Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos will ask Dumerville to restructure.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncostrings

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Broncos will ask Dumerville to restructure. Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora

Quote:
Broncos like pass rusher Elvis Dumervil, but not at $12M/year. They are seeking a lower deal, and situation could end up with his release...

Broncos going to ask Dumerville to take a pay cut...no surprise, but I would be shocked if he was released.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what's best for the team. I have always been a fan of Elvis, but he is not worth the money we are paying.

And this misspelling just kills me man. He has been on the team for like 6 years haha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically they aren't asking him to restructure...they're asking him to take an actual paycut, i.e., less money.

I really don't know if this is going to happen.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Technically they aren't asking him to restructure...they're asking him to take an actual paycut, i.e., less money.

I really don't know if this is going to happen.

Much more honest appraisal 67. The "restructure" is semantics at it's worst.
broncostrings

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
This is what's best for the team. I have always been a fan of Elvis, but he is not worth the money we are paying.

And this misspelling just kills me man. He has been on the team for like 6 years haha

Lol my phone auto spelled his name...my bad.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are Bronco fans going to start spelling our own players names right?

Dumervil not Dumerville. Hes a person not a city.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See post about yours 27 Laughing

Let's hope he's willing to help the team out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic Lombardi just tweeted that if Dumervil refuses to take a pay cut, they will cut him and sign Dwight Freeney for half of his money. Both of them are similar so i wouldnt be against it but i hope Dumervil will accept.

Thanks to Delphi83 for the incredible sig and Avatar!
Von Miller 2011 DROY!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
broncospride95

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncs4life wrote:
Vic Lombardi just tweeted that if Dumervil refuses to take a pay cut, they will cut him and sign Dwight Freeney for half of his money. Both of them are similar so i wouldnt be against it but i hope Dumervil will accept.

If it's signing Freeney for 6 million to replace Dumervil, then no thank you. IMO Freeney isn't worth anything more than 3 million a year at this point.

I hope Dumervil does take the paycut. Dumervil is much better than Freeney too.

How much money would you guys be willing to pay Doom per year? I think I'd be comfortable giving him 7-8 million.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
broncs4life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
broncs4life wrote:

If it's signing Freeney for 6 million to replace Dumervil, then no thank you. IMO Freeney isn't worth anything more than 3 million a year at this point.

How much money would you guys be willing to pay Doom per year? I think I'd be comfortable giving him 7-8 million.

I agree. I really want him to accept the paycut. But if not, we're gonna sign Freeney for 2 years.

Thanks to Delphi83 for the incredible sig and Avatar!
Von Miller 2011 DROY!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeney had a down year in a new system and due to an injury. 10.5 and 8.5 sacks plus 5 and 2 forced fumbles in his last two seasons in a 4-3. Despite the simplicity... Age is a concern, but his production is not.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Donut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Freeney had a down year in a new system and due to an injury. 10.5 and 8.5 sacks plus 5 and 2 forced fumbles in his last two seasons in a 4-3. Despite the simplicity... Age is a concern, but his production is not.

He's bad against the run. At this point I'd want him as a sub package guy. But then again Dumervil isn't good against the run either. Freeney's on the decline but him and another decent FA can help more.
broncs4life wrote:

Ian Rappoport was tweeting his money becomes guarenteed the 5th day in league yr(17th if IRC) so they have to figure it out by then.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

He's bad against the run. At this point I'd want him as a sub package guy. But then again Dumervil isn't good against the run either. Freeney's on the decline but him and another decent FA can help more.

Never claimed otherwise. Freeney is just the cheaper one trick pony of the two. However, that is already something.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

broncs4life wrote:

Ian Rappoport was tweeting his money becomes guarenteed the 5th day in league yr(17th if IRC) so they have to figure it out by then.
Doom was a big reason why Ridley/Woodyard went to town on Denver this season. Every big run was to his side.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
broncs4life wrote:

I think thats a pretty good number. If he gets cut I believe he would still cost us almost 5 mil in dead money. So pay him a base of 5 mil and a 2 to 3 mil signing bonus. He would still be a little overpaid but would be fair to both sides IMO. This would free up 5 to 6 mil in cap space.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: