Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys Potential FA Rumors - OT Winston rumored
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
The Winston trade rumor is big enough to deserve its own thread. We should unlock the other thread IMO.
its an unsubstantiated rumor that has been denied by more sources than the single report from Schefter who likes to generate talk. There for i locked it and moved it here.

#agenttalk

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@DavidMooreDMN: Will OT Eric Winston land in Dallas? Been told Cowboys are not in negotiations and don't plan to pursue at this time. Same w/ Tyson Clabo.

@BryanBroaddus: “@hitstickmaster2: @BryanBroaddus whats your assessment of Eric Winston?” I am watching him but don't think the team is.

@clarencehilljr: Per a cowboys source, team is not in contract talks with Eric Winston. So pump your brakes please.

@BryanBroaddus: “@landonmccool: @BryanBroaddus Are you saying the Winston report is overblown?” How about not true. Check who is agent is.

@BryanBroaddus: “@landonmccool: @BryanBroaddus I can’t find it, but I’m gonna guess by your tone, Rosenhaus?” You are learning.

@BloggingTheBoys: mutual interest could be "we'll start talking tomorrow" or could mean "if we don't find some1 in the draft & you're still a FA we'll talk"

@clarencehilljr: Source reiterated there is no interest in Eric Winston at this time...so there is that too

@fishsports: .@landonmccool which is why agents trying to stir pot. AND 'cowboys interested!!!' Always seems to get natl attention.

#agenttalk

Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
The Winston trade rumor is big enough to deserve its own thread. We should unlock the other thread IMO.
its an unsubstantiated rumor that has been denied by more sources than the single report from Schefter who likes to generate talk. There for i locked it and moved it here.

#agenttalk

It's not a trade rumor. Winston is an FA.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

#agenttalk

It's the offseason and its Eric Winston. It's not like an Anthony Armstrong rumor. That thread hit 2 pages really quick because its exciting news whether 100% substantiated or not. And the cowboys confirmed the interest but merely denied the negotiation aspect. I dont see why we're killing a thread that is generating good discussion in the offseason. Just me though.

Quote:
Reports have surfaced that the Cowboys are in negotiations with Eric Winston. Club officials have inquired about the right tackle, but stress the Cowboys are not in negotiations with Winston
cboysfaninWI

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to some hack on NFL.com the talks are "heating up". I just heard him on the radio and he said he is looking for around $4-5 million/year and doesnt neccessarily even need a long term deal. This is a no brainer to me. 2 years ago he was the best RT in football and he didnt play nearly as bad last year as people are saying.

Calvert28 wrote "Kendall Hunter>>>DeMarco Murray"
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do need a RT so we can replace Free. Winston is one of the good FAs available at RT. Hope we can get something done with him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4707441/stephen-jones-says-cowboys-looking-at-eric-winston

Peppers90^^
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Free agent LB Orie Lemon is participating in Chiefs' voluntary workouts on a tryout basis.

Always liked him, wish him the best. Also be upset if McSurdy is on the roster over giving him a chance.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cav_fan2 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4707441/stephen-jones-says-cowboys-looking-at-eric-winston

I think if we went into the season with the following at o-line:

Smith - Cooper - Schwenke - Bernadeau/Livings - Winston

I'd be very happy, and I think most would agree that would be a drastic upgrade over the last two seasons.

^^^mack
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
cav_fan2 wrote:

I'd be very happy, and I think most would agree that would be a drastic upgrade over the last two seasons.

I would absolutely love it! But for some reason I think they have a thing for Costa and "The Schwenkster" wont be there. If Cooper or Warmack are drafted I think Livings gets cut.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
cav_fan2 wrote:

I would absolutely love it! But for some reason I think they have a thing for Costa and "The Schwenkster" wont be there. If Cooper or Warmack are drafted I think Livings gets cut.

Jerry doesn't know it yet, but he's going to have a run in the night before the draft with some midget ninjas on loan from Matts who will..."persuade" him to pull the trigger on Schwenke.

^^^mack
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
cav_fan2 wrote:

Then who is gonna play the other guard position? Bernadeau sucks something awful. At least Livings is decent.
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
cav_fan2 wrote:

Then who is gonna play the other guard position? Bernadeau sucks something awful. At least Livings is decent.
ARKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
cav_fan2 wrote:

ARKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leary!!! Jerry's new project

CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burningduece, Leary, Arkin, FA I don't really know. I just don't think his age/salary combo would work for us anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 33 of 34

Jump to: