Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Let's Deal - Darrelle Revis (REPORT: Revis Deal Imminent)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BREAKING NEWS: Who cares anymore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

Someone posted on the Jets board saying that Tampa has begun negotiations with Revis. But no link or source was provided. Anything coming out of Tampa?
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drew39k wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

Someone posted on the Jets board saying that Tampa has begun negotiations with Revis. But no link or source was provided. Anything coming out of Tampa?
I have always thought it was when not if. I might be the only one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL history taught me that Defenses win CHAMPIONSHIPS!
RoeKG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
I understand what you're saying.

There is no doubt Revis would improve our secondary. With Goldson and an improving Barron. We would need a solid #2 and Johnson and Gaitor are good enough to man the nickel.

However, our secondary could still struggle if our dline fails to improve. And we're banking on our potential. Before Clayborn went down, he did nothing in pre-season and the first 3 games. He came off a good rookie year, but we still don't know what we have in him. I like his motor, but he's more of a power rusher, not a pure guy that can beat you with moves and speed. The injury is concerning. Bowers has a ton of potential and upside, but he needs to stay healthy as well. McCoy has faced double teams on a consistent basis. He needs help on the outside. Plus, our depth there is questionable.

We're not one player away from a playoff contending team. We need a lot of improvement and development on the defensive side of the ball. If Clayborn and Bowers hit their stride, defensively, we'll be fine.

Offensively, the biggest concern in Freeman and can he improve. He had that 6 game streak, however it wasn't as impressive when playing bottom feeder defenses. The rest of those games he was very erratic.

If he improves, I can see us going to the playoffs. Our season pretty much rides on his performance because the new NFL these days, even having a top 5 defense, you still need a QB. Ask the Niners. Top notch defense that still was shredded by Rodgers and Ryan and Flacco in the playofffs for 20+ points.
And they have an elite defense.

People who think an Elite defense can hide Freeman's deficiencies are clearly living in the past. It's an offensive based league now a days and we need our QB.
\

finally haha

I still don't understand how any of this is an argument against acquiring Revis, an elite CB. No one is saying we're a CB away, but it's clear we need CB help. We're going to use picks on CB, so why not trade instead? What do we lose by acquiring the top CB in football when we will clearly address the position anyway?

Even if we beef up the defensive line more like you suggest, the secondary will still be the same as it was last year, so the argument is the same, it just flips. Instead of someone saying, "No, no, we need DL help," it's "Well our secondary is awful." The pass rush is obviously the make up of the DL and the secondary. They are connected. Improve one and the other will improve, too.

We have an opportunity to add an elite player, so we should take it regardless of how many Super Bowls they won or whatever your counterargument is now.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Pvsports9 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
I understand what you're saying.

There is no doubt Revis would improve our secondary. With Goldson and an improving Barron. We would need a solid #2 and Johnson and Gaitor are good enough to man the nickel.

However, our secondary could still struggle if our dline fails to improve. And we're banking on our potential. Before Clayborn went down, he did nothing in pre-season and the first 3 games. He came off a good rookie year, but we still don't know what we have in him. I like his motor, but he's more of a power rusher, not a pure guy that can beat you with moves and speed. The injury is concerning. Bowers has a ton of potential and upside, but he needs to stay healthy as well. McCoy has faced double teams on a consistent basis. He needs help on the outside. Plus, our depth there is questionable.

We're not one player away from a playoff contending team. We need a lot of improvement and development on the defensive side of the ball. If Clayborn and Bowers hit their stride, defensively, we'll be fine.

Offensively, the biggest concern in Freeman and can he improve. He had that 6 game streak, however it wasn't as impressive when playing bottom feeder defenses. The rest of those games he was very erratic.

If he improves, I can see us going to the playoffs. Our season pretty much rides on his performance because the new NFL these days, even having a top 5 defense, you still need a QB. Ask the Niners. Top notch defense that still was shredded by Rodgers and Ryan and Flacco in the playofffs for 20+ points.
And they have an elite defense.

People who think an Elite defense can hide Freeman's deficiencies are clearly living in the past. It's an offensive based league now a days and we need our QB.
\

finally haha

I still don't understand how any of this is an argument against acquiring Revis, an elite CB. No one is saying we're a CB away, but it's clear we need CB help. We're going to use picks on CB, so why not trade instead? What do we lose by acquiring the top CB in football when we will clearly address the position anyway?

Even if we beef up the defensive line more like you suggest, the secondary will still be the same as it was last year, so the argument is the same, it just flips. Instead of someone saying, "No, no, we need DL help," it's "Well our secondary is awful." The pass rush is obviously the make up of the DL and the secondary. They are connected. Improve one and the other will improve, too.

We have an opportunity to add an elite player, so we should take it regardless of how many Super Bowls they won or whatever your counterargument is now.

Revis improves the secondary no doubt. What I'm saying is if your dline , like several times last year, isn't generating pressure and qbs are given 4-5 seconds to go through all their reads.

What I'm saying is both need to improve to give us a chance for post season play. But our season will depend on Josh Freeman's play.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

Quote:
SI's Peter King expects Darrelle Revis to be dealt to the Bucs for "two high draft choices" before the draft.
King also expects GM John Idzik to "try to find a way to not trade Revis."

Does King work for the Jets or something? He seems to be the only guy that posts these sort of things. He was also the guy that suggested we would give up a 1/2 last week.

"Try to find a way to not trade Revis".... uh don't pick up the phone, don't answer emails or texts, don't sign the trade papers.... "trying to find a way"... Confused

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
SI's Peter King expects Darrelle Revis to be dealt to the Bucs for "two high draft choices" before the draft.

Does King work for the Jets or something? He seems to be the only guy that posts these sort of things. He was also the guy that suggested we would give up a 1/2 last week.

"Try to find a way to not trade Revis".... uh don't pick up the phone, don't answer emails or texts, don't sign the trade papers.... "trying to find a way"... Confused

I actually do believe idzik and Ryan don't want to trade him. But tannebuan and woody Johnson really messed up the ship.

Jets are going to drag this out. I mean is rather keep Revis over Cro any day.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

Laughing Yup.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

I actually do believe idzik and Ryan don't want to trade him. But tannebuan and woody Johnson really messed up the ship.

Jets are going to drag this out. I mean is rather keep Revis over Cro any day.

They have plenty of cap space next year. It certainly appears the organization (probably Woody) seems to have an issue with Revis and his agent from past negotiations. It is such a slippery slope for negotiating a trade because no other team seems willing to give up assets and sign Revis to his desired extension. In my opinion, the latest the can deal him and get a good return is before training camp. Once training camp starts, I find it hard to believe the offers would get better.

Also, I believe the agent already has a pretty good idea of the proposed extension from the Bucs (guaranteed money). Pretty sure the Bucs would be paying under the assumption he will be healthy and as effective. That is why the Bucs really have no bidding competition because not a lot of teams have the cap flexibility to pay Revis as the top defensive player regardless of position or are willing to take that risk.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I watch CB Desmond Trufant, the more I see the similarities of Darrell Revis as a prospect. Fluid hips, swagger for the position, uses us hands at the LOS very well, very good speed, and he just sticks with WRs. May not be a turn over machine, but he's got very good potential to be a shut down CB.

I like Rhodes a lot. I have both Trufant and Rhodes ahead of Milliner.
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
The more I watch CB Desmond Trufant, the more I see the similarities of Darrell Revis as a prospect. Fluid hips, swagger for the position, uses us hands at the LOS very well, very good speed, and he just sticks with WRs. May not be a turn over machine, but he's got very good potential to be a shut down CB.

I have Trufant as my #1 Rhodes #2

He's too solid as an all around player not to love his game
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I have Trufant as my #1 Rhodes #2

He's too solid as an all around player not to love his game

I'm with R&P on this. Trufant is more of a pure cover corner but his game reminds me of Jonathan Joseph instead of Revis. Would not surprise me if we took him at 13.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trufant reminds me of Biggers a bit to be honest.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trufant is a solid player, but I see corners in round 2 that are comparable to him. Like Jamar Taylor and Robert Alford. Fluid, competitive, and fast.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 42 of 74

Jump to: