Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Our #1 pick may suck, but look at Brandon Flowers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Our #1 pick may suck, but look at Brandon Flowers Reply with quote

I know we all wish our #1 pick was in a year with a sure fire franchise QB, but look at the bright side...we are still in the AFC, which is a blessing to make up for the curse of having the #1 pick the worst possible year.

Arrow Brady & Manning will only be around at a high level a couple more years.

Arrow Rivers will be 32 and we're not even sure he's still elite or if the Chargers will have a good enough team around him to contend.

Arrow Flacco is still young, but has always been inconsistent and even if that changes a bit, he'll never be truly elite and his contract and the exit of Lewis and Reed make it very hard to see the Ravens as top dogs in the near future.

Arrow Big Ben will be 31 and is still upper echelon for now....their D seems to be declining and while they will still likely be a perennial contender with him and a strong HC, it's hard to see them as strong as in years past.

The Texans should remain a threat, but like us don't have a top QB...that leaves Luck and the Colts as the only possible team (at this point) that within the next few years will for sure have a major advantage over us at QB...and they still have a few holes to fill to become a perennial contender, depending on how fast Luck becomes elite. The scene is changing and before long there will be teams make the SB without players named Tom/Peyton/Ben/Ray.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In contrast, look at the NFC:

RG3
Eli
Vick
Romo
Rodgers
Cutler
Stafford
Brees
Newton
Ryan
Freeman
Bradford
Wilson
Kaep

Nearly all those QB's have a chance to keep their teams competitive and elite for years to come other than the older guys-Brees, Eli, Vick, and Romo/ Obviously not all teams will be contenders every year cuz there's too much competition.

Nic, this is a good thread for those other fans discussing "damned if we do/dont". Of course, they'd still come up with reasons why we have no chance, like our defense sucks and Alex Smith will never take you anywhere regardless of the competition. I'd much rather be in our position now than the Ravens, that's for sure.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting perspective. I hadn't thought about it this way before.

While I'm not ready to right off Rivers and especially not Ben, the QB position seems to be way more established in the NFC then the AFC.

So, with that knowledge, does that make people more or less inclined to take a shot on Geno?

^ryknowssd on the sig
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Our #1 pick may suck, but look at Brandon Flowers Reply with quote

I thought I'd check this out.

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

Arrow Rivers will be 32 and we're not even sure he's still elite or if the Chargers will have a good enough team around him to contend.

Arrow Flacco is still young, but has always been inconsistent and even if that changes a bit, he'll never be truly elite and his contract and the exit of Lewis and Reed make it very hard to see the Ravens as top dogs in the near future.

Arrow Big Ben will be 31 and is still upper echelon for now....their D seems to be declining and while they will still likely be a perennial contender with him and a strong HC, it's hard to see them as strong as in years past.

The Texans should remain a threat, but like us don't have a top QB...that leaves Luck and the Colts as the only possible team (at this point) that within the next few years will for sure have a major advantage over us at QB...and they still have a few holes to fill to become a perennial contender, depending on how fast Luck becomes elite. The scene is changing and before long there will be teams make the SB without players named Tom/Peyton/Ben/Ray.

Okay, first big problem here...you're basically assuming that everyone gets worse and no one gets better (except the Colts). Will the Broncos and Pats decline? Yes, soon-ish...but that still might be a few years away. Will the Ravens and Steelers decline? Maybe (but Lewis and Reed are not the reasons for that), but their QBs still have quite a bit of time left and they're always great drafters.

But we're still ignoring about 10 teams in the AFC. The Bengals are a back to back playoff team. The Chargers are always a sleeping giant with Rivers. Tannehill looks promising for Miami. And of course, any other team could find their franchise QB and catapult themselves into contention. The AFC is completely horrible right now, but it's more likely to get better than it is to get worse simply because you can't sustain a conference with that many bad teams.

Quote:
Nic, this is a good thread for those other fans discussing "damned if we do/dont". Of course, they'd still come up with reasons why we have no chance, like our defense sucks and Alex Smith will never take you anywhere regardless of the competition.

Well, for your defense having so many supposed elite players, they still looked pretty bad last year. People's doubts are legitimate.

Quote:
I'd much rather be in our position now than the Ravens, that's for sure.

Not to be rude, but this is...too ridiculous for words. And my new sig quote.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Our #1 pick may suck, but look at Brandon Flowers Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

This is hilarious. Possibly the best post I have seen on FF. You'd rather be the Chiefs, who went 2-14 and have the number one overall pick in a year with the worst draft in a long time in terms of top tier talent, then the reining SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS, who just signed the super bowl MVP to a long term deal...Come on son.

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Our #1 pick may suck, but look at Brandon Flowers Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is hilarious. Possibly the best post I have seen on FF. You'd rather be the Chiefs, who went 2-14 and have the number one overall pick in a year with the worst draft in a long time in terms of top tier talent, then the reining SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS, who just signed the super bowl MVP to a long term deal...Come on son.

Pretty sure that's NOT what he meant. If he meant what I think he did, being a Steeler fan, I agree with him.

Look at the Ravens and I mean really look at them for a minute. Their best Safety is probaby entering the last season of his career, if he even stays with the team. They just had Ray Lewis retire, they're losing Paul Kruger(more than likely) to Free Agency, Ngata has struggled with injury as of late, albeit still a very dominant player, their best CB, Cary Williams, is leaving for Free Agency. Anquan Boldin, who will likely stick around, may not, is older and near the end of his career more than likely.

There is some subtantial youth on that team but there is also some substantial age and furthermore, question marks. I DON'T believe the Ravens will be on top for long. Right now the Ravens are in a position of likely thinking 'they got it good'. Where as the Chiefs know that they don't. They are well aware of what has to improve and they are in great position to do it. If they were to trade back and pick up multiple draft picks in return, they could really do a lot of the improving this season with a solid draft. He isn't saying "i'd rather be 2-14 than have won the Lombardi" don't be silly. He's saying I'd rather have a solid, young foundation and know what isn't working, than have a mixture of youth and age and not really be self-aware of what my teams issues are, which will ultimately be my downfall.

The Chiefs have gotten tot he point where they've changed almost everything. They've kept core guys that they've drafted, and they are heading into a draft knowing that it has to be dynamite. The Ravens are heading into the offseason with virtually no worries. But ..they should be worried. Why? Because the other 3 teams in their division are in a state of desparation. A need to improve. Those types of teams, the Steelers/Browns, are dangerous. When teams get desperate, they throw the 'rule book' out the window. That can be very scary to the opposition.

Bold prediction: Chiefs end up #2 in the divison, barely miss playoffs.

Having said all of that....that is a great quote lol... Wink
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, for your defense having so many supposed elite players, they still looked pretty bad last year. People's doubts are legitimate.

I would tell you our system, and coaching failures had a big part in that. Now I'm not saying our defense is elite, or even a top 10. But we do have some very good parts, and I'm excited to see what a scheme change can do.

Quote:

Yeah, I think the misconception right now is that because the Ravens D is going to falter, that they won't be a good team. I think we'll clearly see a switch to a more offensive minded team, who will still play outstanding special teams. Losing the players on defense can't be under-estimated, but having a RB who is without a doubt top 5 if not top 3. A QB who can make any throw (though I think he is overpaid...but I digress), a dynamite young receiver, and two very solid TEs. I think that the Ravens are just fine. Not to mention, Flacco baring injury will be around at least as long as our new starting QB, and almost assuredly play at a higher level.
Rumless

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RVM and AR have been dominating when it comes to making silly quotes lately. Something in the beer around here?

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Our #1 pick may suck, but look at Brandon Flowers Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
I thought I'd check this out.

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

Okay, first big problem here...you're basically assuming that everyone gets worse and no one gets better (except the Colts). Will the Broncos and Pats decline? Yes, soon-ish...but that still might be a few years away. Will the Ravens and Steelers decline? Maybe (but Lewis and Reed are not the reasons for that), but their QBs still have quite a bit of time left and they're always great drafters.

But we're still ignoring about 10 teams in the AFC. The Bengals are a back to back playoff team. The Chargers are always a sleeping giant with Rivers. Tannehill looks promising for Miami. And of course, any other team could find their franchise QB and catapult themselves into contention. The AFC is completely horrible right now, but it's more likely to get better than it is to get worse simply because you can't sustain a conference with that many bad teams.

Quote:
Nic, this is a good thread for those other fans discussing "damned if we do/dont". Of course, they'd still come up with reasons why we have no chance, like our defense sucks and Alex Smith will never take you anywhere regardless of the competition.

Quote:

COACHING COACHING COACHING COACHING. It was HORRIBLE. I can't wait for our team to show how good they are when they have proper NFL coaches. Add in a large improvement at QB. This is gonna be such a fun year.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
RVM and AR have been dominating when it comes to making silly quotes lately. Something in the beer around here?

Something is wrong with everyone when Rage and Me are the ones supporting the Front Office and QB

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Interesting perspective. I hadn't thought about it this way before.

While I'm not ready to right off Rivers and especially not Ben, the QB position seems to be way more established in the NFC then the AFC.

So, with that knowledge, does that make people more or less inclined to take a shot on Geno?

I ain't giving up on Rivers for sure either...it's just possible he's lost a bit and the team just isn't a big threat at this point and he doesn't have a whole lot of time left to turn it around.

Not that I still don't want Geno/franchise QB really bad, but i'd have to say less inclined at this point. Obviously if there was more of a sure fire Superstar QB, we could have a big advantage over nearly every team in the AFC...but we may not need one to make a SB run.

If were in the NFC, i'd for sure take the chance on Geno becoming a star.

GaTechRavens, I'm not assuming no one else gets better...if you took a reading comprehension class you could come back, re-read, and see that my point is the caliber of QB's in the AFC is not looking so hot in the near future. Make sure you keep that sig quote...all year. I believe the Ravens D will drop off, losing some mojo and a few players. If Flacco continues his play, the Ravens will have a dynamite offense with Pierce and the WR's and will still be a top team...if he goes back to inconsistent Flacco, I don't see how they'll be a contender. (not saying he will drop off or not).

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:

Silly quotes...like this?

Rumless wrote:

To some extent I agree with this completely; I'm not a fan of safe picks. Looking at the other players available, Warmack is one of the best talents that can immediately help out this team. The only other in contention (in my mind) is Milliner on a realistic level. I consider Warmack a better guard than I consider Milliner a better corner, so Warmack was the pick. It's disgusting to see someone applaud a player's talent then say, "Well, the position that he plays isn't necessarily valuable enough, it's not a LT, DE, QB, CB, so why take him?" Why not take the best player available? I think that's Warmack. I won't hate the Warmack pick if we make it. I'm not sure I'll love any pick we make at #1 either.

Or how about your quotes where Alex Smith isn't any better than CAssel? Wink

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Rumless wrote:

Something is wrong with everyone when Rage and Me are the ones supporting the Front Office and QB

Many...not all fans....are jaded from putting complete trust in the previous FO and thus are not willing to do the same with the new guys. I have no such issues as I bashed the previous FO from the get go and had no faith in anything they did.

I actually like these guys as they genuinely appear to be trying to win instead of following a certain "way" or having a man crush and ego that are put ahead of the team.

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
GaTechRavens, I'm not assuming no one else gets better...if you took a reading comprehension class you could come back, re-read, and see that my point is the caliber of QB's in the AFC is not looking so hot in the near future. Make sure you keep that sig quote...all year. I believe the Ravens D will drop off, losing some mojo and a few players. If Flacco continues his play, the Ravens will have a dynamite offense with Pierce and the WR's and will still be a top team...if he goes back to inconsistent Flacco, I don't see how they'll be a contender. (not saying he will drop off or not).

Rage, the bolded is really not necessary.

And please, lets stop talking about each other. If we all got called out for making silly statements, this forum would be dominated by posting calling each other out.

^ryknowssd on the sig
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

Rage, the bolded is really not necessary.

And please, lets stop talking about each other. If we all got called out for making silly statements, this forum would be dominated by posting calling each other out.

Yes sir...next time I will simply ask him politely to re-read. My apologies.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: