Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who will be back with the Raiders in 2013 ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darbsk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see us letting Des Bryant go but i think that would be a big mistake. I honestly feel as if he's on the verge of a major breakout. If we play a solid, disciplined DT next to him I could easily see him playing at a Pro Bowl level next year and racking up 7 to 8 sacks and 50 tackles while being stout against the run. I really think he could be integral to the new look defence moving forward and would pay him as such. Maybe a deal similar to Branch's would keep him, IMO he would be worth it.

Wheeler I would like back but only for decent value and he seems to be wanting to play for an instant contender (though i do beleive with a few good moves we could be jostling for a playoff spot next season). I can see him leaving.

Palmer will be the starter next year, with Pryor fighting to start in 2014. Hopefully he takes a pay cut and proves his desire to lead this team back to the playoffs.

DHB should be cut if he doesn't take a pay cut, he can offer something on shaort to intermaediate routes and YAC but not at his price.

Kelly, McClain are almost certain cuts and Myers will be come a FA.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Agree on Bryant. I think he's on the cusp of being a really good player. He's gotten better each year and the Raiders would be wise to keep him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dont think he is going to be worth what he will get on the market. If it is a reasonable deal fine. But he is going to be 28 mid-season and has never been a full time starter and has always played along side Kelly and Seymour. I would rather pay a guy like Sammie Lee Hill who will be cheaper and who is a year younger and we wont count on for our interior pass rush. Then get draft a penetrating DT that doesnt come with the huge price tag and claim the comp pick for Bryant next season.

I am not saying I want him to leave. Just that I dont think it will matter in the long run if he does. Maybe this season only at the most.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he wants a reasonable price, I definitely think we should keep Bryant. If he wants too much though, I'm with Tibo. At that point you have to be fiscally responsible. Yes, it creates another need to fill but there are a lot of UT prospects in this draft. Short, Spence, Richardson, even Floyd are fine with me if we don't retain him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imo, Bryant's worth is 5M/year. I'm sure it will seem a lot to some but that's what above average starting DTs are getting nowadays.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
I just dont think he is going to be worth what he will get on the market. If it is a reasonable deal fine. But he is going to be 28 mid-season and has never been a full time starter and has always played along side Kelly and Seymour. I would rather pay a guy like Sammie Lee Hill who will be cheaper and who is a year younger and we wont count on for our interior pass rush. Then get draft a penetrating DT that doesnt come with the huge price tag and claim the comp pick for Bryant next season.

I am not saying I want him to leave. Just that I dont think it will matter in the long run if he does. Maybe this season only at the most.

What do you think he will command on the FA market and how much would he be worth to you??

In my mind any rookie draft pick is a big question mark. Even so called 'safe pick' guys can bust or not produce to anticipated levels. We know what we have in Bryant and I really think he's capable of putting together a Pro Bowl type season. We should only get rid of Bryant and replace him with a drafted DT or FA DT if we're absolutely sure we get a better player, if we're going to speculate $ on a player IMO Bryant is our best bet to repay the investment.

I'm not saying the rookie DT couldn't be better than Bryant possibly even an All Pro eventually, but to me it's risk v reward and IMO unless the numbers Bryant wants are huge (or McKenzie and Allen don't think he's above average) it's worth speculating on Bryant who we certainly know more about (sometimes better the Devil you know Laughing ). We can always pair him with a rookie DT if we get the right one aswell.........
Oaktown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Oaktown wrote:
I hope Reggie blows the team up this year. Just take the cap hits this year and be done with it.

Set for June 1st cut McClain,Huff

Other cuts Kelly ,Palmer

Let DHB contract just end unless the team really wants him after next year.

Sign vet qb to compete with Pryor
Oak can find a guard and RT in FA.

Don't waste money on wheeler. He will be 29 prob wants too much money.
Let Meyers walk. Reece ,Ausberry ,Gordan can do what he did.

Des Bryant I'd like to have back but could be too pricey.

Oak should be able to land a bunch of UDFA. Bette chance of playing time and shot to make final 53.

Key is the draft oak needs to land 3 starters

It won't be an easy year but the cap needs to be fixed. I see no reason to waste money on average players when guys like Reece,Houston ,Veldheer need to be resigned next year.

If he would blow it up then why keep McFadden ?

Also it would be hard landing 3 starters with not many picks, no 2nd or a 5th.

Think McFadden is worth keeping this year because this is his contract year players always try to have big year. If you trade him it just adds to dead money.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

What do you think he will command on the FA market and how much would he be worth to you??

In my mind any rookie draft pick is a big question mark. Even so called 'safe pick' guys can bust or not produce to anticipated levels. We know what we have in Bryant and I really think he's capable of putting together a Pro Bowl type season. We should only get rid of Bryant and replace him with a drafted DT or FA DT if we're absolutely sure we get a better player, if we're going to speculate $ on a player IMO Bryant is our best bet to repay the investment.

I'm not saying the rookie DT couldn't be better than Bryant possibly even an All Pro eventually, but to me it's risk v reward and IMO unless the numbers Bryant wants are huge (or McKenzie and Allen don't think he's above average) it's worth speculating on Bryant who we certainly know more about (sometimes better the Devil you know Laughing ). We can always pair him with a rookie DT if we get the right one aswell.........

It is hard to tell but if the interest is really as great as reported than it may be too much. And I dont know anything for sure about Bryant either except that he can be productive when rotated with two DT's that have been in Pro Bowl consideration during Bryants time here. I am just not 100% sold at least for big money.

So again not saying we should let him walk, but if the price is high it is not worth it. Look at guys out there like Wallace Gilberry who want get much more than minumum.

Gilberry for instance has 20.5 sacks and 5FF over 5 seasons only starting 3 games out of 67 total and is stout against the run.

You look at Bryant and he has 11.5 sacks and 3 FF's over 4 seasons but has started 18 times out of 63 total games.

Of course they are not the same player but the illustration is that we should not pay Bryant more just because he happens to be towards the top of this weak DT FA class.

What may help us though is this very thing. With such deep DT draft class other teams may not pay up either.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Imo, Bryant's worth is 5M/year. I'm sure it will seem a lot to some but that's what above average starting DTs are getting nowadays.

Totally agree, as we may have to go slightly above to keep him I'd offer him up to what Branch is getting (good to know I'm not too far off what one of our resident cap experts thinks Very Happy )

Darbsk wrote:
I really think he could be integral to the new look defence moving forward and would pay him as such. Maybe a deal similar to Branch's would keep him, IMO he would be worth it.

ch8878

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for someone to be released or signed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Totally agree, as we may have to go slightly above to keep him I'd offer him up to what Branch is getting (good to know I'm not too far off what one of our resident cap experts thinks Very Happy )

Darbsk wrote:
I really think he could be integral to the new look defence moving forward and would pay him as such. Maybe a deal similar to Branch's would keep him, IMO he would be worth it.

Pass on $5M/per for me.

Anyone have a breakdown on DE Sidbury? Can he stand up? He could be a jack OLB.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay Bryant, let Wheeler walk

Restructure DHB and Palmer

Sign DJ Williams

Resign Myers on the cheap, if not let him walk
raiders006

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont think we bring anyone back this year, maybe wheeler, maybe bryant; certainly not meyers. its so sad that we have so many holes yet we are still so cap strapped we cant even keep the little talent we actually have on this team.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiders006 wrote:
dont think we bring anyone back this year, maybe wheeler, maybe bryant; certainly not meyers. its so sad that we have so many holes yet we are still so cap strapped we cant even keep the little talent we actually have on this team.

That's not true. We can easily fit the 3 guys you mentioned under our current cap space and that's before we even get rid of Kelly and DHB, or designate McClain a post june 1st cut. If we don't, it's because we don't want to commit to them long term and they'd rather look somewhere else for a contract.
raiders006

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man i really hope youre right; would love it if we resign bryant and wheeler.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: