Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno Revisited
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
chiefs82


Joined: 19 Jan 2007
Posts: 4384
Location: Your Mom's House.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Geno Revisited Reply with quote

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/03/05/chiefs-geno-smith-could-still-happen/

With recent moves, there aren't a lot of options at 1 unless we can trade down. With that said, can't Geno still be an option? Groom him a year behind Alex Smith (who he's been compared to) and have him come in year 2 ala Kaep and Carson Palmer. Maybe I'll just never give up on Geno Laughing
_________________

________________
ryknowssd on the sig
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:8/TFL:2/Sacks:3/FF:0/FR:0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6562
Location: SC
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Geno Revisited Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/03/05/chiefs-geno-smith-could-still-happen/

With recent moves, there aren't a lot of options at 1 unless we can trade down. With that said, can't Geno still be an option? Groom him a year behind Alex Smith (who he's been compared to) and have him come in year 2 ala Kaep and Carson Palmer. Maybe I'll just never give up on Geno Laughing


The compensation we would have given up for Smith for a 1 year rental would make me sick. Literally. I am not saying I hate the idea of having Geno, but for what we gave up for Alex Smith, we should have just gone with Geno in the first place and saved our second round pick (and 2014 pick as well).
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HiccupGuy


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1977
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Geno Revisited Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/03/05/chiefs-geno-smith-could-still-happen/

With recent moves, there aren't a lot of options at 1 unless we can trade down. With that said, can't Geno still be an option? Groom him a year behind Alex Smith (who he's been compared to) and have him come in year 2 ala Kaep and Carson Palmer. Maybe I'll just never give up on Geno Laughing


The compensation we would have given up for Smith for a 1 year rental would make me sick. Literally. I am not saying I hate the idea of having Geno, but for what we gave up for Alex Smith, we should have just gone with Geno in the first place and saved our second round pick (and 2014 pick as well).


I would say if we drafted Geno then he would sit for 2-3 years or until Alex isn't playing good. What ever comes first.

Personally I wanted to draft Geno and have him sit for a year or 2. I started up a thread about drafting a early QB and letting him sit 2 months ago. Not many people liked the idea of drafting one and letting him sit.

As for the aren't a lot of options in this draft. I see us drafting a Defensive Line yet again. Dorsey is going to be walking out of here and Tyson will prolly be asked to take a pay cut or get cut. We don't really have much options along the D-Line.
_________________

ryknowssd on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6562
Location: SC
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Geno Revisited Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/03/05/chiefs-geno-smith-could-still-happen/

With recent moves, there aren't a lot of options at 1 unless we can trade down. With that said, can't Geno still be an option? Groom him a year behind Alex Smith (who he's been compared to) and have him come in year 2 ala Kaep and Carson Palmer. Maybe I'll just never give up on Geno Laughing


The compensation we would have given up for Smith for a 1 year rental would make me sick. Literally. I am not saying I hate the idea of having Geno, but for what we gave up for Alex Smith, we should have just gone with Geno in the first place and saved our second round pick (and 2014 pick as well).


I would say if we drafted Geno then he would sit for 2-3 years or until Alex isn't playing good. What ever comes first.

Personally I wanted to draft Geno and have him sit for a year or 2. I started up a thread about drafting a early QB and letting him sit 2 months ago. Not many people liked the idea of drafting one and letting him sit.

As for the aren't a lot of options in this draft. I see us drafting a Defensive Line yet again. Dorsey is going to be walking out of here and Tyson will prolly be asked to take a pay cut or get cut. We don't really have much options along the D-Line.


What is the length of the rookie deals now? Isn't it 4 years with an option year that is based on the top paid players at the position?
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HiccupGuy


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1977
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Geno Revisited Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/03/05/chiefs-geno-smith-could-still-happen/

With recent moves, there aren't a lot of options at 1 unless we can trade down. With that said, can't Geno still be an option? Groom him a year behind Alex Smith (who he's been compared to) and have him come in year 2 ala Kaep and Carson Palmer. Maybe I'll just never give up on Geno Laughing


The compensation we would have given up for Smith for a 1 year rental would make me sick. Literally. I am not saying I hate the idea of having Geno, but for what we gave up for Alex Smith, we should have just gone with Geno in the first place and saved our second round pick (and 2014 pick as well).


I would say if we drafted Geno then he would sit for 2-3 years or until Alex isn't playing good. What ever comes first.

Personally I wanted to draft Geno and have him sit for a year or 2. I started up a thread about drafting a early QB and letting him sit 2 months ago. Not many people liked the idea of drafting one and letting him sit.

As for the aren't a lot of options in this draft. I see us drafting a Defensive Line yet again. Dorsey is going to be walking out of here and Tyson will prolly be asked to take a pay cut or get cut. We don't really have much options along the D-Line.


What is the length of the rookie deals now? Isn't it 4 years with an option year that is based on the top paid players at the position?


Yeah four years and the clubs can exercise a fifth-year option for the player’s rights. Players in the top ten (Geno's case if we pick him number 1 overall) it would be the avg of the top ten players at the position.
_________________

ryknowssd on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6562
Location: SC
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Geno Revisited Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/03/05/chiefs-geno-smith-could-still-happen/

With recent moves, there aren't a lot of options at 1 unless we can trade down. With that said, can't Geno still be an option? Groom him a year behind Alex Smith (who he's been compared to) and have him come in year 2 ala Kaep and Carson Palmer. Maybe I'll just never give up on Geno Laughing


The compensation we would have given up for Smith for a 1 year rental would make me sick. Literally. I am not saying I hate the idea of having Geno, but for what we gave up for Alex Smith, we should have just gone with Geno in the first place and saved our second round pick (and 2014 pick as well).


I would say if we drafted Geno then he would sit for 2-3 years or until Alex isn't playing good. What ever comes first.

Personally I wanted to draft Geno and have him sit for a year or 2. I started up a thread about drafting a early QB and letting him sit 2 months ago. Not many people liked the idea of drafting one and letting him sit.

As for the aren't a lot of options in this draft. I see us drafting a Defensive Line yet again. Dorsey is going to be walking out of here and Tyson will prolly be asked to take a pay cut or get cut. We don't really have much options along the D-Line.


What is the length of the rookie deals now? Isn't it 4 years with an option year that is based on the top paid players at the position?


Yeah four years and the clubs can exercise a fifth-year option for the player’s rights. Players in the top ten (Geno's case if we pick him number 1 overall) it would be the avg of the top ten players at the position.


That's what I thought.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Diesel2692


Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 2653
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything is "possible" but I just don't see us taking Geno. I could see us consider qbs that fall to our round 3 pick but that's about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4216
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Geno Revisited Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/03/05/chiefs-geno-smith-could-still-happen/

With recent moves, there aren't a lot of options at 1 unless we can trade down. With that said, can't Geno still be an option? Groom him a year behind Alex Smith (who he's been compared to) and have him come in year 2 ala Kaep and Carson Palmer. Maybe I'll just never give up on Geno Laughing


The compensation we would have given up for Smith for a 1 year rental would make me sick. Literally. I am not saying I hate the idea of having Geno, but for what we gave up for Alex Smith, we should have just gone with Geno in the first place and saved our second round pick (and 2014 pick as well).


Seemingly every possible pick will make someone sick at this point, huh? You just mentioned the QB issue, then if we go LT that makes our LG too expensive, then there's the whole "not ANOTHER DL" crowd.

I guess that leaves CB, which is actually our biggest need, but very few see Millner as even close to #1 worthy....if i'm wrong on that, maybe he's the obvious pick.
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of


Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6562
Location: SC
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Geno Revisited Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/03/05/chiefs-geno-smith-could-still-happen/

With recent moves, there aren't a lot of options at 1 unless we can trade down. With that said, can't Geno still be an option? Groom him a year behind Alex Smith (who he's been compared to) and have him come in year 2 ala Kaep and Carson Palmer. Maybe I'll just never give up on Geno Laughing


The compensation we would have given up for Smith for a 1 year rental would make me sick. Literally. I am not saying I hate the idea of having Geno, but for what we gave up for Alex Smith, we should have just gone with Geno in the first place and saved our second round pick (and 2014 pick as well).


Seemingly every possible pick will make someone sick at this point, huh? You just mentioned the QB issue, then if we go LT that makes our LG too expensive, then there's the whole "not ANOTHER DL" crowd.

I guess that leaves CB, which is actually our biggest need, but very few see Millner as even close to #1 worthy....if i'm wrong on that, maybe he's the obvious pick.


Simmer down Rage! LOL
I was just talking about the idea of giving up two 2nd round draft picks (or a 2nd and 3rd) for a two year rental of Alex Smith. That's all.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4216
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you were doing...it's just funny that their is a legit huge issue with every single possible prospect...this could only happen to KC.

At this point, If we can't get a trade for #1 I may be advocating taking Geno and hope there is a bidding war for him (not impossible). Or even one team that will give us their 1st and 2nd. If not, that's ok he sits behind Alex for 1 or 2 years.
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18598
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
I know what you were doing...it's just funny that their is a legit huge issue with every single possible prospect...this could only happen to KC.

At this point, If we can't get a trade for #1 I may be advocating taking Geno and hope there is a bidding war for him (not impossible). Or even one team that will give us their 1st and 2nd. If not, that's ok he sits behind Alex for 1 or 2 years.


I've got the cure for that. I got the guy we can all get behind
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6562
Location: SC
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
I know what you were doing...it's just funny that their is a legit huge issue with every single possible prospect...this could only happen to KC.

At this point, If we can't get a trade for #1 I may be advocating taking Geno and hope there is a bidding war for him (not impossible). Or even one team that will give us their 1st and 2nd. If not, that's ok he sits behind Alex for 1 or 2 years.


I've got the cure for that. I got the guy we can all get behind


Arthur Brown? Laughing
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRedSea


Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Posts: 485
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Alex is the Guy for 2-4 years with what has been given to sanfran but I'm sure if he somehow throws on his pro day like he's cam Newton who knows but I'm rooting for him either way because it'll boost interest in trading up. I'm also rooting for ej Manuel too I think hell be a starter in the NFL.[/img]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRedSea


Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Posts: 485
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Alex is the Guy for 2-4 years with what has been given to sanfran but I'm sure if he somehow throws on his pro day like he's cam Newton who knows but I'm rooting for him either way because it'll boost interest in trading up. I'm also rooting for ej Manuel too I think hell be a starter in the NFL.[/img]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10888
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got too many holes and not enough green to fill them in FA. We need a day one starter in the 1st, be it DE, CB, or LT if we move Albert or convince him to play OG. I suppose you could argue ILB, Safety, or WR, but those would only be options in a trade down scenario IMO.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group