Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Let the rumors in FA begin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 19221
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Anyone else find it odd that Andre Smith isn't signed yet and we haven't heard about him visiting any other teams either? You figure someone would bring him in for a weight check, I mean workout, right?

I find it odd that there isn't even chatter about the Bengals talking to his agent. After the Long deal was wrapped up, i thought it was only matter of days before he signed somewhere. Clearly, i was wrong.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16921
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Pacman is signed, I see a run of other FA's we want getting signed shortly...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16921
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@TomPelissero 4m
May be some contracts not yet filed, but #Bengals ($31.5M), #Browns ($29.6M), #Jaguars ($27.9M) still sitting on mountains of cap space.

_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 19221
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Quote:
@TomPelissero 4m
May be some contracts not yet filed, but #Bengals ($31.5M), #Browns ($29.6M), #Jaguars ($27.9M) still sitting on mountains of cap space.

A few million toward draft picks, then they can roll over about 11 right? I still except most of the remaining to be used on extensions/signings for Andre, MJ93, Geno and Dunlap. So it's not as much as we'd like to think.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16921
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Quote:
@TomPelissero 4m
May be some contracts not yet filed, but #Bengals ($31.5M), #Browns ($29.6M), #Jaguars ($27.9M) still sitting on mountains of cap space.

A few million toward draft picks, then they can roll over about 11 right? I still except most of the remaining to be used on extensions/signings for Andre, MJ93, Geno and Dunlap. So it's not as much as we'd like to think.


Just hoping it's actually used for MJ93, Geno and Dunlap's extensions. Push $11m into next season to extend AJ Green and Dalton (get him while he's relatively cheap)...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16921
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like this:

Quote:
And from what could be deduced this week at the Arizona Biltmore, the Andre Smith negotiations are still shrouded in mystery. Although the Bengals and agent Ben Dogra were on site, it didn't appear that they met. If they did, it wasn't publicly and Dogra was fairly public when he was seen at various times talking with the Lions and Patriots.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Mo-expectations/b9a24b18-1c70-4ea2-a719-45b1ba79c68b

_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15756
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Quote:
@TomPelissero 4m
May be some contracts not yet filed, but #Bengals ($31.5M), #Browns ($29.6M), #Jaguars ($27.9M) still sitting on mountains of cap space.

A few million toward draft picks, then they can roll over about 11 right? I still except most of the remaining to be used on extensions/signings for Andre, MJ93, Geno and Dunlap. So it's not as much as we'd like to think.


Just hoping it's actually used for MJ93, Geno and Dunlap's extensions. Push $11m into next season to extend AJ Green and Dalton (get him while he's relatively cheap)...


I'm not sure if we'll give big money to Dunlap. He's had a lot of injury issues.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16921
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jim (Ohio): What are you hearing about the Bengals being able to resign Andre Smith?

Jamison Hensley (ESPN): It sounds good. Teams are apparently worried about giving Smith too much money. There's questions about whether he'll still be motivated. If Bengals don't re-sign him, there are plenty of options in the draft. But none are as athletic as Smith.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/67608/chat-rewind-talking-offensive-lines-2


See. I'm not the only one worried about giving Fat Boy a lot of dough...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15756
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Quote:
Jim (Ohio): What are you hearing about the Bengals being able to resign Andre Smith?

Jamison Hensley (ESPN): It sounds good. Teams are apparently worried about giving Smith too much money. There's questions about whether he'll still be motivated. If Bengals don't re-sign him, there are plenty of options in the draft. But none are as athletic as Smith.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/67608/chat-rewind-talking-offensive-lines-2


See. I'm not the only one worried about giving Fat Boy a lot of dough...


7 figure workout and weight clauses. Any team not insisting on them is nuts.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16921
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@AdamSchefter 48s
Former 49ers WR Ted Ginn is signing a one-year deal with the Carolina Panthers.


There goes us getting Ginn. Probably means we're going to re-sign *gulp* Tate...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 6129
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Quote:
@AdamSchefter 48s
Former 49ers WR Ted Ginn is signing a one-year deal with the Carolina Panthers.


There goes us getting Ginn. Probably means we're going to re-sign *gulp* Tate...



_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5740
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why resign Tate? We have 10 draft picks and not a bunch of holes to fill. Surely they can find a decent return specialist somewhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15756
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Why resign Tate? We have 10 draft picks and not a bunch of holes to fill. Surely they can find a decent return specialist somewhere.


Onterio McCaleb and his 4.2 speed would be interesting returning kicks. 6/7 round projection.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23510
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
Why resign Tate? We have 10 draft picks and not a bunch of holes to fill. Surely they can find a decent return specialist somewhere.


Onterio McCaleb and his 4.2 speed would be interesting returning kicks. 6/7 round projection.


Anything but Tate. His decision making was atrocious
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16921
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
Why resign Tate? We have 10 draft picks and not a bunch of holes to fill. Surely they can find a decent return specialist somewhere.


Onterio McCaleb and his 4.2 speed would be interesting returning kicks. 6/7 round projection.


Ace Sanders is the returner I want. Beast in the return game. Devin Hester-esque...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 14 of 21

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group