Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who will be back with the Raiders in 2013 ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilcrazycat1 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
lilcrazycat1 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Raiders need to pay up and keep Bryant. He's a solid player, young and will only get better. Those are the FA that they need to build with.

id rather them not overpay to keep him around to be honest.. id prefer to let him walk if he wants a big deal, get a comp pick for him next year and draft floyd this year

Floyd and Bryant would be a nice tandem. Losing Bryant, just creates another need unless Bilukidi is ready to start.

i agree but i have a feeling the market for bryant will get crazy.. i feel we missed our chance last year to lock him up

We are in a gun fight with a water pistol. We have no cap room and teams interested in Bryant like the Browns have plenty of money to p1ss away.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only player I'm worried about retaining is Bryant. Everyone else is expendable.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Let them all go, right now, this year, not in 2014. I need some hope for the future. Confused

+1

So tired of overpaying FA role players for their loyalty.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
RaiderX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilcrazycat1 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
lilcrazycat1 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Raiders need to pay up and keep Bryant. He's a solid player, young and will only get better. Those are the FA that they need to build with.

id rather them not overpay to keep him around to be honest.. id prefer to let him walk if he wants a big deal, get a comp pick for him next year and draft floyd this year

Floyd and Bryant would be a nice tandem. Losing Bryant, just creates another need unless Bilukidi is ready to start.

i agree but i have a feeling the market for bryant will get crazy.. i feel we missed our chance last year to lock him up

I heard Bryant is on the Browns radar already. Tough to judge the kind of year he was gonna have. FO wanted to see if he would continue to develop rather than sign a guy who made a few plays here and there the year before, to a 3 year contract. Bryant should be the top priority though.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be back and every season you guys have me getting cut.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only ones I hope we retain are Wheeler & Bryant. I'll include Palmer too, but only for a discounted price.

The rest should & hopefully will be let go.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
God I hate how broke this team is..between Al and Hue this team can't hold on to even the average talent we have..

We can. It's just a matter of who we want to keep. We were able to overpay for Tyvon Branch and Mike Brisiel last year when we were in a much more difficult situation. If we want to keep some of our guys this year, we definitely can.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

It'd be as nice a tandem as teaming up Kelly and Seymour together. 43 DTs have to complement each other. Floyd and Bryant don't complement each other at all.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

It'd be as nice a tandem as teaming up Kelly and Seymour together. 43 DTs have to complement each other. Floyd and Bryant don't complement each other at all.

+1, they'd get tossed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheeler and Bryant have to be priorities for us. Could care less about the others.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

bingo.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
ch8878

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Report: Raiders expected to release Rolando McClain

According to Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle, “all indications are” the Raiders will release middle linebacker Rolando McClain on Tuesday, the start of the 2013 league year. Per the Chronicle report, releasing McClain on Tuesday will result in a salary-cap hit of more than $7 million, but the penalty can be taken over two seasons.

Quote:
The San Francisco Chronicle expects the Raiders to release LB Rolando McClain after the start of free agency on March 12.
Waiting allows the Raiders to spread McClain's $7.26 million in dead money over the next two seasons. Only serviceable on the field, McClain's issues off of it should severely limit his market.

Can't say I'm not happy about this one because I am. Razz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Floyd and Bryant, can compliment each other then why not Houston and Bryant? Houston and Floyd are mirror images of each other, I would give more to Houston for his tenacity. I really don't want us to draft Floyd, not sold at all on this guy. Star is a better prospect in my mind.

Desmond Bryant is seriously worth retaining as well as Wheeler.

With all these players going elsewhere and getting cut. Makes me think Geno Smith will be the pick more and more.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Reggie blows the team up this year. Just take the cap hits this year and be done with it.

Set for June 1st cut McClain,Huff

Other cuts Kelly ,Palmer

Let DHB contract just end unless the team really wants him after next year.

Sign vet qb to compete with Pryor
Oak can find a guard and RT in FA.

Don't waste money on wheeler. He will be 29 prob wants too much money.
Let Meyers walk. Reece ,Ausberry ,Gordan can do what he did.

Des Bryant I'd like to have back but could be too pricey.

Oak should be able to land a bunch of UDFA. Bette chance of playing time and shot to make final 53.

Key is the draft oak needs to land 3 starters

It won't be an easy year but the cap needs to be fixed. I see no reason to waste money on average players when guys like Reece,Houston ,Veldheer need to be resigned next year.
ch8878

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oaktown wrote:
I hope Reggie blows the team up this year. Just take the cap hits this year and be done with it.

Set for June 1st cut McClain,Huff

Other cuts Kelly ,Palmer

Let DHB contract just end unless the team really wants him after next year.

Sign vet qb to compete with Pryor
Oak can find a guard and RT in FA.

Don't waste money on wheeler. He will be 29 prob wants too much money.
Let Meyers walk. Reece ,Ausberry ,Gordan can do what he did.

Des Bryant I'd like to have back but could be too pricey.

Oak should be able to land a bunch of UDFA. Bette chance of playing time and shot to make final 53.

Key is the draft oak needs to land 3 starters

It won't be an easy year but the cap needs to be fixed. I see no reason to waste money on average players when guys like Reece,Houston ,Veldheer need to be resigned next year.

If he would blow it up then why keep McFadden ?

Also it would be hard landing 3 starters with not many picks, no 2nd or a 5th.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: