You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Let the rumors in FA begin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Winston can get more than 5-6 mill TBH. At least 5 teams have shown interest in him already. Not to mention he was easily a top 10 RT last year.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
I know Adam jones had a good season last year. Do you guys expect to resign him or let dre take take over.
Also do you think he could excel on the nickel? And what kind of contract do you expect him to get? Annual?

Thanks guys

Edit: I think Goldson would be a great addition to your d. He can set the tone and lay the wood. Also his coverage is much improved. Would help take your d to the next level. You guys should pay da man Laughing

Adam Jones is best at NCB but he improved a lot playing on the outside last season. His technique was very inconsistent which is what lead to him getting burnt by Andre Johnson in the playoffs 2 years ago. Last year he was much better and playing the way Zimmer wanted him to.

Hopefully we can resign him. Can never have enough good corners...
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
I know Adam jones had a good season last year. Do you guys expect to resign him or let dre take take over.
Also do you think he could excel on the nickel? And what kind of contract do you expect him to get? Annual?

Thanks guys

Edit: I think Goldson would be a great addition to your d. He can set the tone and lay the wood. Also his coverage is much improved. Would help take your d to the next level. You guys should pay da man Laughing

Oh i see how it is. Everyone in the world makes fun of the Bengals for signing "another jailbird" a few years ago, and now he's going to be everyone's favorite mocked signing.

Well hands off pooky! He's ours!

In all sincerity, he should get a 3-4 year deal worth a few million per year. He's good, but not great. Zimmer has helped him with his technique, but he's probably one of the worst in this secondary at technique. If Zim can't teach it to him, i'm afraid he would fall apart in other defenses (though maybe not the 9ers).

~T.S. Eliot
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

Thanks guys

Oh i see how it is. Everyone in the world makes fun of the Bengals for signing "another jailbird" a few years ago, and now he's going to be everyone's favorite mocked signing.

Well hands off pooky! He's ours!

In all sincerity, he should get a 3-4 year deal worth a few million per year. He's good, but not great. Zimmer has helped him with his technique, but he's probably one of the worst in this secondary at technique. If Zim can't teach it to him, i'm afraid he would fall apart in other defenses (though maybe not the 9ers).

its just more fun that way Laughing
but our staff seems okay with taking a chance on a guy if the price is cheap. we grabbed cox after his problem, also brought in jacobs and moss (not criminal issues, but had issues)

i just am not a fan of rogers and what we're paying him. so trying to learn about some options other than the draft

thanks guys!

new sig... sorry alex
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Gholdston, but think Delmas could be cheaper. But he isn't as durable. But I don't want to pay 8 million for a safety. Not unless its an elite player.

We need to bring Jones back. He really played well last year. Add in Kirkpatrick and I really like our corners

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals visit Clemson's Pro Day. Hobson thinks that they might be targeting Nassib, which is possible. Is he unaware that DeAndre Hopkins and Andre Ellington are there as well, and fit positions of need?

http://blogs.bengals.com/2013/03/07/bengals-in-orangeland/
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Bengals visit Clemson's Pro Day. Hobson thinks that they might be targeting Nassib, which is possible. Is he unaware that DeAndre Hopkins and Andre Ellington are there as well, and fit positions of need?

I see Nassib going in the 1st 3 rounds, dont want to use a pick on him that early

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

I see Nassib going in the 1st 3 rounds, dont want to use a pick on him that early

Depends on what we do in FA. If we sign players like Phillip Wheeler, Reggie Bush, Dawan Landry, etc.. (Not all of them, just some) I would be ok with using a 3rd on him.

If we don't address safety, rb or grab some decent LB depth, then no...
HangOnSloopy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Wilson!?!
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HangOnSloopy wrote:
Adrian Wilson!?!

Saw that release. He's just the kind of player they'd sign to replace Crocker. Can't see the team drafting a safety after 10 years of ignoring the position.

~T.S. Eliot
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
HangOnSloopy wrote:
Adrian Wilson!?!

Saw that release. He's just the kind of player they'd sign to replace Crocker. Can't see the team drafting a safety after 10 years of ignoring the position.

I see it and I don't see it with Adrian Wilson. He's got the size and experience that Zimmer wants, but he's not good in coverage. Crocker's forte when he first came over was coverage (Safety/Nickel CB role).

The more and more I look at all the free agent safeties, I think Glover Quin would be the best fit to replace Crocker...
sparky151

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:

Nassib played for Syracuse.

If Andre walks the team might sign a high profile free agent, otherwise we'll work through the free agent middle class, especially on defense.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See what happens when you scan them too quickly? I was reading Syracuse all the while thinking Clemson. Oops Embarassed

As others have said, we need to get a younger backup QB, but with all the holes elsewhere, if they aren't filled in free agency, we can't afford to waste high picks on a backup.
sparky151

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't need a young QB as Andy's replacement. We need a backup QB who can come off the bench with limited practice snaps but still give us a chance to win. Don Strock would be the model so someone like Hasselbeck, Kolb, or Henne might fit the bill.

Zack Robinson has exhausted his practice squad eligibility. We shouldn't carry 3 QBs on the active roster so the 3rd guy will have to pass through waivers to get to the practice squad. So he won't be a high draft pick, probably a 5th or later round guy.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
Zack Robinson has exhausted his practice squad eligibility. We shouldn't carry 3 QBs on the active roster so the 3rd guy will have to pass through waivers to get to the practice squad. So he won't be a high draft pick, probably a 5th or later round guy.

Zack Robinson is an interesting case. When he first got some reps for us, I thought he looked awful. But last season he looked pretty good in the preseason. I liked him more than Gradkowski.

Who knows what the coaches think of him, but if they aren't planning on using a roster spot on him then I wouldn't have a problem using a 3rd round pick or later on a QB...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21

Jump to: