Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Offseason Thread™ [Vol. III]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oland11

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if we're talking about trading Maclin. I'd want a 3rd and use to to trade into the mid second and grab someone like Da'Rick Rogers or Travis Kelce.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Well if we're talking about trading Maclin. I'd want a 3rd and use to to trade into the mid second and grab someone like Da'Rick Rogers or Travis Kelce.

Terrible.
Go to bed.
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reason to trade Maclin. Hopefully he'll step up in a contract year and if not, we're getting a 4th or 5th round compensatory pick at the very least. (barring injury)

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd keep Maclin for this year, see what happens. I feel like he could have a strong contract year.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I'd keep Maclin for this year, see what happens. I feel like he could have a strong contract year.
I wouldn't touch anyone solely for the fact that Kelly is here. I want to see his impact on our players, particularly our "skill" (I'm a salty DE) position players. Our offense can be scary good. I have so much faith in Chip and his unpredictability/versatility. Almost to the point to where he is our QB's puppeteer and it doesn't even matter who's out there under center.
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never understood why Maclin catches so much flack. He's a good WR, he does everything that's asked of him. Everyone had a bad year last year, our O-line set us up for disaster early on. D-Jax and Maclin are speed WR, and are completely ineffective if there is no time for them to run deep routes. We really just need an athletic big WR to compliment Mac and Jax, Avant doesn't draw enough attention.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
Phire wrote:
I wouldn't touch anyone solely for the fact that Kelly is here. I want to see his impact on our players, particularly our "skill" (I'm a salty DE) position players. Our offense can be scary good. I have so much faith in Chip and his unpredictability/versatility. Almost to the point to where he is our QB's puppeteer and it doesn't even matter who's out there under center.

Hah I know exactly where you are coming from. It's going to be so much different watching his gameplan unravel as opposed to predictable Andy.

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:
I never understood why Maclin catches so much flack. He's a good WR, he does everything that's asked of him. Everyone had a bad year last year, our O-line set us up for disaster early on. D-Jax and Maclin are speed WR, and are completely ineffective if there is no time for them to run deep routes. We really just need an athletic big WR to compliment Mac and Jax, Avant doesn't draw enough attention.

After dealing with trash like Nnamdi and DRC and Babin, and watching those clown give up it made me appreciate guys who will buy into a system no matter what and I think Maclin is that. I took flack for defending Maclin's production vs. Hakeem Nicks and he sold me when he called out some of the vets at the end and was also one of the people who spoke at the desperation players' only meeting.

Would never mind keeping someone like that around.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Meco

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much hate this offseason so far. Our best move so far has been signing a back-up TE. Can you feel the excitement? We got some overrated players from good teams (Williams, Barwin, Sopoaga) and some players that can't stay on the field (Bradley, Chung, Benn, Phillips). Plus we kept Vick. WTF man… Confused

If we compete at all next season it won't be because of the talent they're bringing in now, it'll be because of the talent already on the roster.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
I pretty much hate this offseason so far. Our best move so far has been signing a back-up TE. Can you feel the excitement? We got some overrated players from good teams (Williams, Barwin, Sopoaga) and some players that can't stay on the field (Bradley, Chung, Benn, Phillips). Plus we kept Vick. WTF man… Confused

If we compete at all next season it won't be because of the talent they're bringing in now, it'll be because of the talent already on the roster.

I don't see why you don't like the Benn move, low risk medium reward if it works for a pick that probably wouldn't make the team. I do hate Cary and Chung with you though.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld:
Quote:
Philly Mag: Birds 24/7 doesn't expect the Eagles to trade DE/OLB Trent Cole.
With the addition of Connor Barwin to an already-crowded pass-rushing group of outside linebackers, Cole's name has come up again as trade fodder. Philly Mag is penciling him in as the starter opposite Barwin with Brandon Graham and Vinny Curry as the backups. We'd expect Cole to be a pure pass rusher, while Barwin is asked to drop in coverage more.

ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:

You realize that Casey will be the half back and that's a starting spot right?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:

What did you expect? You wanted us to go spend big on FAs like the Dream Team summer of 2011? We learned our lesson from that and signed role players to build the depth of the roster. All of these guys outside of Sopoaga are 27-28 or younger. Plus we have the draft to accumulate more talent. We all knew this was a rebuilding process.

And everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I'm not challenging your excitement level. But what did you want to happen?
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Rotoworld:
Quote:
Philly Mag: Birds 24/7 doesn't expect the Eagles to trade DE/OLB Trent Cole.
With the addition of Connor Barwin to an already-crowded pass-rushing group of outside linebackers, Cole's name has come up again as trade fodder. Philly Mag is penciling him in as the starter opposite Barwin with Brandon Graham and Vinny Curry as the backups. We'd expect Cole to be a pure pass rusher, while Barwin is asked to drop in coverage more.

No real surprise there. We are going to give Cole a shot this year to see if he can adapt to the 3-4. If he succeeds, maybe we extend him, if not we cut him next year without much cap penalty. I think that Graham will end up being the starter at OLB though, he is younger and is a better fit for the scheme IMO.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:

Well maclin is inconsistent and soft. Also he doesn't fit the chip kelly mold so we all know he's gone after this season anyway.

I mean if we can get something for him have to consider it.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 97 of 99

Jump to: