Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arthur Brown #1 Crazy? or the perfect match?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Arthur Brown #1 Crazy? or the perfect match? Reply with quote

vs Baylor 2011 (RG3)

vs Miami 2012

vs Oklahoma 2012

vs West Virginia 2012

vs Texas 2012

vs Oregon 2012

here's all the youtube tape of him. Some of those games are more like highlight films than game film.

My scouting report on Arthur who is my #1 player in the class:
Speed: Likely the fastest LB in the draft, he reportedly ran in the 4.4 range as a senior in high school, and it wouldn’t shock me one bit for him to run that at his pro day. He affects the offense from 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage to 30 yards downs the field.

Instincts: Arthur is incredibly instinctual. When he’s playing that middle zone he covers an enormous amount of area. He’ll often shade toward a guy who is the QBs first read, then move on and take away another WR on the same play. He diagnoses run plays well, and the amount of times he ends up on the wrong side of the play is incredibly small. Arthur also has a natural ability to move through traffic and to slice through holes. He flows to the ball extremely well. It doesn’t seem to matter where you run the play, at the end of it Arthur is likely to be around it.

Coverage: Arthur covers better than most safeties, and he can cover all over the field. On K-State film you can see Arthur covering Tavon Austin and Kendall Wright among other WRs 1 on 1 and holding his own. He excels when he can read the QB in a middle zone, but he can sprint out and cover the flats, cover the mid range out on the numbers, and turn and go downfield with TEs. He can cover RBs and TEs with the best of them, and immediately when he gets in the NFL he’ll be one of the best coverage LBs.

Physicality: Despite all these concerns about Arthur being small, he sure doesn’t play small. Huge hits litter his film. He’s seemingly unblockable. He’ll stack and shed blockers, he’ll run around blockers, he’ll straight up run over blockers. When you try to cut block him he jumps back and avoids it or he just jumps over it. He’s amazing on the blitz up the middle. He plays with great leverage.

Athletic Ability: Arthur isn’t just straight line speed either. His change of direction is elite for a LB. He has fluid hips, and his acceleration is explosive. He’s incredibly strong in both upper and lower body.

I really have a hard time finding weaknesses in Arthur’s game, but he does occasionally overrun a play and he’ll occasionally miss a tackle he should make, but his weaknesses are far outweighed by his strenghths.

I think he’s the best overall player in the class and he would be a perfect fit next to Derrick Johnson with Hali and Houston on edges. He’ll play 3 downs, he has an amazing work ethic, he chases plays down he shouldn’t. He’ll be one of the few (if there are any) that end up top 5 at his position and I think he’ll do it within 3 years. Somehow Arthur Brown is being Russell Wilson’d and his size is holding him back. His size has no effect on his play and won’t at the next level. It may just be a pipedream that KC would take him #1 overall, but I’d do it in a heartbeat if I were in charge. I think every single team who passes on Arthur Brown will look back on this draft and say, “Why the hell didn’t we take that guy”?

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your question.....Yes, you are the #1 crazy!

Wink

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
To answer your question.....Yes, you are the #1 crazy!

Wink

What are Arthur's weaknesses. Why isn't he a top 10 pick?

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because he's a LB

A LB that isn't very good at rushing the passer at that.
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm game. Sign me up!!!

He is probably my favorite player in the draft. Would love him in KC!!
Punts:42 AVG:44.5 In20:20 Lng:64
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Because he's a LB

No he just does everything else to make that easier for the guys we have that do. Seriously, someone give me a weakness in this guys game

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Because he's a LB

No he just does everything else to make that easier for the guys we have that do. Seriously, someone give me a weakness in this guys game

He's not a good pass rusher.

That's the main reason we wouldn't draft him at #1 overall. Sure he makes it easier for other guys, that's fine and dandy, but he himself needs to be a good pass rusher. Especially with how bad our pass rush is, and since he doesn't have a hand on the line and is disrupting guards/tackles I don't see how much he'd help.

Its the only area he lacks, and its a pretty big one.

Besides that I think he's great and would love to have him, just wish he could make more of an impact in that area of his game.

Unless we're just gonna Tyson Jackson it this year, and with this draft class we probably will do just that.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why draft him 1st overall when we could trade down 10 spots (even if our compensation was just like a 3rd rounder) and still be pretty much guaranteed to to still be able to take him, and his contract would come cheaper.
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Because he's a LB

He's not a good pass rusher.

That's the main reason we wouldn't draft him at #1 overall. Sure he makes it easier for other guys, that's fine and dandy, but he himself needs to be a good pass rusher. Especially with how bad our pass rush is, and since he doesn't have a hand on the line and is disrupting guards/tackles I don't see how much he'd help.

Its the only area he lacks, and its a pretty big one.

he's not a good outside pass rush, but you wouldn't ask him to do that. He rarely blitzes, but when he does he's great.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWuJVBbeZQU#T=01m38s - Anybody but RG3 and that play isn't happening.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWuJVBbeZQU#T=02m20s - again, anybody but RG3...
www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=v2tqlm-njjw&NR=1#t=01m06s
www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=v2tqlm-njjw&NR=1#t=02m38s

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-

Last edited by Rearviewmirror on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Flexx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Arthur Brown #1 Crazy? or the perfect match? Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
vs Baylor 2011 (RG3)

vs Miami 2012

vs Oklahoma 2012

vs West Virginia 2012

vs Texas 2012

vs Oregon 2012

here's all the youtube tape of him. Some of those games are more like highlight films than game film.

My scouting report on Arthur who is my #1 player in the class:
Speed: Likely the fastest LB in the draft, he reportedly ran in the 4.4 range as a senior in high school, and it wouldn’t shock me one bit for him to run that at his pro day. He affects the offense from 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage to 30 yards downs the field.

Instincts: Arthur is incredibly instinctual. When he’s playing that middle zone he covers an enormous amount of area. He’ll often shade toward a guy who is the QBs first read, then move on and take away another WR on the same play. He diagnoses run plays well, and the amount of times he ends up on the wrong side of the play is incredibly small. Arthur also has a natural ability to move through traffic and to slice through holes. He flows to the ball extremely well. It doesn’t seem to matter where you run the play, at the end of it Arthur is likely to be around it.

Coverage: Arthur covers better than most safeties, and he can cover all over the field. On K-State film you can see Arthur covering Tavon Austin and Kendall Wright among other WRs 1 on 1 and holding his own. He excels when he can read the QB in a middle zone, but he can sprint out and cover the flats, cover the mid range out on the numbers, and turn and go downfield with TEs. He can cover RBs and TEs with the best of them, and immediately when he gets in the NFL he’ll be one of the best coverage LBs.

Physicality: Despite all these concerns about Arthur being small, he sure doesn’t play small. Huge hits litter his film. He’s seemingly unblockable. He’ll stack and shed blockers, he’ll run around blockers, he’ll straight up run over blockers. When you try to cut block him he jumps back and avoids it or he just jumps over it. He’s amazing on the blitz up the middle. He plays with great leverage.

Athletic Ability: Arthur isn’t just straight line speed either. His change of direction is elite for a LB. He has fluid hips, and his acceleration is explosive. He’s incredibly strong in both upper and lower body.

I really have a hard time finding weaknesses in Arthur’s game, but he does occasionally overrun a play and he’ll occasionally miss a tackle he should make, but his weaknesses are far outweighed by his strenghths.

I think he’s the best overall player in the class and he would be a perfect fit next to Derrick Johnson with Hali and Houston on edges. He’ll play 3 downs, he has an amazing work ethic, he chases plays down he shouldn’t. He’ll be one of the few (if there are any) that end up top 5 at his position and I think he’ll do it within 3 years. Somehow Arthur Brown is being Russell Wilson’d and his size is holding him back. His size has no effect on his play and won’t at the next level. It may just be a pipedream that KC would take him #1 overall, but I’d do it in a heartbeat if I were in charge. I think every single team who passes on Arthur Brown will look back on this draft and say, “Why the hell didn’t we take that guy”?
Because I wouldn't want anyone named after THE CRAZIEST ENGLISH ROCKER(FIRE)IN THE WORLD. LOL
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Why draft him 1st overall when we could trade down 10 spots (even if our compensation was just like a 3rd rounder) and still be pretty much guaranteed to to still be able to take him, and his contract would come cheaper.

Of course I'd prefer to trade out. But if Dorsey truly wants the BPA, this is the guy.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
FrostyCow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, because he can not make as big an impact at his position as other players at other positions can make. Positional value. That eliminates him from the #1 overall pick.

In order for an ILB to be worth the #1 overall pick he would have to be Ray Lewis. I think it's a good rule of thumb to not pick a player #1 overall if they have to be as good as the best player to ever play that position in order to be worth the pick.
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrostyCow wrote:
No, because he can not make as big an impact at his position as other players at other positions can make. Positional value. That eliminates him from the #1 overall pick.

In order for an ILB to be worth the #1 overall pick he would have to be Ray Lewis. I think it's a good rule of thumb to not pick a player #1 overall if they have to be as good as the best player to ever play that position in order to be worth the pick.

I'm not sure Arthur will be Ray Lewis, but I think he'll be the best LB in the NFL for a pretty good span of his career.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
KCWolf1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy? More like certifiable. Laughing

I like Brown as much as the next guy, but he's not even close to being worth the #1 pick. You're letting your man crush on him skew your view. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCWolf1 wrote:
Crazy? More like certifiable. Laughing

I like Brown as much as the next guy, but he's not even close to being worth the #1 pick. You're letting your man crush on him skew your view. Laughing

I don't think so. I think he's the best fit for our defense if Star's heart doesn't check out okay. I'm not the only person in the world that thinks he's a top 5 prospect.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: