-EM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
We've NEVER had a Mock Draft thread, so now its pretty obvious that you havent been paying attention.

I'm actually paying attention to you (telling me whats okay and whats not okay) right now. So you don't make the rules.. You just choose how to interpret them? ahhh The American way. Good job son.

I'm not saying there should be a mock thread. I'm just saying, it's funny how some people react to things. Enforcing their imaginary authority. A lot like my wife.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: