You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys Potential FA Rumors - OT Winston rumored
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
htfryar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
Way to get my hopes up...

thought you were talking about Randy

Why would that get your hopes up? Randy Moss is old and washed up at this stage of his career. Plus, he wants to play for a contender, so that would immediately rule us out anyway.

Literally send him on a streak every play and let Romo throw it up. We need to start Flacco'ing it!

He doesn't have the speed for that anymore.

Romo also throws a terrible deep ball. It always comes in on a inside/low trajectory. Flacco puts the ball up high, out front, and to the sideline.

I personally would love for Randy to play for us even if for a year, I always loved him and it would at least make this season interesting watching him shoot lasers out of his eyes at Romo. Then we could cut him and listen to him air all the dirty laundry in way that only Randy can...sigh..oh Randy.

In regards to the bold, that's because there is a huge difference between Joe Flacco's arm strength and Romo's. It's like comparing John Elway's arm strength to Troy Aikman's. They aren't even close.

My how the years have flown by.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

Why would that get your hopes up? Randy Moss is old and washed up at this stage of his career. Plus, he wants to play for a contender, so that would immediately rule us out anyway.

Literally send him on a streak every play and let Romo throw it up. We need to start Flacco'ing it!

Romo also throws a terrible deep ball. It always comes in on a inside/low trajectory. Flacco puts the ball up high, out front, and to the sideline.

That's the difference in the arm strength between the two. Romo's arm is very average compare to someone like Flacco, so we shouldn't expect him to consistently make throws like that.

Quote:
I personally would love for Randy to play for us even if for a year, I always loved him and it would at least make this season interesting watching him shoot lasers out of his eyes at Romo. Then we could cut him and listen to him air all the dirty laundry in way that only Randy can...sigh..oh Randy.

I've always been a huge Moss fan as well, and I've never forgiven Jerry for taking Greg Ellis rather than him, but his best days are far behind him. I'm not sure what value he'd even bring to the team at this point. Defenses aren't afraid of him anymore because he lacks the speed to go deep, still refuses to run routes, and still avoids going across the middle, so his opportunities would be very limited in our offense.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

In regards to the bold, that's because there is a huge difference between Joe Flacco's arm strength and Romo's. It's like comparing John Elway's arm strength to Troy Aikman's. They aren't even close.

Aikman had a very strong arm, ht. His arm was much closer to Elway's than Romo's is to Flacco's. That being said, I agree with you.

Northland wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know how that got into bold. I wasn't trying to make some point that people had not thought before simple slip of the finger.

As for taking Greg Ellis over Randy Moss...I still remember where I was and how hurt I was. I still feel it was Irvins fault for being a coke head and Jerry trying to make a solid pick. With that being said, I think that was the pick that turned Jerry into a lunatic and draft fool for a decade. He's been trying to make up for that pick since, thank God for Dez Bryant or this insanity may have never stopped, or has it?
htfryar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plan, you are probably right about Aikman/Elway. Elway and Flacco had/have elite arm strength. Aikman's was very good and Romo's is above average at best.

My how the years have flown by.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Plan, you are probably right about Aikman/Elway. Elway and Flacco had/have elite arm strength. Aikman's was very good and Romo's is above average at best.

I'd say that's pretty accurate.

Northland wrote:
hitstreak07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a rumor, but you guys think there would be any interest in Eric Winston? Chiefs just cut him.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitstreak07 wrote:
Not really a rumor, but you guys think there would be any interest in Eric Winston? Chiefs just cut him.

I would want him.

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
You're the Tony Romo we never deserved.
Baixis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitstreak07 wrote:

Hell yeah I would take him! I may be one of the few who think RT might actually be a bigger need than OG - and have been talking about taking Fluker at #18. So if we could BUY Winston, and draft an OG and FS in the first two rounds, I would be ecstatic!!!
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baixis wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:

Hell yeah I would take him! I may be one of the few who think RT might actually be a bigger need than OG - and have been talking about taking Fluker at #18. So if we could BUY Winston, and draft an OG and FS in the first two rounds, I would be ecstatic!!!

Agreed. Great fit if we stick with a ZBS as well

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
hitstreak07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Baixis wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:

Agreed. Great fit if we stick with a ZBS as well

I agree with you guys.....I don't think he breaks the bank by any means, and a few of the articles I read say that he's at his best in a ZBS
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actually pretty confident we sign Winston. Texas born, played for the Texans. We have a need. It's almost too perfect.

AND it sets us up for Cooper. Very Happy

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I am actually pretty confident we sign Winston. Texas born, played for the Texans. We have a need. It's almost too perfect.

AND it sets us up for Cooper. Very Happy

What do you think it takes to get him? 4/18M?

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I am his agent, I ask for a 3-4 year deal so he can get one final pay day when he is hitting his prime at 32-33.

In Redball I Trust!
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith - Cooper - Kowala - Slauson - Winston

Cool

In Redball I Trust!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 3 of 34

Jump to: