Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jason LaConfora: I see Lions interested in Revis
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Jason LaConfora: I see Lions interested in Revis Reply with quote

Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora

Jets desire to deal Revis never was in question. Woody Johnson made that clear during GM hiring process, as reported. Finding value is issue

@JasonLaCanfora

Teams I'd look at as possible suitors for Revis would include SF, WSH (need cap room), TB, IND, DET (must redo Stafford) ...

I have never heard our name be a possibility because of cap issues. Are you guys still for or against it? Would it be worth it now that the combine is over and we have a better feel for the prospects?

Sig bet
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure how they afford him.

His contract voids after next season and it has a condition that the tag can't be used.

So how much would he want in that next contract?

Personally I think guys like this are simply more trouble than they're worth.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
DrRay11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. That's just Canfora's opinion. Restructuring Stafford is not going to give us the flex to take on Revis AND fill out our roster with anything above pure garbage.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
I agree. That's just Canfora's opinion. Restructuring Stafford is not going to give us the flex to take on Revis AND fill out our roster with anything above pure garbage.

Yep. Re-structure Stafford and I think we could do a few things to improve the roster with the money available.

If we bring on Revis instead then we get a superstar CB but we would have many holes to fill with low end players-vet minimum and whatnot.

Revis would be great to have on this team but he is still too expensive and we have too many question marks. I would still want to pass.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
Yes it is his opinion. I stated that to the best of my abilities.

I don't think I'd want him like stated above. He seems to have problems every few years with his contract. Plus we dunno how he is after surgery.

Sig bet
stylish313

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:

Yep. Re-structure Stafford and I think we could do a few things to improve the roster with the money available.

If we bring on Revis instead then we get a superstar CB but we would have many holes to fill with low end players-vet minimum and whatnot.

Revis would be great to have on this team but he is still too expensive and we have too many question marks. I would still want to pass.
Not only that, but the Jets will want high-end draft compensation, and the Lions will likely loose Revis next season only to receive mid round draft compensation.
EhJae

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to have Revis join this defense but I think it would cost too much, draft picks and his new contract.
#71 Riley Reiff
YlionsY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
Yes it is his opinion. I stated that to the best of my abilities.

I don't think I'd want him like stated above. He seems to have problems every few years with his contract. Plus we dunno how he is after surgery.

Do you think they have some concerns about his ability when he returns? Or is it just money/contract issues?

I don't think Revis deserves what he would get in a trade pre-injury especially with the type of injury he had.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad told me Adam Schefter said on ESPN radio that NY will be "lucky" to get a 2nd and 3rd for Revis.

Sig bet
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
My dad told me Adam Schefter said on ESPN radio that NY will be "lucky" to get a 2nd and 3rd for Revis.

When a player is getting actively shopped in the NFL, he's as good as gone. Teams know the Jets aren't going to pay him, so they don't have to ship off a 1st round pick--he'll just get released if they can't find a suitor, and then he's just off to the highest bidder.

La Canfora is just speculating based on teams who have notoriously poor secondaries. The Lions don't have room for Revis and I wouldn't expect him (or any other high-priced free agent) to fit here.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every team in the league is interested in Revis. I'm sure the Lions are too, but if they bring him in here and pay him the QB money that he wants then they won't be able to field a roster. They'll just be Suh, Calvin, Stafford, Revis and a bunch of scrubs.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In theory would it be nice to have Revis? Of course.

Fact is the Lions aren't in a position to give up the picks and money to make it happen and still fill out a competitive roster.

I'd be shocked if it happened.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
In theory would it be nice to have Revis? Of course.

Fact is the Lions aren't in a position to give up the picks and money to make it happen and still fill out a competitive roster.

I'd be shocked if it happened.

Exactly. If the Lions were one piece away from a Super Bowl then great... go get him. But they're a LONG way away from being there. They can't afford to dump all their money into a handful of stars. They need to build a team first.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are gonna blow money sign scrabble and keep picks

This team needs built via draft

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want him. We're not talking about a great player, we're talking about a once in a generation player. If we dont have to give up too much, and we can clear him medically, I want him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: