Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jason LaConfora: I see Lions interested in Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LionsFan#1Pick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
I want him. We're not talking about a great player, we're talking about a once in a generation player. If we dont have to give up too much, and we can clear him medically, I want him.

Well, what would constitute "giving up too much" for you? I would love to have Revis obviously as would 31 other teams, but I'm just not sure it's possible to make the money work.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
I want him. We're not talking about a great player, we're talking about a once in a generation player. If we dont have to give up too much, and we can clear him medically, I want him.

Word is he wants 12-16 million a season. Still want him?

That'd be like 50-60% of our cap tied up in 4 players (Stafford, Revis, Suh, Johnson) with 49 other guys you need to sign to fill out a roster.

Not to mention we're probably looking to be out 1st/2nd this year and a high pick next year or something along those lines.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:

But they will have to pay a great deal and then negotiate a contract. It's not going to happen.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course we'd like to have him, but if he doesn't want to play cheap, then we just can't get him.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those wanting Revis are also making a big assumption that there will be no loss of ability after his injury.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Maverick12

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's absolutely no way we can afford him, even if we re-do Stafford's deal. Even if we had the cap space to sign him I still wouldn't do it, he seems to be too much of a distraction every offseason.

If we do sign him to a long-term deal, our team would consist of CJ, Stafford, Revis, and a bunch of scrubs, and would just put us in the same cap situation we're in now.

So while it's nice to think about adding Revis to this team, there's a 99.9% chance it doesn't happen.

I still think he ends up in Tampa.

Sig credit: Smack

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
There's absolutely no way we can afford him, even if we re-do Stafford's deal. Even if we had the cap space to sign him I still wouldn't do it, he seems to be too much of a distraction every offseason.

If we do sign him to a long-term deal, our team would consist of CJ, Stafford, Revis, and a bunch of scrubs, and would just put us in the same cap situation we're in now.

So while it's nice to think about adding Revis to this team, there's a 99.9% chance it doesn't happen.

I still think he ends up in Tampa.

Possibly as a safety. I'm curious to see if his need recovers sufficiently to allow him to play CB.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a player, I'd love to have a Revis-esque guy on our team. As for the situation, couldn't be worse. Revis is coming off a major injury. We'd have to give up alot of pick/money compensation, which we need to fill out our already barren roster and he'll be looking for a new contract every couple years as he plays well. No thank you.

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
rocket

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need more help then a shut down corner. We don't need to waste all of our $ on one player when we need a lot more upgrades at different positions.
LION KING

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remember Deon Sanders he was worth every penny and won Super bowls almost every where he went you don't get a shot at players like him every day if we can get a shut down corner why not pull the trigger!

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
I just remember Deon Sanders he was worth every penny and won Super bowls almost every where he went you don't get a shot at players like him every day if we can get a shut down corner why not pull the trigger!

1. It remains to be seen how effective he is after surgery. It's much more difficult for a CB to retain efficiency after knee surgery than it is for a WR or RB.

2. $$$$$$ Revis is a free agent following next season. His contract stipulates he can't be tagged.

If Revis was playing at the same level as he was prior to the injury and was signed long term it might be worth acquiring him.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
The Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:

Deion won two Super Bowls on already established and talent laden teams. Sure, he was a nice piece to the puzzle, but let's not act like he was the main catalyst of those championships. Revis isn't even as good as Deion to begin with, and he's coming off a major injury. Putting him on the Lions isn't going to suddenly turn us into the 90's Cowboys or 49ers either, especially when the rest of the roster is pieced together from the bargain bin.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lurker wrote:
LION KING wrote:

Deion won two Super Bowls on already established and talent laden teams. Sure, he was a nice piece to the puzzle, but let's not act like he was the main catalyst of those championships. Revis isn't even as good as Deion to begin with, and he's coming off a major injury. Putting him on the Lions isn't going to suddenly turn us into the 90's Cowboys or 49ers either, specially when the rest of the roster is pieced together from the bargain bin.

If the Lions acquire Revis, new players will come from the Salvation Army.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
LION KING wrote:

1. It remains to be seen how effective he is after surgery. It's much more difficult for a CB to retain efficiency after knee surgery than it is for a WR or RB.

2. $$$$$$ Revis is a free agent following next season. His contract stipulates he can't be tagged.

If Revis was playing at the same level as he was prior to the injury and was signed long term it might be worth acquiring him.

People tend to just ignore his injury and contract demands

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
LION KING wrote:

People tend to just ignore his injury and contract demands

Well, since the Lions FO lacks vision, I am sure they will trade for him anyhow, right?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: