Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Next Deadline: 12 Mar 4 PM ET/3 PM CT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Next Deadline: 12 Mar 4 PM ET/3 PM CT Reply with quote

2013 League Year starts, this includes:
- Beginning of free-agent signing period
- Beginning of trade period
- Deadline for submission of qualifying offers by clubs to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with fewer than three accrued seasons whose contracts have expired
- Deadline for submission of qualifying offers by clubs to retain a right of first refusal/compensation to their Restricted Free Agents whose contracts have expired

Here's the Chiefs' to do - list wrt re-signing their own free agents:

There is contradicting information on the status of Martin Rucker - some sites list him as a RFA. According to KCChiefs.com he's got 4 accrued seasons and thus is an UFA. I doubt the Chiefs would tender him a contract anyway.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Rucker gone anyway along with Leon Williams , some of Romeos buddies
I think that will be the day we part ways with Matt cassell , I think only reason he is still on roster is we r waiting to actually get Alex on roster first. Jic something crazy happens with trade or Alex fails a physical or something.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight - 0:01 AM ET the official tampering period starts: teams will be allowed to negotiate with agents (not players!) on players still under contract with other teams.

Thus I expect some more signings to be announced later today.
bigballin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ropati Pitoitua is the only guy on that list I want to resign. It think its time to shop around in FA.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't really have the room to "shop around" in FA. That being said, KC are you thinking we'll sign our own guys? Or are you saying just guys in general being signed.
bigballin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
We don't really have the room to "shop around" in FA. That being said, KC are you thinking we'll sign our own guys? Or are you saying just guys in general being signed.

Ha...what I'm saying is bringing backups from another regime. Not a bunch of old Patriots. Bringing Packer and Eagles players.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:

They can't sign guys off other teams until 12 Mar, 4 PM ET. But they'll let people knowwho is no longer available because they have been re-signed.

Hmm - gotta do some crosschecking - a lot of buzz on twitter about the legal tampering stuff .. however, my calendar says it only starts on 9 March. Stand by.

EDIT: Of course my calendar was right ... sorry for the confusion.
Period starts Saturday morning - 00:01 ET.

DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC yeah, I knew we couldn't sign from other teams. Just wasn't sure if you were referring to US signing our guys, or other teams knocking available FAs off the lists.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
KC yeah, I knew we couldn't sign from other teams. Just wasn't sure if you were referring to US signing our guys, or other teams knocking available FAs off the lists.

both

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: