Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post-Combine Big Board
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Post-Combine Big Board Reply with quote

We had a Pre-Combine Big Board thread, now that the workouts are completed (sans Pro Days) I am curious to see where everyone stands. Top 3, Top 10, Top 32...whatever you want. It should be your ranking of guys that you want the Raiders to draft, not necessarily the best player rankings. I will make a similar thread the week of the draft to get a final Big Board.

My Top 10 (Previous Rank in Parentheses)

1. Jarvis Jones (1) - Just a baller. Missing workouts doesn't change his spot for me, especially considering how others ranked closely to Jones failed their auditions.

2. Dion Jordan (7) - A physical freak who capitalized on the Combine, arguably the runner-up workout winner to Ziggy Ansah. Contrary to forum opinion, he was a big-time player and is not just a workout warrior, hence his #7 rank pre-combine.

3. Star Lotulelei (2) - His heart problems derailed his Combine, but it is a problem that will now be monitored and treated. Not a good sign by any means, but one that won't knock him from my top 3.

4. Dee Milliner (6) - Arguably the best talent in the draft at a position of need makes him a legitimate choice. Did great at his workouts and has a chance to go #1.

5A. Luke Joeckel (3)
5B. Eric Fisher (NR) - A cop out, sure, but I have not seen enough of Fisher to say who I prefer. What I do prefer is a QB with a clean jersey and a successful offensive line to power the offense. I think either could provide the bookend at RT we have waited for since Lincoln Kennedy.

7. Chance Warmack (4) - I have cooled on him due to the emergence of others, his measurables, and his available alternatives at LG. He is still in the conversation for best player in the draft, but to draft a guard at number 3 overall I would prefer it not be so arguable.

8. Tavon Austin (9) - If I were doing best overall players in this draft, I would put Tavon #1. Seeing as the Raiders have other glaring needs we cannot afford a luxury pick at WR #3 overall. Any trade down that nets Austin is the ideal draft in my book, but this team needs to address the trenches or defense, not a skill player. Even if that skill player is an immediate Pro Bowl caliber guy. Regardless, I would be just fine taking him #3 because this team has no offensive playmaker outside of McFadden. It won't happen, but whoever gets this guy gets a true weapon and OROY candidate.

9. Manti Teo (NR) - Kidding.

9. Geno Smith (8.) - Had good workouts and scouts still aren't sold on his game film, but this guy can make all the throws. He reminds me of Joe Flacco coming out. They are not nearly the same player (Flacco much stronger arm, Smith much better accuracy, Smith slightly better athleticism), but just overall high ceiling guys. If Geno can gain consistency at the next level, he can be a taller Russell Wilson. If the Raiders think they can mold him into that, and don't think Pryor is Kaepernick, then Geno would be an okay choice. I would rather give Pryor a shot than draft Geno, but Geno can be a star at the most crucial spot.

10. Damontre Moore (5) - I'll admit that I overreacted to his abysmal Combine. Here's the thing--he's 20, he shows up on film, he is stout against the run, and he is a good pass rusher. He did all these positives on the field all while being physically weaker than the opposition (very skilled opposition at that). That screams that he is technically sound at such a young age. Get this kid a real strength trainer, facility, and teammates that will get him to his physical peak, and he can be a real home run. The more I think about his failures at the combine, the more I consider that room for improvement. Mix that with passing the eye test, and he can be a steal (oddly enough). Either that or an all-out bust....

Dropped from top 10: Bjoern Werner (10)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

idk how you don't have ansah and floyd on that list..
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilcrazycat1 wrote:

This. Also it would be hard for me to make one without knowing the medical conditions of Star and Jones
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Jarvis Jones
2. Star Lotuleli
3. Geno Smith
4. Dion Jordan
5. Eric Fisher
6. Luke Joeckel
7. Chance Warmack
8. Ziggy Ansah
9. Sharif Floyd
10. Bjoern Werner
11. Dee Milliner

Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw Jarvis Jones lol. Everyones putting him at #1 and I wouldn't even put him in my top 5. Too many concerns for me to bite.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilcrazycat1 wrote:

I had a list of 5 honorable mentions that had them then removed it. But Floyd was barely mentioned until a week ago so keep wondering I guess. I'm not biting just because others did. I would much rather move Houston inside and draft someone else to help the team and that's what this board is based on.

As for Ansah, I don't want a project 4-3 DE. And I think that's where he falls in. I envision Dion Jordan as an OLB in 4-3 or 3-4. For DE I would still rather prefer Moore or even Werner. I like the Combine but not that much...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.Eric Fisher
2.Luke Joeckel
3.Tank Carradine
4.Ziggy Ansah
5.Shariff Floyd
6.Kawann Short
7.Larry Warford
8.Dee Milliner
9.Sio Moore
10.Demontre Moore

This is assuming we are staying 4-3. My board would look way differnt if I thought we were moving to 3-4.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Dion Jordan
2. Geno Smith
3. Eric Fisher
4. Luke Joeckel
5. Ziggy Ansah
6. Dee Milliner
7. Chance Warmack
8. Damontre Moore
9. Shariff Floyd (he just made it on there yesterday)
10. Bjoern Werner

This is if we stay at #3.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Dion Jordan
2. Eric Fisher
3. Shariff Floyd
4. Jarvis Jones
5. Geno Smith
6. Luke Joekel
7. Star Loutelelei
8. Ziggy Ansah
9. Dee Milliner
10. Shelden Richardson
early43

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Luke Joeckel
2) Eric Fisher
3) Dee Millner
4) Dion Jordan
5) Tank Carradine
6) Chance Warmack
7) Star Lotuleli
Cool Geno Smith
9) Jarvis Jones
10) Barkevious Mingo

Tank is quickly becoming my favorite prospect in this draft for us. Easily the best pass rusher in the class from the DE position when healthy. From all account that I have read, hes healing on schedule and should be good to roll by the time TC comes.

Im not advocating drafting Millner by any means but his combine performance has put him in the top 5 IMO. Hopefully, we can use him as a prospect to swing a trade?
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
1) Luke Joeckel
2) Eric Fisher
3) Dee Millner
4) Dion Jordan
5) Tank Carradine
6) Chance Warmack
7) Star Lotuleli
Cool Geno Smith
9) Jarvis Jones
10) Barkevious Mingo

Tank is quickly becoming my favorite prospect in this draft for us. Easily the best pass rusher in the class from the DE position when healthy. From all account that I have read, hes healing on schedule and should be good to roll by the time TC comes.

Im not advocating drafting Millner by any means but his combine performance has put him in the top 5 IMO. Hopefully, we can use him as a prospect to swing a trade?

I am with you on Tank. I have him as my #3
early43

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
early43 wrote:
1) Luke Joeckel
2) Eric Fisher
3) Dee Millner
4) Dion Jordan
5) Tank Carradine
6) Chance Warmack
7) Star Lotuleli
Cool Geno Smith
9) Jarvis Jones
10) Barkevious Mingo

I am with you on Tank. I have him as my #3

Nice.

You drive the bandwagon and ill ride shotgun.
reddevil

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Luke Joeckel
2. Eric Fisher
3. Jarvis Jones
4. Dion Jordan
5. Ziggy Ansah
6. Chance Warmack
7. Star Lotulelei
8. Shariff Floyd
9. Bjoern Werner
10. Keke Mingo

I wouldn't absolutely hate Geno, but would feel a little deflated that we hadn't either picked up a difference maker or improved our pass or run D from the no. 3 spot if we pick him. I put the OTs up top cus they just seem like the only players in an important position that are safe bets. All of the defensive players have massive question marks.

God, I just wish 1 of the top defensive players were clean. I can't believe we are picking top 3, and have a defense in such disarray and ALL of the players have an abundance of negatives.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.Eric Fisher
2.Dion Jordan
3.Geno Smith
4.Dee Milliner
5.Chance Warmack
6.Ezekiel Ansah
7.Xavier Rhodes
8.Datone Jones
9.Star Lotulelei
10.Jarvis Jones

I don't see Luke Joeckel fitting the PBS.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion is without a doubt my number one.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: