You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Let the rumors in FA begin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ark23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
sparky151 wrote:
Zack Robinson has exhausted his practice squad eligibility. We shouldn't carry 3 QBs on the active roster so the 3rd guy will have to pass through waivers to get to the practice squad. So he won't be a high draft pick, probably a 5th or later round guy.

Zack Robinson is an interesting case. When he first got some reps for us, I thought he looked awful. But last season he looked pretty good in the preseason. I liked him more than Gradkowski.

Who knows what the coaches think of him, but if they aren't planning on using a roster spot on him then I wouldn't have a problem using a 3rd round pick or later on a QB...

Personally I'm not a fan of Zac Robinson. I think he's a very replaceable player. Agreed he showed promise but I really wouldn't be comfortable with him as our backup.

I know people are frustrated with Gradkowski, but I'd be fine if we went into next year with him as our backup. I think he can win a few games as a spot starter if need be, especially if we upgrade the other key need areas and the defensive side of the ball.

I think if we went to Clemson it was to look at Malliciah Goodwin. I think he'd could play that DE/DT role for us where if we needed to we could shift him to DT situationally. Could be a rotational guy along our line. Better suited to five tech in a 3-4 if you ask me, but long guy who is an impressive athlete.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
sparky151 wrote:
Zack Robinson has exhausted his practice squad eligibility. We shouldn't carry 3 QBs on the active roster so the 3rd guy will have to pass through waivers to get to the practice squad. So he won't be a high draft pick, probably a 5th or later round guy.

Zack Robinson is an interesting case. When he first got some reps for us, I thought he looked awful. But last season he looked pretty good in the preseason. I liked him more than Gradkowski.

Who knows what the coaches think of him, but if they aren't planning on using a roster spot on him then I wouldn't have a problem using a 3rd round pick or later on a QB...

Personally I'm not a fan of Zac Robinson. I think he's a very replaceable player. Agreed he showed promise but I really wouldn't be comfortable with him as our backup.

I know people are frustrated with Gradkowski, but I'd be fine if we went into next year with him as our backup. I think he can win a few games as a spot starter if need be, especially if we upgrade the other key need areas and the defensive side of the ball.

I think if we went to Clemson it was to look at Malliciah Goodwin. I think he'd could play that DE/DT role for us where if we needed to we could shift him to DT situationally. Could be a rotational guy along our line. Better suited to five tech in a 3-4 if you ask me, but long guy who is an impressive athlete.

Andre Ellington or Hopkins i would say...

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want hopkins to become a Bengal
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as we were targeting Kendall Wright last year before he was selected in front of us and we traded back for Zeitler, i wouldn't be surprised at all if we took Hopkins. IMO, Hopkins is the better player anyway. Has the size, ability to stretch the field, great hands etc.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
ark23

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
ark23 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
sparky151 wrote:

I expect us to look at them but I actually think Goodwin is the most likely to be a Bengal. I'd love Hopkins in round two or Ellington in round three. I just don't expect us to go WR before the third round because I think that we are comfortable with Sanu and Marvin Jones. But Hopkins would be a great fit for our scheme and a great complementary player to AJ. And I think we may look for another bigger back, Lacy, Le'Veon Bell and Christine Micheal are three guys I think we will look at. I might be wrong but I think if we take a 3rd down/COP guy it'll be in free agency or a late rounder like Dennis Johnson or Ray Graham.

Just the feel I'm getting. But it's really up in the air at this point.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see Hopkins as an option at 37. Ellington has not impressed in the offseason leading up to the draft, but he has some nice game tape. Not sure how much of an upgrade he'd be over Peerman though. If we get a change of pace back, I want it to be somebody who can break one at any time.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
sparky151

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
ark23 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
sparky151 wrote:

I expect us to look at them but I actually think Goodwin is the most likely to be a Bengal. I'd love Hopkins in round two or Ellington in round three. I just don't expect us to go WR before the third round because I think that we are comfortable with Sanu and Marvin Jones. But Hopkins would be a great fit for our scheme and a great complementary player to AJ. And I think we may look for another bigger back, Lacy, Le'Veon Bell and Christine Micheal are three guys I think we will look at. I might be wrong but I think if we take a 3rd down/COP guy it'll be in free agency or a late rounder like Dennis Johnson or Ray Graham.

Why would the team be satisfied with Sanu and Jones? They were taken to replace Simpson and Caldwell. They certainly didn't do so last year and there's no particular reason to expect a lot more from them next year. Hopefully Sanu stays healthy but the Bengals need much more dangerous players than Mo and Marvin. They're good backups not starting material.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
ark23 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
ark23 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
sparky151 wrote:

Why would the team be satisfied with Sanu and Jones? They were taken to replace Simpson and Caldwell. They certainly didn't do so last year and there's no particular reason to expect a lot more from them next year. Hopefully Sanu stays healthy but the Bengals need much more dangerous players than Mo and Marvin. They're good backups not starting material.

Lets be real here. Everyone knows our achilles heel right now is out passing game. Aside from AJ, no one else is really a 'threat'. Baby hawk is brilliant in the slot, but is pretty much one dimensional. He can't really get deep, and is best utilized on screens and such. Same goes with Sanu, great on 3rd and 6's, but defenses won't put too much concern into his game. Marvin Jones has potential to fill that #2 WO spot but its a long shot.

I honestly vision our draft something like this:

1. DeAndre Hopkins WR
2a. Alec Ogletree
2b. Andre Ellington
3. LB/CB/DE

My gut feeling is that the emphasis of the draft will be on surrounding a 'struggling' Dalton with weapons. Our defense with Zimmer will always produce top 10 ability no matter who we draft him. Offense is a different story though.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
HangOnSloopy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayes ran the drills at the A&M pro day. We had two Defensive coaches in attendance. Speculation that we are really interested in Damontre Moore.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HangOnSloopy wrote:
Hayes ran the drills at the A&M pro day. We had two Defensive coaches in attendance. Speculation that we are really interested in Damontre Moore.

He has had a bad offseason, but I can see them taking him to play SLb

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully theyre looking at Banks and Porter. Not a fan of Moore.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright fellas. FA is just around the corner. Who are guys we are gonna target tm?
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
Alright fellas. FA is just around the corner. Who are guys we are gonna target tm?

Our own players and not likely anyone under the age of 29 from another team

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:

Our own players and not likely anyone under the age of 29 from another team

That sums it up. Plus guys at positions we lose our own guys at.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@REALPACMAN24: In the airport headed to Cin

To sign a contract with the Bengals I'm hoping. Or just flying back home...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: