Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys Potential FA Rumors - OT Winston rumored
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baixis wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
Tyson Clabo is a very good player. If he come for cheap on a short contract (or a contract without much guaranteed later) then I'd be in for it. I still believe that Parnell could've developed into a starter, and could fear that Clabo would be a progress stopper.

- So, it all depends on the price for me. I still don't have any problems with Parnell and Free battling it out in TC.

Sorry man, but I think this is exactly how Jerry has felt for years now, and it has PROVEN to be HORRIBLY WRONG. Whether we sign a FA guy or not (I would like to), we should draft a young RT, cut Free, and let Parnell continue to develop and be the backup/swing Tackle. Its time to fix this stinky line once and for all, and STOP hoping these other guys will develop!

Last year Parnell gave us no reason to believe anything else then he can be a starter in the near future. I doubt that Jerry and Co. have felt for years that Parnell was on the verge of being starter ready, everybody knew that he was a project that would take some years but that had potential to turn into something real good.
- Really, how many pressures did you notice come from Parnells side when he played last season? I don't see a reason why to use a high draft pick on a position where you already have a young talented guy who showed that he has starting potential. A vet, is understandable. That high pick can easily be used somewhere else.
Baixis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Baixis wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
Tyson Clabo is a very good player. If he come for cheap on a short contract (or a contract without much guaranteed later) then I'd be in for it. I still believe that Parnell could've developed into a starter, and could fear that Clabo would be a progress stopper.

- So, it all depends on the price for me. I still don't have any problems with Parnell and Free battling it out in TC.

Sorry man, but I think this is exactly how Jerry has felt for years now, and it has PROVEN to be HORRIBLY WRONG. Whether we sign a FA guy or not (I would like to), we should draft a young RT, cut Free, and let Parnell continue to develop and be the backup/swing Tackle. Its time to fix this stinky line once and for all, and STOP hoping these other guys will develop!

Last year Parnell gave us no reason to believe anything else then he can be a starter in the near future. I doubt that Jerry and Co. have felt for years that Parnell was on the verge of being starter ready, everybody knew that he was a project that would take some years but that had potential to turn into something real good.
- Really, how many pressures did you notice come from Parnells side when he played last season? I don't see a reason why to use a high draft pick on a position where you already have a young talented guy who showed that he has starting potential. A vet, is understandable. That high pick can easily be used somewhere else.

Because regardless of what YOU think of Parnell, I would feel much better with one of the top 3 RTs in the draft - regardless of where we draft them. Parnell MAY be progressing nicely, but I don't think he's better than a top 3 prospect, period, and I'm tired of a crap OL. I'm ready for some 90's type talent again! In fact, I'm hoping we take at least 2 OL in the first 3-4 rds.
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think the best course of action is sign one of the vet RT's to a 1 or 2 yr deal on the cheap ( Winston, A.Smith, Clabo ) and also draft a young tackle in the mid rounds like B.Williams, C.Faulk, J.Mills etc... Then cut Free and our tackles would be T.Smith, Parnell, Rookie, and a veteran like Winston. That would be a very nice core of tackles for now and the future. Win Win

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We make it so complicated. Just draft the BPA. Judging by the talent of this draft a BPA would prob be around the Guard position from where we are picking with Cooper or Warmack.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you want to both sign a vet FA and draft a mid early OT? That would mean that we have Smith on the left side and probably a vet RT who would hold back two young talented OT's from getting any play time. To me, that's just a waste of a pick. Offensive line is where you don't need a lot of great guys as depth, depth is much more valuable at every single other position as DT, S, WR and HB. Positions where they actually will get playing time. I can see why some of you would use a early pick on a OT, but then we should stay away from getting a big FA.

- Also, just FYI, Parnell allowed the lowest pressure rate of any OT on the team last season (He allowed pressures on 4.2 percent of the snaps, Smith allowed 6,0 and Free 6,2). Meanwhile, our HB's had 5.06 yards per carry behind Parnell, while they had 2,58 behind Free. That's why I'm perfectly fine with bringing in a vet on a 1 or two year deal or keeping Free, but not with wasting a mid/high pick on a OT unless he's clearly BPA since we already have that young talent on the team and that pick would have a bigger impact somewhere else. I'd say that Parnell is more talented then the majority of OT's in the draft, his inexperience at OT just caused him to be a UDFA but now he is starting to learn to use that athletic ability at the position and is ready to compete for a starting job after what? 3 years of NFL experience is it?
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Why do you want to both sign a vet FA and draft a mid early OT? That would mean that we have Smith on the left side and probably a vet RT who would hold back two young talented OT's from getting any play time. To me, that's just a waste of a pick. Offensive line is where you don't need a lot of great guys as depth, depth is much more valuable at every single other position as DT, S, WR and HB. Positions where they actually will get playing time. I can see why some of you would use a early pick on a OT, but then we should stay away from getting a big FA.

- Also, just FYI, Parnell allowed the lowest pressure rate of any OT on the team last season (He allowed pressures on 4.2 percent of the snaps, Smith allowed 6,0 and Free 6,2). Meanwhile, our HB's had 5.06 yards per carry behind Parnell, while they had 2,58 behind Free. That's why I'm perfectly fine with bringing in a vet on a 1 or two year deal or keeping Free, but not with wasting a mid/high pick on a OT unless he's clearly BPA since we already have that young talent on the team and that pick would have a bigger impact somewhere else. I'd say that Parnell is more talented then the majority of OT's in the draft, his inexperience at OT just caused him to be a UDFA but now he is starting to learn to use that athletic ability at the position and is ready to compete for a starting job after what? 3 years of NFL experience is it?

Im not opposed to Parnell getting a chance, but Clabo would fix the problem for 2-3 years. The Interior Line is where there are problems.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:

Im not opposed to Parnell getting a chance, but Clabo would fix the problem for 2-3 years. The Interior Line is where there are problems.

I have no problem with trying to get a vet on a favorable deal and let Parnell develop a yaer or two more. Clabo would be an excellent choice.

- No doubt that we need a OG. And we need it bad.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Clabo play inside as well? Signing him to a reasonable long term contract gives us draft flexibility as well as long term depth if any of the younguns work out, I would think...
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Blogging The Boys ‏@BloggingTheBoys 3h
RT @Birddog26: Thought interest in Clabo was homework. Hearing talk from VR it may be much more for the Cowboys than doing due diligence.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
Quote:
Blogging The Boys ‏@BloggingTheBoys 3h
RT @Birddog26: Thought interest in Clabo was homework. Hearing talk from VR it may be much more for the Cowboys than doing due diligence.

I dont think anyone will be doing much more signing until after the draft. I dont see any Tackle however, that really shines or jumps off the page that will fall to us. Id much rather see them lock up a RT now, and hope one of the Big Guards fall to us in Cooper or Warmack. If not, we can possibly take Vaccaro, and nab a guard in the 2nd.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
We make it so complicated. Just draft the BPA. Judging by the talent of this draft a BPA would prob be around the Guard position from where we are picking with Cooper or Warmack.

BPA is a beautiful Utopian idea, but isnt always realistic. What if cb, te, or mlb are the bpa in rounds 1-3? Do we draft backups, and avoid Oline after we just paid a whole bunch of money to our qb? I think bpa that fits a need or at least a position where a current starter's contract will be up in a year makes more sense.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this a little bit interesting.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4707263/demarcus-ware-says-cowboys-will-improve-on-8-8
Quote:
Ware said he tried to recruit then-free agent defensive end Osi Umenyiora to sign with the Cowboys
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
Found this a little bit interesting.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4707263/demarcus-ware-says-cowboys-will-improve-on-8-8
Quote:
Ware said he tried to recruit then-free agent defensive end Osi Umenyiora to sign with the Cowboys

I'm not surprised at all. They were teammates at Troy and are very close friends, so I'm sure they would've loved the chance to play together again.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Gvegas222

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Cowboys are in contract talks with free agent RT Eric Winston.

Quote:
Bryan Broaddus of DallasCowboys.com disputes reports that the team has interest in free agent RT Eric Winston.

But...

Quote:
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram is also reporting that the Cowboys are "not in contract talks" with Winston.

Wonder which one is true? I hope we sign Winston.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Winston trade rumor is big enough to deserve its own thread. We should unlock the other thread IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 32 of 34

Jump to: