Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Offseason Threadô [Vol. III]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Quin is my first choice for safety, I don't want to give nate allen another chance. Sign Quin and draft a SS.

Best way to go, there will be a pretty good SS at #35

I think Cyprien really could play both, but the preference is to have him at SS eventually. Not sure if hell be there though....I'd imagine the Niners will at least one safety before us, as might the Ravens, and Vaccaro will go earlier.

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a lot of the safeties in this draft. I'd be disappointed if we didn't come away with one of them.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I like a lot of the safeties in this draft. I'd be disappointed if we didn't come away with one of them.

Agreed. As long as we pick a safety in the first three rounds, I don't really see how we can miss. There are too many good players out there.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

Why?

Because Geno will fail, and if you draft a QB with the #4 pick and it doesn't work out, your gone. End of story.

Why do you think he will fail?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like we're three years from Super Bowl contention. Build a foundation this year, get a QB next and he will have to take his lumps for at least a year, then we can compete. So we have to take that into account with all personnel decisions.

This is why, despite liking Goldson, he isn't what we're looking for. This is also why we should probably trade Cole if anyone offers anything decent.

I say get a guy like Chung and have him compete with say Duke Williams along with our other safeties. Is this going to overhaul the unit overnight? Probably not. But this is a long-term project. If it helps solidify one spot, then next year or year after we make a splash in FA. Then when we're contenders, we have an elite unit, instead of a solid one now and later with added cap issues.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

Why?

Because Geno will fail, and if you draft a QB with the #4 pick and it doesn't work out, your gone. End of story.

Because he isn't the prospect people are saying he is. His deep ball is not that good, he under throws receivers just as often as Foles. His massive video game numbers are all due to the fact that he was in an offense that was schemed for a QB to put up those numbers. A good chunk of his yardage came from some great plays by Tavon Austin and Steadman Bailey. He also doesn't seem like a really driven guy. He seems almost lackadaisical at times.

When I watch Geno, I see a QB that can accurately deliver a short ball consistently, has good pocket presence, and isn't afraid to spread it around. Those are not qualities of a #4 pick in the NFL draft. He is far from an elite prospect, and he is absolutely a project. He isn't ready to start week 1.
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Quin is my first choice for safety, I don't want to give nate allen another chance. Sign Quin and draft a SS.

Best way to go, there will be a pretty good SS at #35

I think Cyprien really could play both, but the preference is to have him at SS eventually. Not sure if hell be there though....I'd imagine the Niners will at least one safety before us, as might the Ravens, and Vaccaro will go earlier.

This is how I feel. I'd be awfully happy with Quin and Cyprien. But if Cyprien isn' there, someone like Reid likely will be and that wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

Why?

Because he isn't the prospect people are saying he is. His deep ball is not that good, he under throws receivers just as often as Foles. His massive video game numbers are all due to the fact that he was in an offense that was schemed for a QB to put up those numbers. A good chunk of his yardage came from some great plays by Tavon Austin and Steadman Bailey. He also doesn't seem like a really driven guy. He seems almost lackadaisical at times.

When I watch Geno, I see a QB that can accurately deliver a short ball consistently, has good pocket presence, and isn't afraid to spread it around. Those are not qualities of a #4 pick in the NFL draft. He is far from an elite prospect, and he is absolutely a project. He isn't ready to start week 1.

Hm ok, I was just wondering.

I don't agree on everything though.

From the tape I watched I saw pretty good down field accuracy from Geno, he lead receivers and had a good amount that were thrown along the sideline and/or in tight windows. He can't bomb it 75/80 yards (most QBs can't), but I also don't see Chip having those Andy drop backs for 6/7 seconds that would accompany that. Most college QBs have their numbers inflated so I agree its best to throw most of the out or take them with a grain of salt.

I can see where you get the demeanor concern from, he's not particularly excitable when you hear him talk. But he seems pretty driven from what I've seen and read about him.

I'm not saying he's a perfect prospect, he's like most QBs coming out, but I really like his potential in what is Chip's percieved scheme. From what I see Chip wants his QB to be a field general, a guy to get the ball out in front of his weapons so they can catch it in stride and keep going....and that's what Geno is really good at.

Hey Geno could fail or he could be a Pro Bowl QB who leads us to a championship, same could be said about a lot of guys. I just don't see how Geno is an automatic or definitive failure.

But this is better discussion for the prospect thread.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you guys be willing to pay for McClendon?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldson's agent only represent Goldson?

Give me:

Cason
Erin Henderson
Delanie walker
Terrence knighton

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want to start a new thread, but was hoping for some insight on the Scrabble situation. Are they planning on releasing him, trading him, or what? Thanks.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Don't want to start a new thread, but was hoping for some insight on the Scrabble situation. Are they planning on releasing him, trading him, or what? Thanks.

Waiting for the 12th to cut him, somehow there is wording in his contract where that benefits the eagles.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
CWood21 wrote:

Waiting for the 12th to cut him, somehow there is wording in his contract where that benefits the eagles.

Yep, though I've seen some places speculating he could be packaged in a trade.....don't see how that's gonna happen.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
CWood21 wrote:

Yep, though I've seen some places speculating he could be packaged in a trade.....don't see how that's gonna happen.

IIRC if he's cut after the 12th he could be designated as a post June 1st cut, allowing us to split the dead money over the next 2 seasons, so we would have about 2 million in extra cap for whatever we need it for.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
CWood21 wrote:

IIRC if he's cut after the 12th he could be designated as a post June 1st cut, allowing us to split the dead money over the next 2 seasons, so we would have about 2 million in extra cap for whatever we need it for.

Well that makes sense then, we are already under the cap so we can wait and make it easier to handle.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 23 of 99

Jump to: