Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LION KING MOCK DRAFT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LION KING

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Defense did win championships.....30 years ago. These days it is the exception rather than the norm. Welcome to the 21st century.

Now the refs will absolutely stifle your defensive players regardless of how good they are and your only real hope is to have an offense that can keep up with the other team.

Still came down to Defense on the last play of the Super bowl! Wink

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Defense did win championships.....30 years ago. These days it is the exception rather than the norm. Welcome to the 21st century.

Now the refs will absolutely stifle your defensive players regardless of how good they are and your only real hope is to have an offense that can keep up with the other team.

Still came down to Defense on the last play of the Super bowl! Wink

LION KING

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't need a quote so its removed! Wink

Last edited by LION KING on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
Just another quote on the Lions needs!

Quote:
What should happen: So it's a passing league. The Lions must find a running back to take the pressure off Stafford and a passing game that carries too much of this offense. So find one in the draft or sign one in free agency. Just do it. San Francisco didn't win the Super Bowl because the 49ers couldn't run five yards, and take a hint, Detroit. This draft is deep in offensive linemen, so I'd like to see the Lions take a tackle reasonably high and groom him to take Backus' place. Most of all, I'd like to see them find a quality pass-rushing end like Bjoern Werner or a quality cornerback like Dee Milliner with their first draft pick. Milliner probably won't be there at the fifth spot. But if he is, the Lions should jump for him. As I said, when you play in a division with Rodgers, you'd better figure out how to stop the pass. The Lions haven't, and look no further than defense for why this club wilted.

Couldn't agree more!

Link or source? Not allowed to quote like that without some kind of credit given

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
Just another quote on the Lions needs!

Quote:
What should happen: So it's a passing league. The Lions must find a running back to take the pressure off Stafford and a passing game that carries too much of this offense. So find one in the draft or sign one in free agency. Just do it. San Francisco didn't win the Super Bowl because the 49ers couldn't run five yards, and take a hint, Detroit. This draft is deep in offensive linemen, so I'd like to see the Lions take a tackle reasonably high and groom him to take Backus' place. Most of all, I'd like to see them find a quality pass-rushing end like Bjoern Werner or a quality cornerback like Dee Milliner with their first draft pick. Milliner probably won't be there at the fifth spot. But if he is, the Lions should jump for him. As I said, when you play in a division with Rodgers, you'd better figure out how to stop the pass. The Lions haven't, and look no further than defense for why this club wilted.

Couldn't agree more!

How the hell couldn't you agree more? You just said you wanted the first 3 picks to all be defense, the quote you just posted advocated for taking an OT high and a RB to take pressure off the passing game (which given previous comments and available RB's in this draft) would indicate that would likely have to be a mid round (3 or 4) pick or higher.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
LION KING

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed it, so where is your source of the Quote LMAO! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: